What do they have that you wish RCCL had?

flagger

- Mustering in public rooms

- an ironing facility on each floor

- a wine policy that allows you to bring your own and pay a corkage

- a decent cup of coffee without paying extra

- a dining room open for lunch every day (hate buffets personally)

- a true adults only pool, not a sometimes one

- an adults only restaurant or floor in the dining room

- a dress code

I just saw this thread for the first time today and must say that it is very informative!

Not everyone who peruses this website has sailed on all of the different lines and this thread serves not only as a wish list for seasoned cruisers but valuable comparisons of RCCL to the other lines! So while negc kept trying to turn it into another negative thread on this forum, I applaud everyone for keeping it very informative, fun, and nice. :D

I just saw this thread for the first time today and must say that it is very informative!

Not everyone who peruses this website has sailed on all of the different lines and this thread serves not only as a wish list for seasoned cruisers but valuable comparisons of RCCL to the other lines! So while negc kept trying to turn it into another negative thread on this forum, I applaud everyone for keeping it very informative, fun, and nice. :D

Actually, he is right. Mustered indoors on the Jewel in December but I had an uneasy feeling about sitting on a sofa during the instructions (my Mom fell asleep with her head resting on her life jacket), so we went to our lifeboat afterwards to see where it was. Anytime dining on the Grand Princess didn't work for us. It's a great concept and works sometimes on some ships, but not all the time. That's easy to figure out by reading the same complaints over and over. The Next Cruise program sounds great and I will definitely be using it. The courtyard villas on NCL also sound like a great idea - charging a premium for cabins like those might bring prices down for everyone else. I would like to see 10-day Southern Caribbean cruises from Florida (or Galveston!)

Wheather he was right or wrong was not the point of my post. This thread stayed on topic without dissenagrating into an argument which I found refreshing. :) I was also pointing out the unintended usefull benefit that this thread provides.

I have not sailed on many of the cruise lines that have been discussed and found this to be one stop shopping! :D

Self laundry service, INCLUING IRONS, (that auto shut off).

24 hour food court.

Ability to purchase bottles of alcohol (legally) for in cabin use.

A better future cruise program, like Princess.

Instead of cruise credits for # of cruises, there should be # of days at sea credits. And paid catagory of cabin should factor in as well.

Good points! I agree with the Self-service laundry. i was surprised that Voyager class ships had no facilities to do your own.

As for the future cruise program, it was so difficult to make arrangements to book a future cruise onboard. Then they made "special arrangements" for us to meet, and were pressuring us to book! I liked the future booking desk on Princess much better.

I also agree with your suggestion on the cruise credits.

-Cruising Greek

What argument? :confused:

Everyone has an opinion, some shared and some not. He has the right to state his, as we all do. I happen to agree that it's nice that the lines are a little bit different, otherwise it would be hard to choose. Experiencing anytime dining on Princess made me realize that I wouldn't sail with them again if I couldn't be guaranteed traditional dining. The pluses that might make me choose Princess over another line wouldn't make up for that (for me). Others might feel the same way. That's what these boards are about. The Tahitian Princess has traditional only and I'm looking forward to experiencing that on a small ship and replacing not-so-good memories on the Grand with good ones on the Tahitian. Happy sailing!

Sorry if you think I was being negative, but it wasn't my intent. Only wanted to point out that some things which seem great at first glance can turn out less than great if they are not implemented properly. IMHO that is the case with personal choice dining and MUTS. I applauded when I first read that they were being introduced but since have had second thoughts after reading about some of the downside to these concepts. If someone can fix those problems, both would be interesting additions to RCI or other lines. As I said, the devil is in the details.:)

Anytime dining is a nice option. Many have mentioned to muster inside like Princess does. Yes, it is more comfortable, but on RCCL you actually Muster where your station is and therefore, is more realistic. Just a thought. When on Princess it was in our experience a fun thing, it seemed more serious on RCCL. Just my thoughts.

Sorry if you think I was being negative, but it wasn't my intent. Only wanted to point out that some things which seem great at first glance can turn out less than great if they are not implemented properly. IMHO that is the case with personal choice dining and MUTS. I applauded when I first read that they were being introduced but since have had second thoughts after reading about some of the downside to these concepts. If someone can fix those problems, both would be interesting additions to RCI or other lines. As I said, the devil is in the details.:)

Ahh, the problem with electronic conversations. :)

It is true that not every line can be everything to everyone. I found myself taking notes on which lines offered what. It is nice to know what people like on the different lines.

Anytime dining is a nice option. Many have mentioned to muster inside like Princess does. Yes, it is more comfortable, but on RCCL you actually Muster where your station is and therefore, is more realistic. Just a thought. When on Princess it was in our experience a fun thing, it seemed more serious on RCCL. Just my thoughts.

We mustered in the Schooner Bar on the Jewel in December. We just so happened to be there beforehand and were seated on a sofa already. Mom fell asleep in her life jacket with her chin resting on the jacket. We went ahead and made our way to the lifeboat afterwards just to be on the safe side. We were rarely separated during the cruise but I wanted her to know where it was just in case. They still took roll call even though we mustered inside. It seemed to take longer.

I'm one who would welcome the self service laundry! On a 10-day Tahitian Princess cruise I did one load and it was enough to let me pack far less than I normally would. And it really was not that big a deal to do, throw it in, go to the pool for a bit, go back, chuck it in the dryer, go back and take to cabin. It made a huge difference in how I pack. Not to mention the things I was washing were not really items I'd send to a laundry.

I would love the afternoon tea, also.

Lastly, whoever said the ability to buy bottles of liquor on board to consume in your room had a great idea! I know we can get room service for a drink but you wait forever. And when you are in your room dressing or relaxing the last thing you want to do is go to the bar wait for a drink and go back to your room. I spend $500+ on bar tab alone on every cruise I go on. It would be nice to have a bottle of something for convenience in the room.

We mustered in the Schooner Bar on the Jewel in December. We just so happened to be there beforehand and were seated on a sofa already. Mom fell asleep in her life jacket with her chin resting on the jacket. We went ahead and made our way to the lifeboat afterwards just to be on the safe side. We were rarely separated during the cruise but I wanted her to know where it was just in case. They still took roll call even though we mustered inside. It seemed to take longer.

On the GOS in October we mustered on deck. This was our first RCCL cruise and I assumed they all were similar, I guess not. I thought it was more realistic and useful than the in a lounge as we did on Princess.

I completely agree and stated this earlier on. Why just the Windjammer's same heating lamp food day in and out. How about some variety during the day and grilled food is great on a summer day.

I agree put a grill on the main pool deck instead of the overcooked burgers under the heat light in the solarinum or WJ. It would keep the noise level down in the solarium.

Also put in a mexican grill for some hot-off the grill - made to order mexican fajitas in addition to the burgers. (especially on the ships sailing out of Galveston)

Raise the jogging track up one deck and make the raised platform just wide enough for joggers with rails on both sides and no deck chairs on this level. Put a lazy river in the place where the jogging track is now. Let it meander in and out of the shade the jogging track above would now provide. Have it meander around several groupings of deck chairs so many more deck chairs would now be next to either the pool or the lazy river. For those who want an adult slide, have one section that branchs off to a slide that ends in the main pool.

The lazy river could be enjoyed by a hundred or so PAX at the same time compared to the single PAX at a time flow rider. The cost would most likely not be as much as the flow rider. Come on, out of the 3800 PAX on the Freedom OTS, how many will have done the Flow rider by the end of the 7 day cruise??? Not near as many as would have enjoyed a nice lazy river>>>>>

On the Splendour and the Legend, rip out the carpet over bumps they call the golf course behid the solarium and put a kids pool back there that the lazy river will flow through and let the kids have a glass covered area with a hot tub just for kids (and adults with kids) This would be a nice compromise so they don't invade the quite of the solarium during prime pool hours (noon til 2PM and 4PM to 6PM) on days where the weather cold or rainy (most days leaving and returning to Galveston during the winter months where RCCL opens up the normally quite solarium. >> the glass celings and sides really makes the noise problem a lot worst even if there are only a dozen or so kids.)

When I'm on Royal Caribbean, these are a few of the things I miss about Princess:

The dining room is open every day for lunch (including port days) with a menu that changes;

Laundromats (I like to use the irons);

Freshwater pools;

There are more quiet adult only pool areas and other places to get away from the hustle and bustle without being in your cabin or on your balcony.

I think the dining room food is better on Princess;

Empty refrigerators (not mini-bars) in every cabin.

When I'm on Princess, these are a few of the things I miss about Royal Caribbean:

Sitting areas with sofas in non-suite cabins;

The layout and variety in the Windjammer is much better than the Horizon Court;

Good coffee without going to the dining room;

The rounded shower doors instead of the body-snatching shower curtains.:rolleyes:

Checking my statement on the T.V.

I guess the bottom line for me is I sail both lines and I enjoy both lines. There are things I think they both do equally well, and then each has its' strengths. So far I haven't come across anything that would make me turn down an opportunity to cruise on either line!:D

Trays - in the Windjammer so your napkin does not get all wet and soggy when it slides into the gravy/sauce on your plate - and likewise so the bottom of your glass of lemonade does not get all wet and drips!

More dining options - and freestyle options like NCL

Empty fridges in the room so you can store your own 'stuff'

MUTS - movies

Self service launderettes

Afternoon tea

No announcements trying to push bingo/shows when you are eating dinner.

Archived