E-Doc for cruise (I think??)

airlink diva

This afternoon I received my documents? for my upoming cruise from HAL via my TA. I work for an airline and in addition to a letter that I have to present when checking in, the normal legal contact info is also in this e-document. My room number is not assigned yet and I guess that I need to pick up my luggage tags at the dock.

Have anyone else ever hd e-documents in this nature.

Did you book through one of those special rates available to airline employees? I forget the term---interline, maybe?

If so, that may explain why you don't have the full package of documents that we are all used to. I've received documents as recently as a few weeks ago for a 1/6 sailing and they were sent in the customary fashion.

Unless you are maybe on a very close in cruise? That may be a different procedure...but, everyone else seems to get a blue folder with all your documents and tags. After several HAL cruises, I have never had anything but that...and about one month prior to the cruise. Check with your TA is my suggestion.

airlink diva - I also work for an airline, and my TA mentioned that my documents would be e-documents, but I haven't got them yet. :)

Yes I work for an airline and thinking back, my TA mentioned e-documents and stress the importance of having my employee id with me. I'm just wondering if HAL will just mail luggage tags since the e-doc have all the info like the paper documents (I still have all my old contracts from other cruises)

airlink diva - I didn't think of the luggage tag problem, I'll have to email my TA and ask about that. In the past I have cruised with other companies and always had paper tickets, tags etc mailed to me.

What date is your cruise? Mine is 3/10, so I'm hopping to get the e-docs and my cabin number soon. :)

airlink diva - I didn't think of the luggage tag problem, I'll have to email my TA and ask about that. In the past I have cruised with other companies and always had paper tickets, tags etc mailed to me.

What date is your cruise? Mine is 3/10, so I'm hopping to get the e-docs and my cabin number soon. :)

My cruise is April 4, 2007. But no cabin number. Frankly I'm glad to be on a "DAM" ship :D :D

I've never had E-docs for a HAL cruise, but I've had them twice for Celebrity cruises. Whenever possible, Celebrity issues E-docs.

From what I've heard and read, eventually everyone will be getting E-docs no matter what cruise line you're on. Maybe HAL is starting out with airline employees as a test market or something, but it's the wave of the future much like airline tickets.

Personally I loved it. I was able to save the docs to file and printed out a couple of copies. I had one on me and one in my bag. I folded them nicely and placed them in my nice HAL doc holder and I was on my way! I also got them a lot sooner than those getting snail mail docs.

The way I see it? Whatever gets me on the ship is okay with me!:D

Hello everyone, I'm just getting a chance at going online (due to the crazy weather, working about 14 hours a day).

I e-mail my TA concerning th e-documents for my upcoming cruise. I received a good rate using an interline TA.

I received my e-documents for my April cruise last week.

I question my TA on two items: 1. Will HAL send me any additional cruise documents via mail and 2. Will they mail me my luggage tags.

My TA e-mailed me back explaining the HAL is using the e-documents for the cruise paperwork when possible. As for my luggage tags, they will not mail any to me, but I need to pick them up at port.

I don't know if everyone who presented an e-mail will receive their cruise documents this way, but I can say that this is the fastest I ever received my cruise paperwork. Only downer is doing my tags at the dock. Right now, no room assigned, but I will check on HAL website as the date gets approaches.

Just wanted to pass this info along.

Thanks for the update airlink diva. I have just emailed my TA to ask when I will be getting my E-docs (it might even be the same interline TA!)

I will also need to pick up my luggage tags at the pier, I'll let you know how that works out, as I am going before you. :)

I keep checking the HAL website every day hoping for a cabin assignment soon :D

Thanks for the update airlink diva. I have just emailed my TA to ask when I will be getting my E-docs (it might even be the same interline TA!)

I will also need to pick up my luggage tags at the pier, I'll let you know how that works out, as I am going before you. :)

I keep checking the HAL website every day hoping for a cabin assignment soon :D

Thanks!! I'm doing the same thing,checking to see what cabin I get. I always lucked out with a cabin in the middle of the ship, I hope that my luck is still going strong!!

I don't mind getting to the port early, it only mean that I'm starting my cruise earlier!!

Archived