what is your favorite food to order for room service to enjoy on the balcony?

motherchic

OK... I need a "daydream perk"

I am trying to get over pneumonia before my cruise on the Summit come this 17th.

This will be our first CC aft balcony and i am truly looking forward to enjoying breakfast and maybe other foods while sitting on the balcony.

PLEASE share your favorites with me.

...so i can day dream about warm sun, and good food while i sit here surrounded by snow- tissues and antibiotics

Thanks

Nadine

If you dont want to share...just say hi..... I am bored

Nadine I can sympathize having had pneumonia after Thanksgiving. It takes much longer than people realize to fully recuperate. My favorite food for the balcony is a nice cheese and fruit plate with a bottle of wine to share with my husband.

Motherchic -

Hope u r feeling better soon.

I am sitting at home in the UK wrapped up in a blanket watching the snow come down... also day dreaming about our cruise!!

We are going on our 1st ever cruise around Hawaii on March 17th and I am looking forward to breakfast on the balcony - I can barely wait!!! LOL

sorry, forgot to add... are we on the same cruise?

Unfortunately no, we are sailing on the 17th of February.

Soooo i need to get better real quick.You look forward to this cruise for sooo long i would just hate not to be at my best.

Hope you aheva great cruise

Nadine

Nadine: I hope you feel better soon! Enjoy your trip -- I love having cheese/crackers on the balconey after the hot tub and before dinner! You know my schedule. Charlie and I are leaving for Beijing for two weeks on Saturday where it will be cold -- brrrr. Give our love to Bev. -- linda

By far our favorite thing on the balcony is Coffee in the morning. I know that doesn't sound glamorous, but being able to sit out there as we're getting up and getting ready for the day is just wonderful for us.

We also equally enjoy breakfast on days we have early excursions, or other plans, in port. On those days we use the room service cards the night before and wake up to breakfast. On other days we seldom eat breakfast there as we prefer sleep in, and then wait a while until the coffee sets in before dining. And then usually find it more convenient to go to the cafe for a fresh breakfast.

We used to enjoy a pre-dinner drink & snack on the balcony too. But on recent cruises have preferred the Martini bar, where we can socialize with some of our fellow cruisers.

Get better real quick. A must have on that CC balcony is breakfast. There is a special menu for CC in the blue book that is in the room. I love the granola parfait and the omelets are good also. Your steward will set up your table outside with a tablecloth and put a vase with an orchid on it. It is great on a sea day when you don't have to rush anywhere. In the afternoon a drink and a good book is also great on that balcony. Enjoy. Pat

Nadine - here's to a swift recovery so you can enjoy your cruise next week....after all, your fellow posters here at CC are all pulling for you, so that has to count for something! ;)

My DH and I are cruising this summer to Alaska..first time up north, first time with Celebrity, first balcony, and it is a CC cabin to boot!

Happy-happy-joy-joy! :p

Looking forward to coffee on the balcony, breathing in that salty air, and starting my day out looking over the sea. We also plan on having dinner on the balcony one night, just the two of us. Should be quite romantic, especially as the sun sets quite late. (sigh)

Hang in there, and enjoy your cruise. Be sure to come back and let us know how it went!

Thank you all!

Hi Linda! Say hello to your Charlie. Bev had a special fondness for your Dh.

Beijing, huh? AWESOME. My Dh has been there a number of times but I havnt. Though I have loved Bangkock, Singapore and Hong Kong. The first being my most favorite. Hope you have an experience of a lifetime. Is this trip for all fun or some business?

I will pass your hello to Bev.

Nadine

What about a little soiree with your cruise critics new found friends, you, Bev, Jan and Bob and us two????? ANd the others, sorry cant remember all the names.

With a nice bottle or two or three of champers......... and maybe some strawberries????

Watching the sun set and just enjoying the company?

So sorry to hear about you being sick before your cruise!:eek: Plenty of time to get well. Rest, hot drinks, a good sucking candy and plenty of water! Not to metion 14 boxes of tissues and 14 pillow case changes!!

Al and I leave tomorrow for our cruise on Sunday. You know how much we loved the aft balcony on the Constellation. You will love it.

And for us on the balcony it is breakfast with those wonderful peeled and sectioned oranges!! The day after we came home that is all I talked about and Al made breakfast the next day and lo and behold peeled and secitoned oranges for breakfast! He said he will never take that job for granted ever again.

I know that you will be feeling better before the 17th. Lots of rest.

Let us know how you are doing before you leave.

We will be home on the 19th.

Hugs, Carol and Al (Cruiserone) past cruising partners on the Constellation:D

Oh Sounds excellent Josie! I love when you use the expression"champers" !!!!

Carol and Al have a wonderful cruise. I hope you have some wonderful new friends to meet from your roll call. Keith and I so enjoyed all our group. Always ,makes you realize how small the world truely is and how many nice people there are in this world

Nade

Another Breakfast of the Verandah lover.

Breakfast - Eggs Benedict ( it may not be on the menu, but you can write it in) with OJ, Coffee and a bowl of bananas and creme.

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions on this thread! We're going on the Century in April in a CC class stateroom and hoping to enjoy several meals on the balcony. I'm excited to hear you can get things not on the menu. Eggs Benedict, yum!

Does anyone know of anything else not on the menu that you can write in? Chipped-beef gravy over toast, perhaps (my wife's favorite breakfast)?

Alan.

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions on this thread! We're going on the Century in April in a CC class stateroom and hoping to enjoy several meals on the balcony. I'm excited to hear you can get things not on the menu. Eggs Benedict, yum!

Does anyone know of anything else not on the menu that you can write in? Chipped-beef gravy over toast, perhaps (my wife's favorite breakfast)?

Alan.

Alan, It doesn't hurt to ask for what ever you want. Write it in. If they can't do it, they'll let you know.

One thing is certain, If you don't ask, you won't get it.

OK... I need a "daydream perk"

I am trying to get over pneumonia before my cruise on the Summit come this 17th.

If you dont want to share...just say hi..... I am bored

Hi Nadine! I had pneumonia once and I know how much it takes out of you!! Get well soon!

Although we've had balconies quite a few times, we've never ordered room service, so I don't have any suggestions there....(we did drink some wine out there though :D and watched some beautiful sunsets in different parts of the world and saw flying fish, dolphins, whales and seals frolicking).

I just want to say GET WELL SOON and have a Wonderful Cruise!

We order 3 glasses of orange juice from room service each day. Then we mix the orange juice with the Champagne we bring on board. Nothing like a mimosa or two each day on our balcony.:D

The Champagne mimosa is a classic drink for fun breakfasts.

1oz Orange Juice

3oz Champagne

In a tall flute glass, pour first the Orange Juice, then the Champagne. The Champagne with its alcohol is thicker and will mix down into the OJ. Do not stir - you'll lose the bubbles! :) :) :)

We order 2 glasses of orange juice each day to make mimosas with the Champagne we bring on board. Nothing like a mimosa on the balcony to start a cruise day.:D Our cabin attendant somehow always knows we need 2 Champagne glasses and brings them right away.

1oz Orange Juice

3oz Champagne In a tall flute glass, pour first the Orange Juice, then the Champagne. The Champagne with its alcohol is thicker and will mix down into the OJ. Do not stir - you'll lose the bubbles! :)

Archived