RCL stock sinks (per market watch headline)

Stock Cop

RCL has finally admitted drydocking costs(I.e. Pod problems) are hurting the bottom line. The RCL stock today is down $2.28 (5%) at $43.56

The marketwatch article does not specifically address pod problems, but they do mention dry-docking expenses.

Just FYI. see the article at CBS marketwatch. dot com

Rich:cool: :cool: :cool:

OMG! Sell Sell!

FWIW I dont think the OP's assesment and interpretation of the news on RCL is accurate.

Read the whole story, including the part about the 'wave season', and the overall decline in the Carribean market, compared to other markets like Alaska ...

And I agree with Phil, the reference to timing of drydocks decreased costs

Silly disclaimer:

This is neither on offer to sell nor an offer to buy . Investments carry risk yadda yadda, consult your financial advisor before making an investment decision etc etc.

I read the story. Read between the lines...why would drydocking expenses, especially many dry-docks for pod repairs lower costs? (Unless Rolls Royce is picking up the dry-dock fees)

This is not the last time you will see this news, stay tuned.

Of course the shipboard credits are nice but they are not relevant (yet) to the stock price.

PS: I am still holding my stock-- holding out for mega-insurance settlement ???

Rich :cool:

Perhaps the roll back of the millions they were expecting from their Horizon whirl-pool suit hurt.

A New York judge on Thursday slashed to $10 million a $193 million jury verdict awarded to Celebrity Cruises in a case involving an outbreak of Legionnaire's disease. In May, a jury ordered a water filter manufacturer to pay the higher amount to Celebrity, which alleged that it lost business after the outbreak on the Horizon in 1994. Celebrity sued Essef Corp., which was acquired by Pentair Inc. in 1999, and two other companies, charging that a defective water filter in a hot tub contributed to the outbreak.

I wish Carnival stock would tank. I own RCl and get a nice shareholder discount when I cruise. I have been watching CCL for a few months trying to decide when to buy shares so I can get a shareholder discount on their group of ships.

But CCL is about $51 today and had a 52 week low of $36.40. Their 52 week high is $53.98. I just have to keep tracking it for a while. My next HAL cruise is in September.

I read the story. Read between the lines...why would drydocking expenses, especially many dry-docks for pod repairs lower costs? (Unless Rolls Royce is picking up the dry-dock fees)

This is not the last time you will see this news, stay tuned.

Of course the shipboard credits are nice but they are not relevant (yet) to the stock price.

PS: I am still holding my stock-- holding out for mega-insurance settlement ???

Rich :cool:

You start a thread entitled RCL stock sinks, that they have admitted for the first time that dry dock (ie pod problems) have hurt the bottom line even though it doesn't say that at all and then you go on to state that you have read this between the lines. Remind me never to take any share tips from you;)

Phil

Remind me never to take any share tips from you;)

Phil

Hey Phil, how are you. We are recently back from Constellation. Great trip, but we didn't have any Amigos to hang with.

I think it's not a big leap to read between the lines of the OP's post and guess at the original intent.

Any doubts? Look HERE:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=8773099#post8773099

I don't think I have an agenda with Celebrity. I just got off a wonderful trip on Century on Feb first.

take a look here: http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=rcl&sid=0&o_symb=rcl&x=26&y=14

Don't you think the pod problems and the wholesale compensation paid to disappointed passengers translates to the bottom line?

The bean counters can hide the numbers only so long.

I am not advocating anyone sell their RCL stock and did not intend to imply that... just pay attention to what happened to the stock after a favorable report was distributed.

Rich

Let's see...I bought my stock at a little over $34. a share, just got off the Galaxy with a $200. credit, will get $200. in July on Millenium and another $250. next Jan. on Mercury in NZ/Australia...is it really a concern with the current price of the stock today??? Not to me....I think I'm way ahead of the game for sure!

we bought our 100 shares yrs. ago. it was in the low $20 range. since we bought we had a return so far of $3200 on board shareholders credit. sounds to me that no matter what it closes at, buying it is a sure think if you cruise on rcl alot.. Phish Tales :) :) :)

You need 100 shares to qualify for the credit.

The credit varies by length of cruise.

There is another thread with the contact information.

This is a great benefit if you cruise enough---beats the heck out of the regular stock dividend that non-cruisers receive.

Rich :cool: :cool:

Here are the credit amounts based on the cruise length

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Archived