Early Check-in

BB5953

Hello - Has anyone had experience needing an early check-in for a Barcelona Hotel? My flight lands at 8:30 a.m. and while my husband and I plan to sleep on the plane it would be most inconvienient if we are unable to check-in after a long flight. I have e-mailed the hotel (no response yet) but was hoping someone else has had to do this and it wasn't a problem....

I travel to Barcelona often on business. Hotels are generally accommodating if they have empty rooms. Much like most American Hotels, the business traveler usually checks out first thing in the morning so rooms are prepped as soon as check out. Depending on the day of the week and the check out pattern of guests you will probably have no problem.

If not, leave your luggage at the hotel and take a nice long walk and the room should be ready before you know it.

Hello - Has anyone had experience needing an early check-in for a Barcelona Hotel? My flight lands at 8:30 a.m. and while my husband and I plan to sleep on the plane it would be most inconvienient if we are unable to check-in after a long flight. I have e-mailed the hotel (no response yet) but was hoping someone else has had to do this and it wasn't a problem....

I think no hotel will give an early checkin in advance, since they donot know yet what time guests will leave, checkout is seldom before 11am..

After guests leave, rooms need to be cleaned etc.

Sometimes you can deposit your luggage, anything more is just luck.

We took a Med. cruise on Millie from Barcelona and the hotel was not very helpful with early check-in. We got to the hotel before 9 a.m., they told us it would be an hour, so we walked around and found a cafe for breakfast. Came back and the rooms still weren't ready. After about another hour in the lobby (we were basically falling asleep right there) they had a room for DH and I. We though my parent's room was to be ready right then as well, but they waited another 1/2 hour--until almost noon.

As with anything though, I'm sure it depends on the hotel. The only way you can guarantee early check-in is to pay for the prior night...not a good option.

We booked our post-cruise hotel in Barcelona (Atrium Palace) through Celebrity. We dock in Barcelona at 5 am.

Does anyone know when we would reach the hotel (Celebrity transfers) and whether or not rooms would be available?

I assume Celebrity has a block of rooms and passengers for the next cruise would be vacating them as we arrive.

Thanks

Archived