Live from Majesty - NO free internet

mommabean

I'm pretty sure they are in the area for all the kids that aren't teens. It's a large area with separate sections. I wondered why there were so many different rooms with computer stations, but it must be because of the age division. That must account for the various sink stations, too.

It was a really cute area. There was a wall full of empty picture frames placed down low where they must either put photos or art work on display during each cruise.

There was a computer area for the teens upstairs by the Living Room.

Thanks! Sounds great, can't wait to show the kiddos.

There are at least 2 rolling Ben and Jerry's carts like an old fashioned ice cream man would push around. One of the carts is right where you get off and board the tender. They were not opened this time but the carts were sitting there.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.........carts. I remember carts. I KNEW that I hadn't seen a "stand" or "booth" or such.

phew. idiot moment has passed.

:D

Thank you all for your notes and pictures. We are going this Friday and I am now a little worried for a cold weather. What was the temperature when you were on COCOCAY ?

If you happen to be bringing kids, can you post back about whether or not they hand out pagers/phones to parents with kids in the AO like the Freedom does? Thanks.

Momma, you're the BEST! Thank you so much for the pics and info.....I'll be seeing her for myself this Friday! WOO HOOO!!!

Matlik - I checked the weather.com site:

Friday Miami - Sunny 79 degrees

Nassau: Saturday - Partly Cloudy (which is the same as party sunny!) 76 deg.

Nassau: Sunday - Scattered Showers 80 degrees.

Should be a great weekend!!

Will see you onboard!!

Michele

Mommabean,

You are so great to post all of those pictures for those of us awaiting our turn on Majesty (and for doing it so promptly!:) )

Now I am salivating even more, and I still have 9 weeks left! Thanks for posting the Freeze menu with the prices -- really it's about the same as the Coldstone near my home.

I was on Monarch a few months after her 2003 reno, and I have to say that Majesty looks even sparklier! Looking forward to confirming that impression.

Thanks again for all the info!

PHXscuba

"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?":D

Here are some photos from my cruise on Majesty of the Seas. I created this account many years ago but never used it. It took me a while to sort it all out.

Some photos may bore you, some are different than the usual and some I might be in big trouble for posting. This is only a sampling of the photos I took. I haven't edited them yet so some may be off the horizontal due to the rocking of the ship...or of me. :)

I hope the link works.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/mommabeany/album/576460762390505250

Adventure Ocean photos are included but not all of them. They have a lot of hand washing stations in AO with simple signs reminding kids to wash their hands and why.

GREAT photos, mommabean! Thanks for sharing. Love those "keep off the rocks" pix. ;) :p

Thank you all for your notes and pictures. We are going this Friday and I am now a little worried for a cold weather. What was the temperature when you were on COCOCAY ?

I don't know the temp but it may have been upper 60s. Peggy might have a better idea since she laid out for a while. I personally would never go in the water in this weather but I'm a life time S. Floridian. Only the hardy snowbirds go in the ocean this time of year.

It was much colder in Nassau. A sweater or jacket was definitely needed while there...due to the wind chill more than anything. It was like walking uphill getting back to the ship...we really had to lean into the wind and force our way along. We had a laughing attack doing it. :p

There's nothing like a little cool snap to entertain us in far South Florida.

Hi - It was pleasant in Coco Cay (but we are from NJ) - probably 70 degrees when we were there last Saturday. The sun tried to come out a few times and when it did - it was Hot. We did lay out in bathing suits - but did not go all the way into the water. On Sunday in Nassau it was colder - we shopped, then tried to get to the beach, but by the time we got to the British Colonial Hilton and got settled on the beach, the storm clouds came rolling in and the torrentials rains came!!! It was really really windy trying to get back to the ship - we all had to hold on to each other or we would have got blown into the water!

Hi - It was pleasant in Coco Cay (but we are from NJ) - probably 70 degrees when we were there last Saturday. The sun tried to come out a few times and when it did - it was Hot. We did lay out in bathing suits - but did not go all the way into the water. On Sunday in Nassau it was colder - we shopped, then tried to get to the beach, but by the time we got to the British Colonial Hilton and got settled on the beach, the storm clouds came rolling in and the torrentials rains came!!! It was really really windy trying to get back to the ship - we all had to hold on to each other or we would have got blown into the water!

Mommabean thanks so much for posting the renovated pics of the Majesty.

We go on our first cruise on the boat in May and also have a junior suite. So I was very curious what the rooms and the balconies looked like

I also appreciate the posts about the dinner wear. Ive been overly obsessing about it and what to pack. Shoes are my clincher too!! I just love them. DH doesnt get it. He can wear the same pair of dress shoes to each dinner. In order for me to do that I have to color coordinate all my outfits so I can wear the same color shoes for each dinner.Lol....I'm neurotic to the hilt. I have each outfit planned for each stop including the two days before and the two days after the cruise that we are in Miami.

