Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

We are sailing on the Island Princess to Alaska next May and have put a hold on cabins 517 and 521 on the Plaza Deck. Does anyone have an opinion - good, bad, or anything? :) Thanks so much for any information you could provide.

I always trust your judgement and you have been right on about the last 2 cabins I asked you about.

On the Freedom we were below the lido chair scraping every night .:(

On the Elation we were in an aft cabin which was actually kind of nice larger than most ocean views pretty quiet we did have the shudder leaving ports.:o

So we just booked the Legend and I wanted an extended balcony we chose 7190 any info on that? We avoided adjoining and tried to sandwhich ourselves between cabins .

So any info would be great , I also tried to do a search here but the search function is down .

Thanks in advance Ann

I just returned from Victory. second time in a forward cabin. Love it. Like to be right next to door out to front deck. Very quiet.DH mentioned one of the safest places on ship.Yes, alot of walking, but sure helps to burn some calories.

So we just booked the Legend and I wanted an extended balcony we chose 7190 any info on that? We avoided adjoining and tried to sandwhich ourselves between cabins .

the best cabin on that deck is 7258. there are two more 6232 or 8232

if you can score any of those--you wont be sorry. For the price they are the best on the whole ship.

with the cabin you booked-- there will be a wall across the hall- those inside rooms are on the other side---less hall traffic for you.

Serene,

I've been reading some of the posts and you really seem to have a lot of knowledge regarding the rooms of the ships :)! If you don't mind, I have a question for you. My husband and I booked two guarentee OV rooms on the Holiday. Today we found out that the rooms are 6BM182 and 6BM186. I'm excited that our family will be right next to each other but the rooms are very aft and there is a white space below us. Would you be able to tell me anything about those rooms?

Thanks so much!

Preacher's wife

Serene,

I've been reading some of the posts and you really seem to have a lot of knowledge regarding the rooms of the ships :)! If you don't mind, I have a question for you. My husband and I booked two guarentee OV rooms on the Holiday. Today we found out that the rooms are 6BM182 and 6BM186. I'm excited that our family will be right next to each other but the rooms are very aft and there is a white space below us. Would you be able to tell me anything about those rooms?

Thanks so much!

Preacher's wife

its very rare that when you book a guarantee that you get rooms next to each other. did you book oceanview cabins or inside ones? If booked oceanview rooms-- call and ask your agent if there is any other further upgrades. You got exactly what you paid for. I wonder if being ext to each other hurt your chances of being upgraded further. If the agent says no-- ask what it would take to book two direct cabins-- and see if you can get more midship

Being extreme aft--you could get some shuddering/vibrations when entering or leaving ports. Nothing extreme. long walk to the stairs/elevators but your hall should be quiet

I've tried to find some info on this cabin but haven't been very sucessful...Is anyone able to tell me about this cabin? It's an oceanview (porthole). I'm just worried about the fact that 2014 is a connecting cabin...will we still have a sofa in the room? Also, does anyone know what the big white space across from the cabin is? Thank you in advance for your help!!

Has anyone ever travelled on any ship in the front??? is this a good place to be or too much motion??? I was upgraded from deck 2 to here, any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Eva

I'm sure they're wonderful IF you don't have problems with motion sickness. I do (or I hope I can say "I did" since I started bonine + ginger and have had no problems on my past two cruises).

Was in R7 on Jubilee, my first cruise, and the motion woke me up at night, flipping me over in my bed. :(

Also felt quite a bit more motion on Elation in E52.

However, on Glory in May, we went out the "secret" doors to check out those front decks. Loved it out there, but there were no chairs, which seems silly to me. That cruise was the smoothest yet. Of course, it could've been that I just didn't notice the movement because of the drugs!

I do notice much more movement forward and higher.

But it you don't have problem with motion sickness, I would think those would be great cabins (especially if you could get chairs out there).

What's this about secret doors??? where do i find them?? you've obviously figured something out which I haven't.......

Hi, we liked our forward cabins we have had, on the victory, and there is benches to sit on on the front decks outside the "secret doors'.

What's this about secret doors??? where do i find them?? you've obviously figured something out which I haven't.......

look at the deck plans-- forward- there is a door on either side of the hall that will lead to the front area of the ship.

Very few people know that access is for the public.

2523361550062547426dCCJGH_th.jpg

its a nice area for people who are booked into cabins in the front of the ship-- to find they are docked on the wrong side of the port...they can head to the front and check it out.

deck 6, 7 and 9 (deck 8 has the bridge

Thank you so much for the information I will definitely make it a point to go and check it out. Hopefully people cannot look into the windows to the cabins and they have some kind of reflective glass on them. The picture you sent was great. Thanks again.

Ave

look at the deck plans-- forward- there is a door on either side of the hall that will lead to the front area of the ship.

Very few people know that access is for the public.

2523361550062547426dCCJGH_th.jpg

its a nice area for people who are booked into cabins in the front of the ship-- to find they are docked on the wrong side of the port...they can head to the front and check it out.

deck 6, 7 and 9 (deck 8 has the bridge

Have just read that cabin 1562 on Mariner of the seas was noisy. We are booked in to 1563 just over the corridor. Should we change or has anyone been in this cabin who can reassure us.

We are booked on the Carnival Spirit for Feb '09. We currently have rooms 5161 and 5163. It looks like we have one of the cabins that will be obstructed by one of the large life boats. Does anyone know for sure or have any pictures of what the obstruction would look like? This is our first cruise - 2 families together and we are wondering if it will be a big deal one way or the other. Thx.

We are booking one of these rooms and would love to have feedback and photos from you if you have been in it. Is the room bigger than side balcony rooms? The balcony looks bigger. Is it double the size of side balconies? Thanks alot.

Any advice on what to do about cabin #2385 on Conquest. Has anyone had this cabin? It appears to be under the galley. Cruise is two weeks out 9/14. Booked through Carnival. What would you do?:eek:

How ws the cabin booked? guaranantee or last minute?

what category did you book?

wont hurt you to call and ask your agent if you can be moved- Ask how much will it cost to go up another deck even.

Its an inside cabin for 4 people. you are closer to the entrance of the galley and not smack dab in the middle- you could get noise from rolling carts etc. Maybe invest in a portable sound machine- we got ours for 9.99 from target.

Is this your first cruise?

there is a lot of avaialbilty on that deck. (check for price drops too at this time)

You want to be as close to the aft elevators as possible for less travling for food and pools.

Serene56 - thanks for the reply. No this isn't my first cruise - I just wasn't paying attention this time - too much other life going on! We've done this itinerary several times so I opted for the inside to use the extra $ spa treatments. What is this portable sound machine you're talking about? How successful are people in getting upgrades at the port?