Renessaince by Pier. - pricey?

LSKC

we are switching our reservation the night before departure from the marriott north (30 minutes away) to probably the renessaince

what is the going rate for this room or do you have a link to this hotel site?

my TA was going to book it thru Princess and says it is approx $340+ tax for your basic room with 2 beds (family of 4 for one night...saturday nov 10th)

seems high but i am from Canada... and she says prices are much more in Ft Lauderdale.

just want to make sure this is a fair price and not a bunch more b/c we are bookign thru TA/Princess.

thx.

it depends what dates you are looking at..i was lucky enough to get this hotel through hotwire for march for $130 US all fees included! Since you are going in nov (which is far enough away) I would book a COMPLETELY REFUNDABLE hotel and keep looking every chance you get for a lesser price.

personally i dont believe most hotels are worth $340 plus taxes just to sleep for 1-2 nights.(especially in florida) but thats just me.

*sweet*

That does seem a little pricey. I did check the website directly and it is around $300 US per night. If you have a AAA card - it is $239 night.

I think you will be able to get a better deal - especially with it being hurricane season and all but overall, the prices in FLL have skyrocketed the past few years and the prices these hotels are getting are unbelievable IMO.

Many people use Priceline and Hotwire. Though with 4, you probably should get 2 rooms. I was able to get the Renaissance through Hotwire for $116 (US) night in December of this year so even at 2 rooms is cheaper then what you are paying.

Look over to the hotel section of this website for more information. See if you can have your TA hold the hotel and then cancel it around final payment. This will give you time to search around.

Right now on Hotwire - there is a 4 Star in Las Olas/DT area for your dates for $115 (plus taxes). This may be the Renaissance - if you post on the Hotel section of this website or here: http://betterbidding.com/ They will help to identify this hotel. This would be nonrefundable but is a whole lot less than what you are being quoted even by booking 2 rooms.

We are also staying there in May. We got a rate of $179 per night using our AAA discount. I am a member of mypoints so I have $175 in Marriott GC which we are going to use. When I picked this hotel I looked at not only the cost of the actual hotel but also the location and transportation costs. It seems to be close to a number of things - water taxis, sun trolley route, walgreens and eating options. I know a taxi ride can be expensive so we paid more for the room to cut down on transportation costs.

We are also staying there in May. We got a rate of $179 per night using our AAA discount. I am a member of mypoints so I have $175 in Marriott GC which we are going to use. When I picked this hotel I looked at not only the cost of the actual hotel but also the location and transportation costs. It seems to be close to a number of things - water taxis, sun trolley route, walgreens and eating options. I know a taxi ride can be expensive so we paid more for the room to cut down on transportation costs.

we are switching our reservation the night before departure from the marriott north (30 minutes away) to probably the renessaince

my TA was going to book it thru Princess and says it is approx $340+ tax for your basic room with 2 beds (family of 4 for one night...saturday nov 10th)

seems high but i am from Canada... and she says prices are much more in Ft Lauderdale.

just want to make sure this is a fair price and not a bunch more b/c we are bookign thru TA/Princess.

thx.

Expedia.ca shows it for 139-169 for that night.

Stayed 2 days pre-cruise last year and tried this year but we depart Feb 3rd and booked solid (Super Bowl)!!!

Was it worth it?

Positives:

- closest to port entrance

- great food nearby, walk

- walk to liquor store and grab beers

- Pharmacy right across the road

Negatives:

- musty from Hurricane Damage last year

- pool just so so but nice laying by pool listing to trucks and cars honking horns.:rolleyes:

- never ate there but beer very pricey at pool so bring your own

Do It Again:

Probably not as would book somewhere else cheaper for savings and a change and lots of info on this board for hotels.

Just saw post 139/169 GRAB IT! And then buy more beers to over come the traffic by pool, hahaha

when you book a hotel through the cruiselines dont they charge you per person and not per room??

another thing-- isnt there two renassance hotels..ones a 4 star place the other is 3 stars.

For the Presidents weekend it was almost 400 a night

I just went to http://www.marriott.com The regular rate at the Renaissance, for that date was $299. The senior rate was $254, and AAA was $239. Remember that a taxi from the Marriott North, to the pier is going to be close to $50, and the about the same from airport to hotel. Taxi from airport to Renaissance should be around $10, and less from there to the pier. Also, you can get four people in the taxi, but you may not get all the luggage in the trunk. A ride to Marriott North with everyone holding a suitcase might not be too comfortable.

thx.

