Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

Bobed to answer your question regarding trash on the balconies...yes, sometimes you will find napkins, paper or a cigarette (YES). We had cabin 7203 on Constellation and thought it was the best balcony we ever had. Two lounge chairs, 4 chairs and a table and had 15 people for cocktails one night. Usually the trash was in the morning and I picked it up before breakfast. Having your cabin will over ride any annoyance! Enjoy!:D

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Having used the Thalassotherapy Pool for free on Summit recently I see there is a charge to use it on the Mercury. This is our next cruise so can anyone tell me how much it is at the moment.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]All I can find on their web is that there is a "small charge"[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Regards Alan [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='sweepy'][quote name='RB Bonzo']
Thanks very much. I did a bit of digging, as you advised, and have now arranged to buy stock. Thanks again:)[/quote]
see attached for what to do after you've booked!

banker

We also own RCL stock. Here's what my TA sent me:

"/The shareholder onboard credit is extended to guests who are holding

at least 100 shares of RCCL stock. They would need to either send as

attachment to the Shareholder in-box or fax to 305-982-4827, a copy of

there current brokerage statement or proxy card showing the ownership of

the stock. They need to list the reservation number along with ship and

sailing date/. "

If you want to email the statement as an attachment -- send to

shareholderbenefit@rccl.com.

Hope that helps.

Del in Dublin (CA USA that is)

Bobed to answer your question regarding trash on the balconies...yes, sometimes you will find napkins, paper or a cigarette (YES). We had cabin 7203 on Constellation and thought it was the best balcony we ever had. Two lounge chairs, 4 chairs and a table and had 15 people for cocktails one night. Usually the trash was in the morning and I picked it up before breakfast. Having your cabin will over ride any annoyance! Enjoy!:D

We have 7208 on the Constellation in April 2007 and we were a little concerned about all the stories we had read about trash on the balcony. Thank you for the information. Now I am even more excited about finally getting an aft cabin.

We have 7208 on the Constellation in April 2007 and we were a little concerned about all the stories we had read about trash on the balcony. Thank you for the information. Now I am even more excited about finally getting an aft cabin.

Didn't I read somewhere they were canceling the cruises for April to go to dry dock? was I dreaming?

Looking for the "secret" on e-mail on the Constellation. I understand you get an e-mail address. Is it inexpensive to send and recieve e-mail or do you have to buy internet minutes. I do not own a lap top.

Thank you. Constellation 1/08/07

I'm cruising on Infinity on 8/13.

My cruise book says that my e-mail is firstnamelastname@INFINITY.CelebrityAtSea.com

Shipboard e-mail charges are $2 per each outbound address or inbound message for the first 100kb of message. There is an additional charge for each additional 100kb of $1.

Alternatively, to access your own web e-mail, internet access is 75 cents per minute with the first minute and the last partial minute free.

You might could do a lot in that first minute!

I'm cruising on Infinity on 8/13.

My cruise book says that my e-mail is firstnamelastname@INFINITY.CelebrityAtSea.com

Shipboard e-mail charges are $2 per each outbound address or inbound message for the first 100kb of message. There is an additional charge for each additional 100kb of $1.

Alternatively, to access your own web e-mail, internet access is 75 cents per minute with the first minute and the last partial minute free.

You might could do a lot in that first minute!

Unfortunately that is definitely NOT the case. You can count on 3-5 minutes to VERY quickly scan your email and send one. That's about it.

It's very slow via sat. However, if you need to access email for work or pleasure (don't give me the "you're on a ship on vacation" line), best thing to do is to buy a package. Rates go down.

Bobbie

I don't know why or how, but my Blackberry got service nearly the entire time during my recent Alaska trip. The "roaming" charges amounted to about 15 dollars extra for the entire 13-day-trip. If you're thinking of spending hundreds of dollars for a package and e-mail is the goal (rather than other internet features), it may make more sense to buy a blackberry...

Unfortunately that is definitely NOT the case. You can count on 3-5 minutes to VERY quickly scan your email and send one. That's about it.

