Where is the BEST BEACH for the day

rucruizin

Mlylky.

We went to Friers beach last week and loved it. Where did you walk to that was a 10 min walk to other side. Is there a path? If we ever go back we will definatelly go back to Friers beach.The water taxi was a fun way to get there.We were the only ones there for about a hour till a few started getting dropped of by taxi.

Cindy

We are going to be in St. Kitts during spring break and based on what we have seen we would love to go to Nevis. It would be great if we could go horseback riding on the beach with dd - she loves horses! Does anyone have the ferry information? I saw what was posted but not sure if that was the only trips during the day? We are in port from 8:00 - 3:00. Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in St. Kitts 2/13. Took cab to Frigate Bay because of positive comments read. This beach was nothing to write home about. Found it to be dirty and the sand very "black" contrary to what we had read. Not impressed, better beaches in the states!

I was lucky enough to go to all of these locations on a smaller boat (not a cruise ship). I also had my daughter with me who was only 1 1/2 at the ti,e. I am going on this same intinary in 2 weeks (woo hoo).

We have pics as follows:

Page 1-4 Anguilla

Page 4-8 St Maarten

Page 8-9 St Barts

Page 10-18 St Kitts (amazing fort pictures)

Page 18-24 Nevis

Page 24 on: St Maarten (including Orient beach)

http://family.webshots.com/album/549571333UNZaam?vhost=family

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Do any of the beaches, South Frigate, Cockleshell etc. have shade such as trees or palapas? I have heard that the place where the Atlantic and the Carribbean meet is supposed to be gorgeous. Is Cockleshell near this or is it further?

Frigate Bay has a number of beach bars, bathrooms, chairs & umbrellas ($10 for two chairs and an umbrella). Dave's water sports has jet skis, snorkeling equipment and Hobi cats for rental. Taxi fare is $10 one way from the port for up to 4 people- $2.50 per person over 4 people. So 4 people to Frigate Bay round trip would be $20. Water taxi is $10 per person round trip so 4 people on water taxi would be $40.

Turtle Beach is under construction still. Cockleshell Beach has Reggae Beach Bar on one end and Lion Rock Beach Bar on the other - if you like fewer people and quieter atmosphere try Lion Rock. Taxi fare is $26 one way for up to 4 people - $6.50 per person over 4 - so round trip for 4 would be $52.

The place where the Atlantic and the Caribbean meet isn't really a populated beach - it is a scenic spot you see on and island tour in Dieppe Bay on the Northwest end of the island in the opposite direction from the beaches named above on the Southeast end of the island.

We got off the ship and booked Raggae Beach Tour at the pier. Mother & son wonderful people. $30 round trip for 2 people + beach chair rental $10 with umbrella. Loved it! Cheaper than other islands.

I read somewhere that you would be able to see monkies at Turtle Beach. Are there any monkies on Cockleshell Beach?

Hi aeronan.

I was just reading our cruise thread and didn't realize you were doing a B2B. That even makes it more amazing that you were able to organize the listing of excursions for our May 11 cruise. Thanks again:D

In regard to the monkeys, Thenford Grey (Grey's Island Excursions) has a tour and guarantees green monkey sightings on its Capital & Beach Splash excursion to Cockleshell beach.

Hope this helps and I look forward to chatting with you again soon as we get closer to our trip:)

We had heard taxi fares were high so we were happy to see the sign at the pier for Reggae Beach at Cockleshell. It was right off the ship where all the tours were meeting. There was a booth and several tours available. She held up a sign for Reggae Beach Tour. We paid $30 round trip for two, it was just the two of us in the van. Her son Scott drove us and stopped for a "snap" at scenic places a long the way. We did see monkeys and lots of wild goats. He dropped us off at the beach and we arranged when we would like to return. You pay for beach chairs separate, they have a bar and drinks and reggae music was playing. Scott was there in plenty of time for our return as arranged. He was very polite and friendly. There is good snorkeling over by the rocks. Its a long quiet beach and I could swim quite a ways along the shore, my DH got his run in there also. We saw a sting ray jump out of the water a couple times. Much of the bottom is grass but interesting.

The ship had a tour to this very beach. Its a dry area with mesquite trees and not developed. (yet). We loved it!

I really like the idea of that! No hassles..... 30 bucks, and you're there! I like the idea of having a friendly driver and a planned return. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Tell me... was the beach mobbed?

Did you venture over to LION'S BEACH BAR?

We had heard taxi fares were high so we were happy to see the sign at the pier for Reggae Beach at Cockleshell. It was right off the ship where all the tours were meeting. There was a booth and several tours available. She held up a sign for Reggae Beach Tour. We paid $30 round trip for two, it was just the two of us in the van. Her son Scott drove us and stopped for a "snap" at scenic places a long the way. We did see monkeys and lots of wild goats. He dropped us off at the beach and we arranged when we would like to return. You pay for beach chairs separate, they have a bar and drinks and reggae music was playing. Scott was there in plenty of time for our return as arranged. He was very polite and friendly. There is good snorkeling over by the rocks. Its a long quiet beach and I could swim quite a ways along the shore, my DH got his run in there also. We saw a sting ray jump out of the water a couple times. Much of the bottom is grass but interesting.

The ship had a tour to this very beach. Its a dry area with mesquite trees and not developed. (yet). We loved it!

Is there a way to book with them in advance????

We just returned from our cruise with a stop at Cockleshell beach. There's no need to prereserve this as the taxi's are numerous when you exit the cruise area. The price is the same $6.50 per person each way.

Just let the taxi driver know what time you want to be picked up and he will be there.

All of the lounge chairs at Reggae Beach bar filled up quickly, but it wasn't a zoo. The music from the bar fills the air and the snorkeling isn't too bad, but you have to swim out to the left and go along the rocks to see much marine life. On a scale of 1 to 10 for snorkeling, I'd give it a 5. It just warms you up for better things to come in Bonaire! lol!

We didn't walk down the beach to the Lion's bar, but it did look less populated than where we were. Hope you enjoy your day in St Kitts.:)

Archived