What is a "must buy" at Cozumel? (not tequila)

bnsilly

Mexican Vanilla: As stated by previous poster, you would have to literally drink the vanilla to notice long-term problems with the cumarin.

Have purchased vanilla at Cinco Soles in Cozumel for several years. Find their brand is superior to other brands of vanilla we have purchased other places in Mexico as well as here at home. In fact, I bring back at least 2 of the largest bottles of vanilla each time I am in Cozumel. I have 2 friends who bake cookies for our military and use Cinco Soles vanilla in all of their cookie baking. They have baked more than 3, 067 dozen cookies for our military so far and the troops all say these ladies cookies are the best.

Pancho's Backyard is located in the courtyard inside Cinco Soles and I agree one should not leave Cozumel without trying the food and margarittas at Pancho's. It's the best.

Dianne

Last year when hubby and I went to Cozemel, we got the vanilla @ Los Cincos Sol. I think our best find was a hand carved marble chess set also @ Los Cinco Sol. It was only $40....A lot cheaper than you could find it in the US. It was very heavy to carry around, but worth it in the long run.

Happy shopping!:D

http://www.loscincosoles.com/panchosbackyard/home.htm

At the bottom left there is a print coupon link. Los Cinco Soles is a great place to shop. They don't follow you around but the prices are set. They have some really nice black pottery. As far as the vanilla here is a site I found - http://gourmetsleuth.com/vanilla.htm

I was just there a couple of weeks ago and I found a beautiful cuff bracelet! I didn't go to 10 different shops looking for the best bargain, i just found one that i liked that i felt was a reasonable price that i could afford, and bought it! I'm going to get some vanilla the next time i go (in April) but i have made myself a promise that i will not bring home anymore t-shirts, lol! We all have several that have Cozumel or Caribbean written on them somewhere!;)

Sheri

I am with you!

I am not going to try and barter when I know these people need the money more than I do. If I find something I like, and I feel the price is reasonable, I am just going to pay the asking price. ;)

I am a baker and have bought Vanilla Extract (at least that what it said) and I must say I was not impressed. Cheap yes.....but be careful what you are buying. I bout 3 liter bottles gave 2 away and kept 2. I used it but will not be buying again on our March trip.

Archived