A strange question.

trout96

I have had recent foot surgery and it is taking a LONG time to heal. Right now all I can wear are my walking shoes. It was almost 4 months before I could walk on it and wondering if anyone knows where to get dress shoes with support. I know I won't be in heals but I will need something dressy.

Help!!!!

I have had recent foot surgery and it is taking a LONG time to heal. Right now all I can wear are my walking shoes. It was almost 4 months before I could walk on it and wondering if anyone knows where to get dress shoes with support. I know I won't be in heals but I will need something dressy.

Help!!!!

Florsheim makes some great shoes.

http://www.florsheim.com/flstore/index.do

You mentioned Heals? Must be a female I hope hehe

Fred

YEARS ago we went on a land vacation to the Bahamas. I had fractured my ankle and had a short leg cast on. I wore "regular" shoes on my good foot. I work for Orthopedic surgeons and your goal is NOT to have appropriate shoes, but to give your foot time to heal. It will be bad enough walking around! Wear whatever is necessary on your "bad foot"-even if it's a pair of slippers. (you can find some really nice ones!) and a regular shoe on your good foot as I did. If you wear pants, noone will really notice your shoes anyway!

Two years ago, on the Triumph, I watched a girl make her way down the stairs to the London dining room with a cast on her leg, trying to make the "grand enterance"! I had to give her credit for trying. In other words, who cares what you look like as long as you're having a good time! Have fun, I dare ya!:D

I love the search feature at Nordstrom.com. If you need a wider shoe, you can select a width. You can select a favorite brand (Easy Spirit, Naturalizer, Aerosoles, etc.) with support. You can select a color. Check it out once you find a brand you think might give you the support you need.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/AS?catid=6000009%7cWomen%27s+Shoes

Help!!!!

Trout,

Check with your podiatrist. She might be able to suggest something in your area that not only fits the bill but also meets your needs from a medical perspective. I broke my foot last year pretty badly and then had a pretty bad bout with plantar fasciitis as a result of being in the cast for 8 weeks, and my pod recommended a couple of good orthopaedic shoe suppliers in town. Worth a shot, anyway.

Trout,

Check with your podiatrist. She might be able to suggest something in your area that not only fits the bill but also meets your needs from a medical perspective. I broke my foot last year pretty badly and then had a pretty bad bout with plantar fasciitis as a result of being in the cast for 8 weeks, and my pod recommended a couple of good orthopaedic shoe suppliers in town. Worth a shot, anyway.

icon_yeahthat.gif this is probably the best advise. Specially since you have not healed yet.

Archived