2 Part Question

shadbrew

We are at Platinum level. (1) What is the fastest way to get to Diamond Level...and (2) what is the best discount travel company to book a cruise through? Found out our TA was not giving us the best deal, nor did she watch for the prices to drop.

We are at Platinum level. (1) What is the fastest way to get to Diamond Level...and (2) what is the best discount travel company to book a cruise through? Found out our TA was not giving us the best deal, nor did she watch for the prices to drop.

(1) Take more short cruises

(2) RCCL does not allow TAs to discount. Your best deal is to book onboard and reap the onboard booking credit and then follow the price changes yourself. A little bit of work, sure. But well worth it!

The fastest way is to book suites (2 credits) and 12 day cruise (1) so you will get 3 credits per cruise or book a 3 day/4day back to back in a js or above and you will get 4 credits for 7 days.

Rccl does not allow discounts to travel agents so everyone will be the same unless the TA is holding group space. I check for my own price drops everyday.

How and where do you check for these price drops? Good idea about the back-to-back 3 & 4 day cruises!!

Use Royal Caribbean's website. Go through the process of accessing your cruise, then do the steps of booking. If the price is less for your category than you paid, call your TA/RC and get the lower price.

Booking Majesty 3 night and Majesty 4 night back to back in a Junior Suite will give you 4 cruise credits in one week. The people operating the glass bottom boat at CocoCay said they were going to offer me citizenship in the Bahamas soon, as much as I have been there over the last few years.

It's definitely worth being a Diamond member on the longer cruises for access to the Concierge (free drinks, etc.)

Happy Cruising!

How expensive, though?

My guess is that ten 3 or 4 night cruises in an inside cabin would be much more cost effective.

You really have to compare prices. Sometimes a junior suite on a 7 day or longer cruise may cost less. And if you are in a JS on three 12 night cruises you will be one cruise credit away from making Diamond. While the diamond perks are nice, I wouldn't bankrupt myself taking cruises just to achieve a particular C&A level.:rolleyes:

Archived