Taking WINE on Ship

UBinfwa

We plan on bringing wine/champaign on the CB next month. My question is: would it be better to send it on board with our luggage...(packed in a box with a luggage tag) or to carry it on board with our carry-on luggage? If we give it to the porters what are the chances of breakage? Will it arrive safely? any experiences with this?We'll also be bringing some vodka and rum on board. (there are 5 adults in our party). Can we pack that with the wine or should we put it in our luggage? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me. Happy cruising all.

I would like to know the best way to transport btls of wine while flying too. Last year, we took 5 in our carry on luggage. It was no problem at all bringing them on the Sapphire. We do enjoy a couple of glasses on the balcony prior to dinner and want to take take 3 reds and 2 whites from dfw to sju next Jan. Suggestions please...

We took wine and champagne, about 5 bottles total and put them in a carry on bag for boarding the ship. We had purchased them in FLL rather than trying to bring them on the plane from home. Haven't tried to bring liquor since Princess says only Wine or Champagne are permitted to be carried on. Although I have read many postings of people carrying on everything.

You will definitely not be able to bring any type of liquid, alcohol or other, on carry-on luggage on a plane anymore. That went out after last year's attemted coup in London (July 2006). Seems it doesn't matter much for cruise lines...carry-on or checked are both OK.

I would like to know the best way to transport btls of wine while flying too. Last year, we took 5 in our carry on luggage. It was no problem at all bringing them on the Sapphire. We do enjoy a couple of glasses on the balcony prior to dinner and want to take take 3 reds and 2 whites from dfw to sju next Jan. Suggestions please...

Those days are gone unless you purchase from the secure duty free area at the airport. :)

• 1 month later...
Hey, any prohibitions about doing the same during Movies Under The Stars? (Any wine conoisseurs know what goes best with popcorn?? j/k!)

Dry over sweet, red over white, heavy tannins.

Archived