mediterranean cruise weather in Oct and Nov

We are booked on the Royal Princess in mid November 2007.

the AVERAGE hi temps are generally in the 60's for the ports we are visiting. For this reason we decided not to book a balcony since it will probably be too cold to get much use.

If you are thinking Princess, their website list the average temperature, average hi/low, etc. for each port the cruise visits. I am not sure about other lines.

Paul

Not so hot that you would be uncomforable with walking around the ports from what I've read. That's why we booked when we did. It wasn't so much that it is a less expensive time, but I sure wasn't looking forward to dragging around Europe in the heat.......

We've booked the October 24 Med Cruise on the Brilliance.

Our first Mediterranean cruise, Rome to Lisbon, was right before Thanksgiving in 1997. We were amazed at how comfortable the weather was, and how uncrowded the ports were. That is why we also booked the 24th of Oct. 2007, Barcelona r/t. In 2005, we booked the Galaxy, Rome r/t thinking the crowds would be gone and wow, we were so surprised. Crowds everywhere. We have a good group going on the 24th, would like to have you join us. Blazer

omr

I just took Celbrity's Millenium in November 2006. The weather was perfect !! We started in Venice on November 6, the weather all week was around 65 - nice, light jacket and scarf was all that was needed. We had no rain in Venice and we didn't leave until Nov 11. We sailed from Venice to Barcelona. The weather was absolutely perfect until Florence. We actually were comfortable in short sleeve shirts. In fact, in Naples we were wearing summer shirts !! We did encounter rough sailing when we left Rome and by the time we reached Florence, we had rain for the first time (and only time) on the trip. We ended in Barcelona. It did get cooler here, but a fleece jacket was all we needed.

Hope this helps you - It was an incredible trip !!!! Vicki :o

This is a great site to check weather for the previous 10 years (scroll down to History and Almanac & choose your date.) http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/16239.html I would try this for several of the ports that you are going to so that you'll have an idea of the difference in weather between Oct. and Nov.

Another consideration is the shorter daylight hours - you can check this site for the places that you plan on visiting: http://www.sunrisesunset.com/ If you click on 'calendar' under the city name, and then click on the last month, the next month will appear .... just keep doing this until you get to Oct & Nov.

We cruised the Eastern Med in mid to late November last year. The weather was amazingly perfect, although we heard from various local guides that the weather the week before us had been cooler and rainy.

For most of these ports, rainfall is higher in the months of October and November, but it wasn't a problem at all on our cruise. Temps were perfect; rarely needed a jacket and we were never hot. Great for all the walking we did.

From the perspective of crowds and sightseeing, I'd definitely recommend these months. If you're looking for a beach vacation though, I wouldn't count on beach weather....

DH and I were the Eastern Med last Nov. and on Nov. 4th it was 24 degrees F and SNOWING in Istanbul, next day 38 degrees F and sunny, next day 45 degrees F and sunny in Ephesus, followed immediately the next day by 68 degrees F and sunny in Athens. So the moral of this story is that the weather can be VERY unpredictable that time of year...pack accordingly. When my DH packed 2 extra pull-over jackets I mocked him, I wasn't mocking him when I was asking to borrow one of them, it saved me from freezing for three days.

Have a wonderful trip.icon7.gif

DScruiser

Archived