Food differences on the Sea Princess?

CaribbeanCrazy

[quote name='coiran']Do you have a word that rhymes with Orange????

I don't know if you are criticizing my post or what - might just be weird Scottish humor. I just spent 14 days on the Sea and met some real nice Brits, including Scots and just wanted to clear up the assumption nthat they geared the food toward the Brits. I even ordered "Haggis" one night and they did not know what it was.

Ron

Ron[/quote]

But we must know about the boiled potatoes in oil or was it fat. Were they there or are they an Urban (Sea Princess) Myth.

I am sure Happyscot was not having a go at you its just his natural habit of bursting into poetry.

Perhaps he comes from Dundee and is trying to follow the Great McGonagall who wrote that great poem called

The Tay Bridge Disaster

Beautiful Railway Bridge of the Silv’ry Tay!
Alas! I am very sorry to say
That ninety lives have been taken away
On the last Sabbath day of 1879
Which will be remember’d for a very long time.

Etc.

[COLOR=red]William Topaz McGonagall[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]He was considered by many to be "[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]the worst poet that Bonnie Scotland ever threw up, and arguably the worst poet ever to massacre the English language"

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]
[COLOR=red][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Our friend H/S must be very close behind[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]:):)Happy Cruising:):)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]
[/COLOR]

[quote name='daiB']But we must know about the boiled potatoes in oil or was it fat. Were they there or are they an Urban (Sea Princess) Myth.

I am sure Happyscot was not having a go at you its just his natural habit of bursting into poetry.

Perhaps he comes from Dundee and is trying to follow the Great McGonagall who wrote that great poem called

The Tay Bridge Disaster

Beautiful Railway Bridge of the Silv’ry Tay!
Alas! I am very sorry to say
That ninety lives have been taken away
On the last Sabbath day of 1879
Which will be remember’d for a very long time.

Etc.

[COLOR=red]William Topaz McGonagall[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]He was considered by many to be "[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]the worst poet that Bonnie Scotland ever threw up, and arguably the worst poet ever to massacre the English language"

[COLOR=red][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Our friend H/S must be very close behind[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]:):)Happy Cruising:):)[/COLOR]

[/quote]

It's good to see Great-Grandfather William's works are still being celebrated. I live quite near Dundee, and can see the Tay Bridge from my bedroom window, as well as the stumps of the old one............ When you go close up in a boat, it's slightly disconcerting to find that the base of the new one looks remarkably similar to the remnants of the old one....

Like Great-Grandfather William, I know in my heart that my verse delights and inspires my readers, despite the scurrilous remarks some of them make. These are merely the jealous rumblings of the artistically challenged.

But what a thrill to find that Amurikans have diets based on the colour of the food! That's fantastic, quite brilliantly surreal. DW and I have picked up on this, and have sworn not to eat or drink anything coloured purple and orange stripes on our cruise.

Baked apple for breakfast??? Sorry, not in this lifetime.

Thanks for Sea info.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is a great thread with some great thinkers onboard.

Do they speak English or American on the Sea Princess?

Grits? Not for everyone. The Italians love it. Although, they call it Polenta.

Before picking on "American Food", realize there are very few dishes that can actually be claimed as an American original. We usually just hijack someone else's dish, over salt it, supersize it, and call it American. When possible we may also try to deep fry it as well.

[quote name='Globaliser']Yeah, but surely you can't beat the Scots for that?

Well, the Glaswegians, anyway![/quote]

You are not referring to the 'Deep Fried Mars Bars' by any chance are you. A true delicacy.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

[quote name='Ethel5']HAPPYSCOT.......

Will you marry me? :)[/quote]

Yes of course, but I need your vital statistics first.

1/ Your income.
2/ Your savings.
3/ Your wilingness to be parted from same.

I talk about football at least 8 times a day, after sex. Is that ok?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[quote name='daiB']You are not referring to the 'Deep Fried Mars Bars' by any chance are you. A true delicacy.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)[/quote]

Being middle-class, as I was only saying to my new life-partner Ethel today after football talk, we prefer char-grilled snickers in a haggis and whisky polenta. I find these capture the true essence and subtlety of Scottish cuisine.

Scotland playing footie on Saturday, against Georgia. Amurikans, that's Georgia, Georgia; not Georgia, USA. I think Georgia, Georgia came first. I've got Georgia on my mind. Their players all end in -ia, but then ours all start with Mac-, and end with awwww crap we've lost again. If we win, I shall write you a poem. No please, no tears of joy, it's my pleasure.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can't believe this thread is still alive. We were on Sea Princess with Ron and one morning at breakfast the buffet made me think of you Happy. They had it all, grits, English bacon, beans, tomatoes, potatoes in oil, no haggis though. I actually liked the English bacon. It's really ham. I didn't try any of the other stuff. The food in the dining room was wonderful. This thread is too funny. Ron doesn't eat white stuff and I don't eat or drink pink stuff.

Being middle-class, as I was only saying to my new life-partner Ethel today after football talk, we prefer char-grilled snickers in a haggis and whisky polenta. I find these capture the true essence and subtlety of Scottish cuisine.

