RCCL Signature Visa Credit Card

AFT_LOVER

this is the biggie for excellent customers at Bank of America. I happened to phone the MBNA # which is now answered B of A. I asked why B of A is playing with my statement date, which is very unconvenient as I pay off my account before the bill prints. I am the 6th of the month & in January they chose the 8th but do not publicize this change to me or anyone. So she tells me the February is the 6th & will make a note to the webmaster to publish it online.

Then she asked if I am happy with the Platinum Plus account that I have had since 2005. I said NO. No warranty, no travel insurance, no good perks like great customers deserve. So she tells me I need a Signature Visa, which is fee free & had the automatic one year warranty on all purchases if a year warranty already & you can buy additional for 5 years for $85. Hotel upgrades & discounts & other great stuff.

So I have 10,050 points which I will lose with the new account so I cashed them in for $100 OBC. And they will call when my current card will be Signature VISA so I will see my new account # but the cards won't be here for 3 weeks!!!

So we win! We get double RCCL points for RCCL purchses & we get all the goodies of AMEX with our VISA. So give them a call to get upgraded also!

I stopped using my RCCI rewards visa. I now use a Chase Rewards Plus Visa. Has no fee and also has the added warranty on purchases. Best of all this card gets 1 point per dollar on purchases other than gas, groceries, and drug store purchases. For those, you get 5 points. It adds up really fast. You can get cash back at $100 per 10,000 points or choose items from their gift catalog. One of the things you can choose from is a $200 RCCI or Carnival cruise certificate for 18,500 points. Also can cash in on airline tickets.

I stopped using my RCCI rewards visa. I now use a Chase Rewards Plus Visa. Has no fee and also has the added warranty on purchases. Best of all this card gets 1 point per dollar on purchases other than gas, groceries, and drug store purchases. For those, you get 5 points. It adds up really fast. You can get cash back at $100 per 10,000 points or choose items from their gift catalog. One of the things you can choose from is a $200 RCCI or Carnival cruise certificate for 18,500 points. Also can cash in on airline tickets.

A lot of different factors play into which card is best for an individual person. Several web sites have good discussion articles on how to figure out which card is best for you, including airline cards, cruise cards, bank cards, etc. So, I developed a sheet to analyze card value for me.

Several comments, IMHO on the CRPV if I had that card applying my criteria as an example: no fee is good. Points are 1x, but gas, groceries, DS are 5x, I would charge 5x stuff on that card and not 1x items, if I had another card. Rewards value are for cash 1% back, and for cruise certificate, 1.081%. Well below my award criteria for 1x, above my criteria for 5x purchases.

For example: my RCI charges are 2x points, and redemption value is 2% if I select a cruise option. That equals 4% return. I only charge RCI stuff on that card. I figured my airline awards as "double dipping" (another credit card points and air miles points) and they equal about 16%.:)

If you pay the card off each month to accrue no interest, otherwise the interest throws off the calculation.

A lot of different factors play into which card is best for an individual person. Several web sites have good discussion articles on how to figure out which card is best for you, including airline cards, cruise cards, bank cards, etc. So, I developed a sheet to analyze card value for me.

Several comments, IMHO on the CRPV if I had that card applying my criteria as an example: no fee is good. Points are 1x, but gas, groceries, DS are 5x, I would charge 5x stuff on that card and not 1x items, if I had another card. Rewards value are for cash 1% back, and for cruise certificate, 1.081%. Well below my award criteria for 1x, above my criteria for 5x purchases.

For example: my RCI charges are 2x points, and redemption value is 2% if I select a cruise option. That equals 4% return. I only charge RCI stuff on that card. I figured my airline awards as "double dipping" (another credit card points and air miles points) and they equal about 16%.:)

If you pay the card off each month to accrue no interest, otherwise the interest throws off the calculation.

OK, now I'm really confused!:confused: :confused: :confused:

after a long talk with Marketing Dept at RCI. The gentleman was great ear, knowing how well Diamond & Diamond Plus members are in free advertising & the credit card should spoil us. The present card was used by myself to purchase a clothes dryer from an electronics store that didn't take AMEX. When I got home I learned that MBNA took away the warranty coverage that was originally on it. SO no extended or doubled warranty. So I got AMEX to transfer the charge to them so I got the miles.

Than I phone Bank of America to learn what they plan to do after aquiring MBNA. They are not a local bank to Clevelanders, not anywhere near 50 miles, but they were quite informative & that they truly do not become MBNA until October 2006 & at that time they were going to make RCI's Diamond & Diamond Plus members very happy when we become Signature Visa with all the dynamic perks. Then I get the call 1/22 that I was upgraded. MAJOR POINTS FOR THEM!

So items discussed via email or in the mail with RCCL is considered. The Next Cruise option is next, even my TA is anxious since group cruise bookings could not get the OBC for booking onboard, and with Next Cruise we will. My booking from Jewel last May to Alaska on 9/2007 is getting the $200 OBC as well as my April cruise which I switched from Jewel to Brilliance but the same booking #. That was a very nice surprise...........

They do read the comments card, as we got our Concierge from Jewel promoted to C/S Asst Mgr on Jewel. We go a letter of thanks from him in the mail. Now that is class..........

Archived