Anyone Used Air Trans Airline ?

belder

Hello! Was wondering if anyone has had any problems using Air Trans to get to Orlando? Especially using their lowest fare option, which only assigns seats at check-in. Have you always gotten a seat? We will be flying in during the Christmas holidays and since that is a crazy travel time, we cant afford to get bumped and miss our cruise! However,having to purchase tix for a family of 5, we could save big by using this option. Thanks for all the help we receive on these boards!:D

Yes ... use them quite frequently... In Atlanta Delta has gone downhill so I started using Air Tran 4 yrs ago.

You get your seat at time of on line check in. 24 hrs before departure... Never got bumped involuntarily.

Volunteered one Xmas to get bumped. Hubby and I got 2 RT tickets each:D No prob since we don't have kids and were on our way to Vegas.

CuriousCat

We also love Air Tran...when it's a choice. we always choose them. You can sign in 24 hours in advance...never had trouble having seats to choose from. In fact at the 24 hour mark, I think I was the only one choosing seats. I even got online on board ship to choose my seats 24 hrs ahead...we got to the airport plenty early that they put us on an earlier flight. So paying for internet to choose our seats was a waste of money...but I also like the confirmation that I have seats.

You will like AirTran...very friendly service!

We also love Air Tran...when it's a choice, we always choose them. You can sign in 24 hours in advance...never had trouble having seats to choose from. In fact at the 24 hour mark, I think I was the only one choosing seats. I even got online on board ship to choose my seats 24 hrs ahead...we got to the airport plenty early that they put us on an earlier flight. So paying for internet to choose our seats was a waste of money...but I also like the confirmation that I have seats.

You will like AirTran...very friendly service!

I've used AirTran and they seem just fine. If everyone absolutely has to have seats together, then you will have to pay more to reserve them now. If not, just check-in early online, try to get the seats you want, and save a wad of cash. Even without assigned seats, you are still ticketed for the flight.

PS ... you might find more info about AirTran in the Cruise Air forum.

My husband and I use them quite frequently. They pull away from the gate on time, and we've always landed a few minutes early.

The pilots and attendants have a sense of humor, as well as being always courteous. I'll fly them whenever I'm able.

I fly into Florida about ever 3 weeks during the winter.....very rarely a problem, maybe 15 minutes late in or out of Atlanta but other than that I can't beat the $59-89 each way between Pit & FLL. Usually I can upgrade to business class at the airport for around $35.00......which is nice when I take the last flight out & land in Pit at 12:45 in the morning & have an hour drive home. No complaints about Airtran.

Wendy

I fly Airtran to Chicago from Sarasota about every 3 months. I have never had a problem, and always get a seat using the lowest fare option. They don't over book that option.

Friendly service, always on time..nice planes ! You will love them. I upgrade to business class quite frequently as well for a reasonable price the day of the flight when I check in. If business class isn't available...ask for the exit row if you are able...and it's great !

We will be flying Air Tran for the first time this Saturday from Buffalo to Orlando. I plan to do the online check in 24 hrs prior to pick our seat. It won't be horrible if we can't sit together, although it would be preferred. I can post a review when I get back.

Archived