Close Those Drapes!

Guest LoveMyBoxer

My very first cruise was in 1986 on the old Sun Viking. I was sunbathing on deck, drenched head to toe with Hawaiin Tropic. No straps on my bathing suit-who wants lines!! A crewmember grabbed me out of the lounge chair and said they needed one more female for a game. It was pass an orange from under your chin to under the chin the person behind you. Women passing to men, men to women. I was first in line on our team. With all of the Hawaiin Tropic, the orange was too oily to pass. I never got it to the next person when the other team had finished. The whistle ending the game blew. Then, everybody on the deck and the sun deck above were laughing hysterically, pointing at me and some taking photos. The top of my bathing suit was down to my waist! Thank goodness I have a great sense of humor and had a better looking body back then. That's the only cruise I have ever been on that almost every passenger knew who I was, even with all of my clothes on! Darn, guess I should have told RCCL they owed me a free cruise or something because they made me play that game!

Diane

According to the original article, the person caught in flagrante wanted compensation "...for being violated in the manner in which we were.”

Leads me to wonder, Who was doing what to whom?

I am astounded by the audacity of this clown. But I shouldn't be. Compensation seems to be the immediate thought for any transgression, real or imagined.

The people in the adjoining rooms should also demand compensation. By leaving their door open, these people subjected their neighbors to the (presumably) unwanted sounds of their rutting.

Yet another reason to book an inside room.

Heck, for two free cruises, I'd do it in the middle of the atrium and let the cruise line charge admission to watch :D I'll bet people would be demanding their money back though.

FOFLMHO ... now THAT is a person with a good sense of humor!!!!

not on a ship but once at the beach we decided to get a tan in spite of the fact that it was very windy out so we went back to our hotel room and opened the door to the terrace and lay down on a bed cover INSIDE the room but in direct sunlight -- some folks checked in next door and went out on their terrace to look around and they were able to see right into our room --we could hear them laughing in embarassment on stumbling onto our sun bathing

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Heck, for two free cruises, I'd do it in the middle of the atrium and let the cruise line charge admission to watch :D I'll bet people would be demanding their money back though.

ROFL - Now don't give people ideas!

Just shows how ridiculous society has become in wanting compensation for nothing. Sheesh!

Great story, Greg. Don't people have brains any more?

I hope NCL renigs on this deal - they were not at fault.

Ships require exterior maintenance 24/7 - no need for signs, notices, etc.

NCL doesn't want/need people like these on their ships.

We live in an apartment - the 24th floor.

We'd been notified of window cleaning on our side of the building between the hours of 9am and 4 pm.

I'd completely forgotten the date and waltzed from the bathroom into the bedroom, fresh from my shower, all dried off and stark naked to select clean underwear - there was the window cleaner - poor guy was 'locked' in place with nowhere to go. In my haste to re-enter the bathroom, I tripped over a chair and broke my baby toe.:rolleyes:

DH, a good story teller, had fun explaining my broken toe at 'cocktail hours' over several weeks.

Compensation????? :eek: - I'd never recognize the window cleaner any more than he would me. It's good to laugh at yourself sometimes.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I have been laughing for the last five minutes, the irony of living on the 24th floor right?

The OP should not ever sail into Auckland New Zealand then, or else keep the drapes closed tight, when the ships tie up here at our Princes Wharf they come right alongside the Hilton Hotel, and the residents can see straight into the balcony cabins, mind it works two ways, the balcony cabins can look right into the apartments also :-) I suspect there has been the odd piece of hilarity, its not like ships tie up there every day. However they are given letters of warning right up till the ships arrival.

The "demand" from this clown can be nicely and very accuratetly described as caca de toro (and I'm purposely keeping it nice). You gotta love rocket scientists like that:rolleyes: No wonder there's so many lawsuits (see below)

Bennie Casson filed a lawsuit in Belleville, Ill., against PT's Show Club for its negligence in allowing a stripper to "slam" her breasts into his "neck and head region" as he watched her, a little too close to the stage.

Casson claims in his lawsuit that dancer Susan Sykes (aka "Busty Heart"), who claims to have show business's biggest chest at 88 inches, gave him a "bruised, contused, lacerated" neck.

Carson has filed suit claiming that the "gifted" performer slammed her breasts into his head and neck, causing "emotional distress, mental anguish and indignity."

The $200,000 lawsuit states that Carson was "bruised, contused, lacerated and made sore" by Heart's breasts, which reportedly weigh in at 40 pounds apiece.:eek:

Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

The $200,000 lawsuit states that Carson was "bruised, contused, lacerated and made sore" by Heart's breasts, which reportedly weigh in at 40 pounds apiece.:eek:

Good heavens! That woman must have some serious back problems.

As funny as this story is, and as appalled as I am at their absurd request for 2 free cruises (are they out of their bleeping minds???!!!), at the same time it angers me because frivolous demands over stupid stuff like this is what we all pay for everyday. People think they're getting something out of a large corporation, but in the end their payoff comes out of each of our pockets.

I'm sorry they were offered anything more than an apology for their "discomfort" and perhaps a bottle of champagne.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Willia...

NCL: "Can you tell us what kind of face she had?"

Cleaner: "Face??"

Between this and the previous "boobs" post, I am ROFL!!!!

Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

[/i]

How do you explain that in the emergency room?

Archived