Dress Code for Pinnacle Grill

SmokinActuary

My wife's family and I are doing the 7 day Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Zuiderdam at the end of March and we have plans to celebrate my BIL's 50th Birthday at the Pinnacle Grill on a night that is not a formal night.

I was was wondering if we would have to wear formal garb at the grill, because that would mean 3 nights in a suit and I would have to pack accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

I was in the Pinnacle Grill on what was called an informal night. No man was without a jacket. it's a really nice restaurant and you wouldn't go to such a restaurant anywhere and not wear a jacket. Maybe a sport jacket and not a suit.

All the times we've been on HAL ships, when we go to Pinnacle Grill, DH never goes without a jacket. Sometimes he does not wear a tie but he always wears at least a Blazer and nice trousers.

If we go on a Formal Night, he wears a tuxedo or dinner jacket.

Pinnacle Grill on Zuiderdam is a beautiful restaurant IMO

Hope you have a great celebration.....wonderful cruise.

We booked the Pinnacle Grill for two nights on the Westerdam a couple of weeks ago. One night was formal and the other was casual. When we inquired as to the dress for casual night, they said it was the same as for the dining room (we inquired when we made the reservation). My husband wore a very nice shirt and slacks, and felt very out of place for the casual night (he wore a tux on the formal night). I made him go back to the cabin and get a sports jacket. I wish we had been told that most men wear jackets so we could have been properly informed. On other ships we've sailed, it was expected to wear jackets even on casual nights in the alternative restaurant, but the maitre de lead us to believe that casual dress was the norm in Pinnacle Grill on casual night. Next time we'll know better.

Archived