Maasdam

dolls4sell

I booked the Maasdam in Oct for a 10 day and I am concerned, I haven't heard to much about the ship. We were on it in 2001 and the ship needed alot of work. I know it was in dry dock for 21 days in April of 06 and wet dock in 05. I was thinking of changing to the 7 Day on the Zuiderdam. We booked a suite on the Maasdam. I hardly see any posts regarding the Maasdam or recent reviews. Can any give me some input on the Maasdam vs the Zuiderdam

It would be grealty appreciated

This is my vote for the Massdam. I have not sailed the Zuiderdam yet.

Our last trip on the Massdam in October 2005 was great. The ship was clean and very well cared for. The signature of excellence upgrades were not completed until October 2006. The only problem we had was that the forward restrooms by the theater kept having plumbing problems. I hope they been fixed a year and a half later. The ship need some rust removed and painting on some of the rails, but all in all she was really beautiful.:D

Hi Diboja,

How was the service in the dining room? Are they as friendly as I remembered on the O and the Maasdam? Also I read someones review and they said the food out but the Lido was a mess? I realize that no cruise is perfect but just concerned. I have looked at other lines as we book suites but for the comfort & service I really do not want to go anywhere else.

Thanks

I'd cruise 10 days over seven anytime. I'd cruise an S-class before a Vista anytime, too.

For me, this would be an easy decision---10 days on the Maasdam.

I haven't been on the Maasdam since July '05, but I had a marvelous time for 35 days. If anything was going to go wrong I had ample opportunity on that cruise.

It was fine.

We LOVE Maasdam and have cruised her a great many days. We were last aboard for 14 days last August and are looking forward to 14 more this June and again this August. She's a really beautiful ship with a wonderful crew. We'd cruise her anytime in the blink of an eye.

We last sailed Zuiderdam about 3 years ago. We had some great cruises on her as well. Wonderful memories. But, if I have to choose one over the other, I pick Maasdam.

Hi Diboja,

How was the service in the dining room? Are they as friendly as I remembered on the O and the Maasdam? Also I read someones review and they said the food out but the Lido was a mess? I realize that no cruise is perfect but just concerned. I have looked at other lines as we book suites but for the comfort & service I really do not want to go anywhere else.

Thanks

We ate 6 dinners in the Rotterdam DR(food was terrific), 3 in the Lido and once in the Pinnacle.

Service in the dining room was efficient, friendly and professional. The Lido was never a mess for the dinners or the few lunches that we had there-always flavourful and well presented.

The pinnacle service was wonderful but the dinner was no better than in the main dining room as far as my wife and I were concerned.

We always had room service bring our breakfast so that we could enjoy it on the Verandah....

I am a fussy person and I can assure you that everything was great.

This was our second time on the Maasdam and I have read reviews complaining about some aspects of the dining but you must remember some people are negative by nature and look for the smallest things to bitch about...

Enjoy the Maasdam!!

Hi Diboja

Thank you for your response. I am the cruise lover as my husband goes because I like them. I have been on 13 cruises my husband 3. The first one was Princess it was awful I thought I would never get him back but I did & it was the Maasdam 2001 this was our first HAL cruise as we had a mini suite which was falling apart and she was looking a bit rough but but the service was great and had alot of fun. That made up for the room. 2nd cruise on HAL was a suite on the O 14 day Panama. Now my husband just wants HAL. The Maasdam had better service than the O. I We also ate in the Pinnacle on th O and we both felt the same way your wife did. seemed like we had more fun on the Maasdam as we met many people which we eded up going on the O with We have a suite booked for Oct 30th for 10 days on the M. We also

like having breakfast on Veranda. Some of the reviews regarding the Maasdam

have been awful but some people you just can't please. Thank you

We're thinking about a last minute on the Maasdam on March 25 which would be our first time on HAL. We were on the Celebrity Horizon which was a similar age and size and really liked it. The price is very good for 10 days in the Caribbean but we are concerned about the mixed reviews. Has anyone been in an inside cabin...are they in good repair? Also, does anyone have experience with a "guarantee"? What are the chances of an upgrade? Finally there have been a lot of comments about the food. Appreciate any feedback on quality and presentation.

Has anyone been in an inside cabin...are they in good repair? .

I've sailed in inside cabins multiple times on all the S- and R-class ships---for as long as 35 days at a time.

They are fine. They are large enough to be comfortable in, with plenty of storage/closet space. The shower is quite large---no jokes about soaping the sides and spinning in these showers! :D

Book one and have a great time.

I've sailed in inside cabins multiple times on all the S- and R-class ships---for as long as 35 days at a time.

They are fine. They are large enough to be comfortable in, with plenty of storage/closet space. The shower is quite large---no jokes about soaping the sides and spinning in these showers! :D

Book one and have a great time.

I'm glad to hear that about the room size and showers. On my April sailing, it's the first inside cabin with HAL.

MAASDAM 10 DAY CRUISE

APRIL 4-14 2007

Archived