best side to see the statue leaving NY harbor

mamaofami

Figuring that the Crow's Nest will be full, where is the best place to see the statue as you leave NY Harbor? :)

Would the Lido work?

And is she on the port or starboard side? About how long out of NY Harbor to see her?

THANKS!

As you are leaving NY Harbor, the Statue of Liberty will be on the starboard side of the ship.

Viewing locales

Crow's Nest

Lido will work, either restaurant, or midship pool area.

Stateroom Balcony (if you have one)

If you happen to catch decent weather, any outer deck such as promenade, aft pool, observation deck 10

I believe the timing is about 45 minutes from the time you pull away from the dock.

Figuring that the Crow's Nest will be full, where is the best place to see the statue as you leave NY Harbor? :)

Would the Lido work?

And is she on the port or starboard side? About how long out of NY Harbor to see her?

THANKS!

mamaofami,

If we leave on time, that should put it at about 5:30. Crow's Nest, Lido, or Lido Pool area.

Innlady

As you pull away from the pier and sail down the Hudson, the magnificent NYC skyline will be on portside. If you leave on time, the setting sun should be hitting all the skyscrapers.

When you reach the southern tip of Manhattan, go over to starboard and you won't miss Lady Liberty who sits out in the harbor.

They are both beautiful sights to see.

If it's not too cold, I'd also recommend being up on the top deck as you sail under the Verranzano Bridge. It's really fun on the larger ships when you swear you're not going to clear the bridge. In fact, the QM2 can only only sail in and out of NY harbor at low tide.

Being a NJ resident, I've sailed out of NYC many times on several ships and the experience never gets old. I'll be doing it again on the Noordam on 3/10.

Being a NJ resident, I've sailed out of NYC many times on several ships and the experience never gets old. I'll be doing it again on the Noordam on 3/10.

booklady, don't forget to stop by and check in on the roll call for your sailing. We have over 80 signed up, and have a Meet & Greet scheduled!

booklady, don't forget to stop by and check in on the roll call for your sailing. We have over 80 signed up, and have a Meet & Greet scheduled!

10:30am in the Crow's Nest on Sunday, right?

We'll be there!

Barbara & Joe

The Statue of Liberty, one of France's great gifts to the United States, is a personal favourite with me. I was 24 when I finally saw it in person for the first time, a beacon of light and hope for millions upon millions of immigrants from the old world to the new world. I haven't yet sailed out of New Jersey or New York but when I do, she will be the first thing I look for. :)

I'm a New Yorker, and will still be awed to sail by her. What a beautiful and meanigful lady!:)

And how lucky we are to be able to board a ship and head out anywhere we want. Imagine what she meant to thousands of immigrants ? Gives me goose bumps!

Where are you leaving from? If Bayonne, she will be on the port side. If Manhattan she will be on starboard side (in front of you as you enter the harbor).

HAL doesnt' sail from Bayonne - only from Manhattan.

RCCL and X use Bayonne...

The Statue of Liberty, one of France's great gifts to the United States, :)

What else could the French do with it? The Suez Canal Company didn't want it!:eek:

I agree with you, an arrival in New York Harbour for the first time.... or at any time... is spectacular and the Statue of Liberty is definitely the star attraction. My first arrival was in 1967 aboard Cunard's FRANCONIA. Pure magic!

Stephen

What else could the French do with it? The Suez Canal Company didn't want it!:eek:

I agree with you, an arrival in New York Harbour for the first time.... or at any time... is spectacular and the Statue of Liberty is definitely the star attraction. My first arrival was in 1967 aboard Cunard's FRANCONIA. Pure magic!

Stephen

I can still recall the sight, sailing out of New York on the Ocean Monarch in 1964....even as a college students during a college week cruise to Bermuda, we were awestruck.

I can still recall the sight, sailing out of New York on the Ocean Monarch in 1964....even as a college students during a college week cruise to Bermuda, we were awestruck.

Was the Ocean Monarch really eons ago, I remeber her so well :-(

Stephen might make it in 40 years to see if the tux has survived, I don't think I will...

Archived