That's exactly correct. I checked my e-mail daily and got quite frustrated. Moving as fast as I could to scan the incoming and compose very brief outging still resulted in $10-$15 worth of charges. I did devise a strategy that let me cut that down substantially:

a) Get online and open your e-mail

b) Also open a session of Word

c) Quickly copy the text of any relevant e-mail and paste it into Word

d) Log off to stop the meter running

e) Take your time reading the e-mails and composing replies in Word

f) Log on and copy and paste the replies into e-mail and send them

g) Log back off and hold your breath waiting to see what the charges ring up to

Scott

I don't know why or how, but my Blackberry got service nearly the entire time during my recent Alaska trip. The "roaming" charges amounted to about 15 dollars extra for the entire 13-day-trip. If you're thinking of spending hundreds of dollars for a package and e-mail is the goal (rather than other internet features), it may make more sense to buy a blackberry...

I checked Verizon's website. Apparently there is cell service in all three ports of call (for me on Infinity) in Sitka, Ketchikan and Juneau Alaska. Maybe I'll be able to use my Windows Mobile e-mail and internet service. I'll update upon my return.

I checked Verizon's website. Apparently there is cell service in all three ports of call (for me on Infinity) in Sitka, Ketchikan and Juneau Alaska. Maybe I'll be able to use my Windows Mobile e-mail and internet service. I'll update upon my return.

My Blackberry is T-Mobile, but I had service ON THE SHIP nearly the entire time. I was e-mailing night and day (when I wanted to, but leaving it behind when I didn't want to be bothered).

We were on the Celebrity Constellation Baltic Capitals/St. Petersburg cruise 8/2004, and Constelation Southern Caribbean 1/2006. We had no problem composing and sending lengthy e-mails of our activities each day. We sent them to our daughter, who forwarded them to about 10 relatives and friends. The costs were very reasonable ( $1 or $ 2 per e-mail). We only received a few e-mail responses, but they were no problem either.

We had no "plan", and were just charged per e-mail. It was a great service.

We just got off the Constellation's Baltic tour and the email charges are outrageous. Seventy five cents a minute really adds up when the connection is so slow. There were times when I could not even get the emails to load (probably AOL fault also), but I still had to pay.

The other secret Celebrity does not tell you is that their television programs repeat over and over and over. . . And if you are on a two week cruise, week two programs are the same as week one. When I made a comment about this to our wonderful wait team, one of them said--think about us, we have to watch it for months! She certainly had a point.

We were on the Celebrity Constellation Baltic Capitals/St. Petersburg cruise 8/2004, and Constelation Southern Caribbean 1/2006. We had no problem composing and sending lengthy e-mails of our activities each day. We sent them to our daughter, who forwarded them to about 10 relatives and friends. The costs were very reasonable ( $1 or $ 2 per e-mail). We only received a few e-mail responses, but they were no problem either.

We had no "plan", and were just charged per e-mail. It was a great service.

Thank you J&D that is good news. It sounds like a good and fair service Celebrity provides for us. Constellation 1/08/07

Bill

We just got off the Constellation's Baltic tour and the email charges are outrageous. Seventy five cents a minute really adds up when the connection is so slow. There were times when I could not even get the emails to load (probably AOL fault also), but I still had to pay...
Perhaps, things have changed somewhat since we were on Constellation at the beginning of May this year. At that time, internet was $.75/minute but Email (which was separate from Internet) was a flat $2.00 for the first 100 kilobytes and $1.00 for each additional 100 kilobytes per message. ($2.00 for incoming and $2.00 for outgoing -- we never had more than 100 kilobytes per message). The maximum size per Email was 2 megabytes. What we experienced is the same information that is on the Celebrity OnLine site:

http://www.celebrityatsea.com/index.aspx?value=5

I really need to start reading documents more carefully. Until I followed the link provided above, I had no idea about this program.
I think we get information overload w/ our documents and then all the newsletters, advertisements, etc on boarding day. :eek:

I was using internet to check my AOL account for emails. Next time I will know. Thanks
From my understanding, Guest Relations should have reversed this for you if you let them know you were trying to do Emails as opposed to Internet. Sorry you had to experience a "live and learn" moment.

On the other hand you've now contributed another little known secret about Celebrity -- i.e. be aware that you don't need to use "Internet" to receive/send "Email".

Have a great next cruise virgenia :)

Archived