How many swimsuits and cover-ups did you take?

I always pack 2 or 3 swimsuits. Just one cover-up. The reason you need more than one swimsuit is because your suit will not dry overnight. I hang mine in the shower overnight and it is always still damp the next morning (yuck).

2-3 swimsuits for me too. 2 1-piece ones and one bikini. In fact, I used only one during my cruise because it was not very warm and we skipped NCL private island because the tenders couldn't handle safely the big waves but 2 swimsuits are a minimum since they don't dry fast. 2 cover ups seem alright to me.

Okay, I'll admit it: for 7 days cruising French Polynesia, I took 5 suits and 4 cover-ups.

I wore all the suits, but only 3 of the cover-ups.

Now, maybe that's not as extreme as it sounds: I prefer a one-piece when I scuba or snorkel, and I usually sunbathe in a bikini. And there was the classic "most embarassing moment on a cruise" bikini - you can bet IT only got one wearing!!

I take 2 swimsuits...one for "fashion" and the second for use in the hot tubs. The hot tub suit is made by TYR (Speedo makes them too) and is 100% polyester. Will not break down from the chlorine in the hot tubs like other swimsuits that have lycra in them. I ruined a $120 Miraclesuit by wearing it into the hot tubs on cruises.

I always rinse out my swimsuit in the cabin sink as soon as I'm back in the cabin. Wring it out as best I can or roll it up in a bath towel and step on it to get most of the water out of it. If you hang it so that it isn't doubled up anywhere, it will dry by morning.

Two coverups usually, although for seven days...one is really enough. Lots of t shirts you don't mind getting grubby because they are indispensable for those days when you've had just a little too much sun. I've learned to always take a big, loose t shirt with me on any shore excursion where I'm going to be in the water.

I usually take at least three or four, one of them is more of a sacrificial suit for the hot tubs. One cover up and two pareos (sarong). The pareos are indespensible for many things, I lay on them instead of the towel, so I don't get terry cloth skin. They can cover you up on the way back from the pool, I've used them to wrap up a load of laundry to carry to the laundry room (not on a ship, more at a hotel). They also come in handy to take to the movie theatre as a blankie, it's cold in there. We rarely go into the pool, too many kids splashing and that water is cold. I don't like to wear the same suit several times in one week.

Swimsuits and cover ups are the one thing I don't scrimp on when packing for a cruise. For one week, I'd say 3-4 swimsuits and an equal number of cover ups. They don't take up much space, and my family spends a great deal of time in the water.

I take 2 to 3 bathing suits and 2 to 3 coverups. I have a dress coverup, and I have a pareo coverup that I wear with a white button down shirt, tied at the waist, and then I have the va-va-voom black nylon, sheer coverup that I really don't wear that often any longer. Bathing suits and coverups take little room in my suitcase, so I don't mind taking a couple of each.:)

usually I bring 2 bathing suits and 1 cover up...not sure If I am going to bring an extra suit this time.....hmmm...LOL...

I have never done the Dolphin excursion in Nassau before..thinking of splurging and doing it...:rolleyes: ....$$$...its not an inexpensive excursion though...need a suit for that one too LOL

I take 2 swimsuits...one for "fashion" and the second for use in the hot tubs. The hot tub suit is made by TYR (Speedo makes them too) and is 100% polyester. Will not break down from the chlorine in the hot tubs like other swimsuits that have lycra in them. I ruined a $120 Miraclesuit by wearing it into the hot tubs on cruises.

Wow ! Thanks for the FYI on that. I wasn't even thinking about how bad the chlorine is in the hot tubs and was going to pack my $100 Carol Weir suit for the hot tub. Now, I think I'll take my $20 Target suit for the hot tub instead.

I'm taking 4 suits and a hot tub suit for my cruise in 3 weeks.

- Yvette

Last time I took 5 swimsuits, wore 2. I took 3 coverups, wore 1. Granted it was summer and I didn't use the pool (too crowded, have my own), I still think I'll take fewer this Dec. I'll probably use the pool this time--well, maybe!

Mim. 2 suits and 1 coverup. Be sure to rinse them out after EACH use as this will cut down on the clorine damage. No mater what I do they do NOT dry overnight. Lois take the excersion with the dolphins you will LOVE it.

gracesgems

It depends on where I am cruising. To Alaska I brought one suit, one coverup, and didn't wear them at all. Warm climate cruises I bring 3-5 swimsuits and 2-3 coverups. I use pareos as coverups. They are so versatile. I sometimes wear it as a sarong skirt, other times as a halter dress and other times as a strapless dress. I figure swimsuits can be crammed into small spaces and don't weigh much for packing, so I bring lots of them.

Natalie

I bring at least 2 bathing suits - usually 3. Hate to put on a wet suit. I also like differnt styles for different activities. Like one with a little more coverage for water sports.

I don't really have any "cover ups". Usually just wear shorts and t-shirts. I do bring a couple of t-shirts just for beach days - so I don't care if they get sunscreen or anything on them.

Lois - If you are even remotely interested in the Dolphin Encounter - DO IT!! I did that in Nassau on my first cruise and it was (to this day) one of the coolest things I've ever done. Ranked right up there with swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman. I even have a picture of me and DH with the dolphin and I'm getting a kiss on the cheek. I know it's a little more money than the average excursion, but it's SO worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived