How do you Count your Cruises?

sea-cruise

I count the actual number of cruises that I've sailed.

I hear that some people count their cruise credits.

If I counted my cruise credits it would look like I have sailed more often than the 32 times I've sailed.

I'd like to know how others count theirs....am I doing it wrong??

I count the actual number of cruises we have done which is 23. Number 24 is booked for Nov.

We have done 9 RCCL cruises where each earned 1 credit at a time except for one JS cabin that gave us 2. So, on RCCL we have 10 official credits. (and 1 extra that popped up recently. Now there are 11.) :confused:

I can't count the total amount of all our cruise credits because all the ones we did years ago on other cruise lines, had no "credits." :D

You a perfectly correct!

A cruise is a cruise.

A cruise credit is a cruise credit.

Two different things.

Cruise credits only matter until you past the last hurdle and then they don't do anything else for you. I count mine by days at sea. I am at 30sea dayswith another 11 days booked this year.

A 3 night cruise is not the same or even equivalent to a 7 night or longer cruise. Also, does a Transatlantic 9 day count the same as a three day. Hmm. Cruise days puts everyone on the same scale. I'm surprised the cruise lines don't change their rewards programs to sea day instead of cruise credits. They could still count suites double, but a 3 night would count as 3 and a night as sever instead of them being equal. Enjoy. 4 cruises down, 30 seas days and counting.

Joe

Cruise credits only matter until you past the last hurdle and then they don't do anything else for you. I count mine by days at sea. I am at 30sea dayswith another 11 days booked this year.

A 3 night cruise is not the same or even equivalent to a 7 night or longer cruise. Also, does a Transatlantic 9 day count the same as a three day. Hmm. Cruise days puts everyone on the same scale. I'm surprised the cruise lines don't change their rewards programs to sea day instead of cruise credits. They could still count suites double, but a 3 night would count as 3 and a night as sever instead of them being equal. Enjoy. 4 cruises down, 30 seas days and counting.

Joe

We always felt a better system would be one cruise credit per every seven days. Seemed like the fairest system to us. But as we were told many times on this web site "it's Royal's loyalty program and we had to play by their rules." So that's what we did. :)

Joe

That is funny. I never figured mine out until now. 21 cruises at 7 nights and two 11 night cruises equals 169 nights on a ship. After November, 180. :D

Agree with counting days at sea instead of number of cruises.

With RCI - 21 cruises -165 days -24 credits. Wish they had started double credits before they did, would have more.

5 other cruise lines = 48 days. Total at sea = 203.

Also had 20+ pre/post cruise stays various places.

I count cruises. If someone asks how many cruises you've been on I don't think they care about your credits as not everyone sails RCCL and I don't think they are asking about how many days at sea either. :) I have 4 cruises booked for 2007, total days on ship 39. Waiting for more 2008 dates to come out! :D

I count cruises, which for me happens so be the same as credits. We generally don’t book suites, in fact only booked a suite, once, prior to the double credit offer.

Seeing the difference between diamond and diamond plus – the price difference for a suite ( vs balcony) does not nearly equal the meager benefit from diamond to diamond plus.

I have noticed met many folks who list the cruise days, rather than cruises.

M

We are well over 200 but I have a hard time counting the cruises much less the days at sea. Think im missing three somewhere. I saw someone on the boards a few weeks ago counting the a daily gambling boat as a cruise. Way back on some other lines use to give out prizes doing repeaters party for cruiser with the most voyages. Got out of hand. If you had 61 someone next to you had 62. The stories grew about the upgrade from the cat 1 cabin to the owners suite to the most cruises.Next we will be talking about the actual hours away from the dock.

Bob The Villages Florida:) :) :)

One cruise was 5 days and the others were all 7 days to 13 days. I think it may be 246 cruising days.

Regardless, the reason I asked the question is because we don't just cruise Royal Caribbean so when people ask how many cruises we've been on I don't count credits.

Thank God every one of us on these boards is fortunate enough to have cruised once or more.

We have friends who think we're stark raving mad because we've cruised a lot. I always say, different strokes for different folks.

We don't all think alike, even on these boards...and that's the fun of variety.

You ladies and gentlemen of the Dimond and Dimond Plus members dont walk around with your little pinky in the air looking down at us Platinum and Gold members do you?;) :D I count the cruises not the days at sea or credits because each cruise is different. The credits are helpful for other things though.

I count my lucky stars that I am able to cruise. The rest is a plus.:) :rolleyes: ;)

The truth of the matter is that it really doesn't matter how many cruises you have but the fun you have and the memories you take away from your cruise.

On our last cruise in September on Mariner, we connected with 4 other couples on Cruisecritic for a table of 10. Well we all enjoyed meeting each other and three couples from the table have booked Freedom for next year. Well we had this one couple at the table a 50 something woman MaryAnn with her 60 something husband Alan. Alan had Asburgers? disease. Well the last night of the cruise, 6 out of the 10 of us at our table came to dinner in our shorts and totally blitz. Well Maryann (the wife) saw her husband Alan laugh out loud for the first time in over 8 months. Sadly enough, he did pass in early December. Well up to his death, he spoke of his table mates that last night. We did apologize shortly after the cruise but MaryAnn didn't care since Alan laughed out loud that last night and spoke of us up to his death.

I may only have four cruise down (2 with Princess, 2 with Rccl) but the memory or Alan laughing on this last cruise will last forever.

Live everyday to the fullest. I'm only in my 30s and that how I live it while on vacation. Just do it safely.

Joe

Archived