Scotland playing footie on Saturday, against Georgia. Amurikans, that's Georgia, Georgia; not Georgia, USA. I think Georgia, Georgia came first. I've got Georgia on my mind. Their players all end in -ia, but then ours all start with Mac-, and end with awwww crap we've lost again. If we win, I shall write you a poem. No please, no tears of joy, it's my pleasure.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In that case "Come on Georgia"

:):)Happy MacCruising:):)

In that case "Come on Georgia"

:):)Happy MacCruising:):)

Daib - excellent craic! Have Scottish citizenship. It's two-for-one this week in Walmart, bring the SO. They've bought one of our supermarkets here you know. If you spend more than $200 you get to pick the next middle-east country to be bombed. They did the same comp in USA, someone chose Kosovo... (think about it cousins).

Alice, you're thinking about me at breakfast time. Whilst looking at the pork sausages. I think it's time you acted on what are clearly deeply-held desires. I'll meet you in Churchills, 11pm, May 14 2007. I'll be the one with the cigar. Hee-hee. Actually, as a cigar smoker, I probably will. I see you as a mid-west lady of a certain age, bursting with hormones and possibilities.............? Don't tell Ethel.

Is it just me, or is Ron a little bit serious? Either that or much funnier than me, in an under-stated way, not that difficult I suppose. His "live from" thread was mega-excellent, so useful to us newbies. Tell him my immaturity isn't a threat.

........living next door to Alice. Mmmmmmmmmm. Who sang that song? In UK, when that line is sung, for some reason, everyone screams "who the f... is Alice?" Don't know why, but its just the funniest.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes of course, but I need your vital statistics first.

1/ Your income.

2/ Your savings.

3/ Your wilingness to be parted from same.

I talk about football at least 8 times a day, after sex. Is that ok?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The wedding is off-I don't mind sharing money, but NO FOOTBALL!!!!

Daib - excellent craic! Have Scottish citizenship. It's two-for-one this week in Walmart, bring the SO. They've bought one of our supermarkets here you know. If you spend more than $200 you get to pick the next middle-east country to be bombed. They did the same comp in USA, someone chose Kosovo... (think about it cousins).

Alice, you're thinking about me at breakfast time. Whilst looking at the pork sausages. I think it's time you acted on what are clearly deeply-held desires. I'll meet you in Churchills, 11pm, May 14 2007. I'll be the one with the cigar. Hee-hee. Actually, as a cigar smoker, I probably will. I see you as a mid-west lady of a certain age, bursting with hormones and possibilities.............? Don't tell Ethel.

Is it just me, or is Ron a little bit serious? Either that or much funnier than me, in an under-stated way, not that difficult I suppose. His "live from" thread was mega-excellent, so useful to us newbies. Tell him my immaturity isn't a threat.

........living next door to Alice. Mmmmmmmmmm. Who sang that song? In UK, when that line is sung, for some reason, everyone screams "who the f... is Alice?" Don't know why, but its just the funniest.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are thinking of Roy Chubby Brown.

I claim Triple citizenship anyway. Born a Geordie.....Father Scots...........Mother half Scots and half Welsh.........Great grandmother Irish. It is hell come the 6 Nations.

:):)Happy MacCruising Boyo Ye Naa:):)

You are thinking of Roy Chubby Brown.

I claim Triple citizenship anyway. Born a Geordie.....Father Scots...........Mother half Scots and half Welsh.........Great grandmother Irish. It is hell come the 6 Nations.

:):)Happy MacCruising Boyo Ye Naa:):)

Daib we must ingest alcohol together, and speak of that which separates and unites these are great islands. Or, as we would normally say outside of this polite forum, "yis wanting a pint, ye short-arsed Geordie c***". Rock on.

Manly hug.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Well I don't mind insults, but if you're going to be sacreligious!!!! I don't know what I ever saw in you!!!!! I want my mum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

Who said anything insulting? I just said no football! I should have listened to mother about you!

Who said anything insulting? I just said no football! I should have listened to mother about you!

Actually I meant to talk to you about me and your mum.

She's very athletic for her age isn't she?

We're in love. It could be worse, it could be your Dad. Although he joins in, but it's your Mum and I who are destined for each other. We'd like you to be at the ceremony, if you can bear it.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Daib we must ingest alcohol together, and speak of that which separates and unites these are great islands. Or, as we would normally say outside of this polite forum, "yis wanting a pint, ye short-arsed Geordie c***". Rock on.

Manly hug.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Newcastle Brown Ale of course, "The Dog"

Of course it is the fastest growing bottled beer in the US and in New England you get it on Draught (Tap) all ower the place. Canny as well.

Youll be wantin a Tartin??

Did you say it was your torn cos if yi diddnt it is.

Gan Canny

Dai

Actually I meant to talk to you about me and your mum.

She's very athletic for her age isn't she?

We're in love. It could be worse, it could be your Dad. Although he joins in, but it's your Mum and I who are destined for each other. We'd like you to be at the ceremony, if you can bear it.

xxxxxxxxxxx

I hate to be the one to break your heart-but-Mum ran off with the postman yesterday.

Archived