Book it on your own, $8 taxi to the pier.

$189 standard rate, booked it through Priceline for $89. :)

with booking thru princess it includes pick up at the airport, driven to the hotel then the next morning shuttle to the pier. on disembarkment it includes shuttle to the airport. (this is if we book thru princess (and travel agent) at the marriott north).

i'm checking expedia.ca

any other canadian sites to check with canadian prices?

thanks for all your help. this board has been so so so helpful to us in our planning.

with booking thru princess it includes pick up at the airport, driven to the hotel then the next morning shuttle to the pier. on disembarkment it includes shuttle to the airport. (this is if we book thru princess (and travel agent) at the marriott north).

i'm checking expedia.ca

any other canadian sites to check with canadian prices?

thanks for all your help. this board has been so so so helpful to us in our planning.

Not worth the extra money booking it through Princes. :rolleyes:

Prices on Hotwire and Priceline will depend on what time of the year - Feb and March are not good deal months. Hotwire doesn't even show the Ren and I have bid up to $125 on Priceline with no takes. November prices are usually pretty good.

Ron

Prices on Hotwire and Priceline will depend on what time of the year - Feb and March are not good deal months. Hotwire doesn't even show the Ren and I have bid up to $125 on Priceline with no takes. November prices are usually pretty good.

Ron

I got it for $112 on Hotwire for March.:)

mollyanne

I'm staying at the Renassaince May 4 and 5, 2007. Could only get one night through Princess (Saturday) at $198, with transfers. Had to get Friday night myself, went through, priceline, expedia, etc... The best rate I could get was on Ren's website for $220/night. Stayed their last year and really liked it. Woke up the morning of our cruise and out our window the CB, it was a beautiful thing.

V:)

We stayed there last March. Frankly, I thought it was way overpriced, whatever price you are quoted. The rooms were not all that great. There is no view at all, except for the tops of an occasional ship. It is located on a busy throughfare, almost impossible to cross, in an industrial section of FLL., and there are few restaurants nearby. (Avoid the one across the parking lot called "Bravo" at all costs- vile!!) The hotel restaurant is way overpriced for the quality of the food. I found the hotel personnel very off-hand and not caring much about us or our problems. (The airline had lost our luggage). As for transfers, we could have done far better in a cab. The pier is only about 4-5 min. away. It certainly wouldn't have cost $50. Driving away in a cab, we saw much better options. I vaguely remember there being a Howard Johnsons, and several other chains.

We stayed there last March. Frankly, I thought it was way overpriced, whatever price you are quoted. The rooms were not all that great. There is no view at all, except for the tops of an occasional ship. It is located on a busy throughfare, almost impossible to cross, in an industrial section of FLL., and there are few restaurants nearby. (Avoid the one across the parking lot called "Bravo" at all costs- vile!!) The hotel restaurant is way overpriced for the quality of the food. I found the hotel personnel very off-hand and not caring much about us or our problems. (The airline had lost our luggage). As for transfers, we could have done far better in a cab. The pier is only about 4-5 min. away. It certainly wouldn't have cost $50. Driving away in a cab, we saw much better options. I vaguely remember there being a Howard Johnsons, and several other chains.

I found the breakfast at the Ren to be a bargain and very good - Bravo's was an epicurean Italian delight - prices are not extreme and the food is excellent quality. Sorry 'bout that. There is a traffic light just a short walk east where you can cross in safety. A cab to the port is $10 including tip. As fat as ther airlines losing your luggage, you can't blame that on the hotel!

Ron

Gee -AAA rates it four stars. But what do they know?

Maybe you were in a different town? The 17th St Renaissance is not an industrial area. It is hotels, shops, restaurants and private docks.

thx.

Ah Ha! I see you starte a new thread, and decided to relocate. Good decision. :)

The Ren is pricey. I'm getting a $239/nite AAA rate ($299 standard) for your date.

You might go with what others have suggested and try priceline or hotwire or whatever. I've never used those discount sites because I can usually get a military/government rate, just looked and it's $94/nite:) for your date. If you've never used the on line sites be aware, there's usually no refund if you have to cancel.

Here's the hotel's web site:

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLBR

Archived