Being prepared and doing lots of research makes a nice relaxing vacation though and helps me keep my sanity

We were there on Feb 14th and it was HOT. Almost everyone looked like raccoons from wearing sunglasses; even the Sea Trek people were burnt. It was fun looking around at all of the burnt people including us and knowing we soon would be heading back to IL. Winter snows. But we would be bringing back a sunburn as a souvenir. The iguanas were running around all over the island in the sun. :)

Mommabean thanks so much for posting the renovated pics of the Majesty.

We go on our first cruise on the boat in May and also have a junior suite. So I was very curious what the rooms and the balconies looked like

I also appreciate the posts about the dinner wear. Ive been overly obsessing about it and what to pack. Shoes are my clincher too!! I just love them. DH doesnt get it. He can wear the same pair of dress shoes to each dinner. In order for me to do that I have to color coordinate all my outfits so I can wear the same color shoes for each dinner.Lol....I'm neurotic to the hilt. I have each outfit planned for each stop including the two days before and the two days after the cruise that we are in Miami.

Being prepared and doing lots of research makes a nice relaxing vacation though and helps me keep my sanity

You know you CAN bring a different pair of shoes for each night on this cruise since it's such a short one. I am one who didn't wear jeans on any night - I wore a dress 2 nights and nice slacks the last night.

Bring a rolling smallish suitcase for all your clothes. You'll be amazed at how much you can fit into a airline acceptable carry on bag. And then bring a slightly smaller non-wheeled bag that slides over the handle. In this one, put all your toiletries and shoes for every night and every day. This worked for me. I even had a bulky pair of Reeboks in the shoe bag that I actually used one morning.

You can even easily carry all of this on if you choose not to check your luggage at the curb. Go ahead and do it. There is no need to plan every nights wardrobe around one pair of shoes. :D

Great pics...........couple of questions.........

We have never done that walking trail on CocoCay.........is that grave part of that walk??? Been there at least 15 times and never got past the beach area..............

Ok,you said to ask................why didnt your tablemate have a tie on???

Cant wait for my turn!

Great pics...........couple of questions.........

We have never done that walking trail on CocoCay.........is that grave part of that walk??? Been there at least 15 times and never got past the beach area..............

Ok,you said to ask................why didnt your tablemate have a tie on???

Cant wait for my turn!

The grave was off the road on the walk back, not on the trail. Most people will require good walking shoes if they intend to walk the length of the trail. I managed with flip flops but I'm special. :D

Our tablemate was our traveling companion. They are our friends from St. Thomas. He was a good customer of my husband's before DH retired. He lives in a hotel near us for weeks at a time, sometimes as long as 6 weeks. They made the plans to cruise with us on very short notice when there were only a few cabins left. He didn't get to go back to St. Thomas to pick up his "cruise wear" prior to departure. It wasn't until on the way to the port that he said he wasn't wearing a jacket on formal night. He normally wouldn't need a jacket or tie during his stays in the states.

I thought he actually looked much more presentable on formal nights than many other people did on the other two nights. He didn't affect my pleasure negatively just as all the jeans wearers didn't ruin it for me on the other nights. :)

If he had asked us to, we'd have brought a tie for him. Or maybe we didn't have his style in stock. :)

I was actually more startled when she started receiving calls and using the cell phone at the table in the Windjammer. But, I let it slide....

I uploaded the Cruise Compass and Cruise News along with important information to the yahoo album. The only problem is that it had to be in jpg format and it's not very readable on my PC.

Does anyone know a better place to upload the written information where there is an option to make them larger on the screen and therefore actually possible to read?

I'm going to try the cruise addicts site for upload although their directions seem too wordy and complicated. We'll see how it goes and I'll give a link if it works.

upload update - it doesn't look much better at the C-A site. I'm still open to suggestions.

Again thanks for the review and all the info/photos glad that you and your cruise party had a great time and got home safe...I am also glad to read that you did not let the little things like "no tie and cell phone ruin your cruise" ;)

Try this for the Cruise Compass and other info.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photogallery/v/Majesty+of+the+Seas_001/

Once you click on an item, go to the upper right corner and select a larger image size and you may be able to read it. I only have a 17 inch monitor which could be part of my problem.

What I really wanted everyone to read is the useful information. I never noticed this was on the back of the "Behind the Name Tags" info until today.

There's no mention of cell phones being restricted to cabins as I read elsewhere on the forum today. They just ask you to please turn them off during the shows.

And....the corkage fee is still listed as $12. You can bet we'll bring a bottle on our next cruise and if this is still in writing, we'll bring the writing to the dining room with us in case we are refused. :D ;)

HAHA - it even says no saving of seats under the part about entertainment seating. Obviously I haven't read it all yet.

Hey Mommabean............did you scan the inside of the compasses too?? I cant figure out if you did or I am doing something wrong ........

Michele.........I read on another thread, the slots are still paid out in coins(which really surprised me).........

Hey Mommabean............did you scan the inside of the compasses too?? I cant figure out if you did or I am doing something wrong ........

Michele.........I read on another thread, the slots are still paid out in coins(which really surprised me).........

Archived