Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

Century has no T-pool, but it does have a Persian Garden. And don't miss having lunch in the AquaSpa, the food is freshly prepared and much better than the buffet. And if Century is at all like the M class ships, the AquaSpa will be much less crowded, too.
See you on the Century!
fsr44

[quote name='fsr44']Century has no T-pool, but it does have a Persian Garden. And don't miss having lunch in the AquaSpa, the food is freshly prepared and much better than the buffet. And if Century is at all like the M class ships, the AquaSpa will be much less crowded, too.
See you on the Century!
fsr44[/quote]

Thanks for the tip about lunch at the AquaSpa. What is the Persian Garden like? Is it worth signing up for the whole cruise?

FINALLY finished reading all 61 pages (whew!) and thought it deserved a bump.

For those who don't want to spend hours reading it all, there is a fairly complete compilation of tips on post 939 (?).

Thanks for the info everyone! Will definitely be putting some of these to good use. :D

Celeste

[quote name='MrsKinsey']FINALLY finished reading all 61 pages (whew!) and thought it deserved a bump.

For those who don't want to spend hours reading it all, there is a fairly complete compilation of tips on post 939 (?).

Thanks for the info everyone! Will definitely be putting some of these to good use. :D

Celeste[/quote]
Thanks for pointing this out. It is actually at post 938 on page 47. ;) Here is the link to that page: [URL]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=60920&page=47[/URL]

Gerry

• 2 months later...
whew!!! :p Thanks everyone.
My favorites:
I can ask my butler for almond crossiants and waffles.
I can ask for something different then the little appetizer plates, like shrimp cocktail.
Thanks for the info on the email situation, since I know my husband will want to check his a few times.
Thanks for the tip on the sashimi, I know we'll definately take advantage of that one.
We'll definately have cappachinos delivered to our room. (and I'm going to try those coconut pastries too)
If I'm too full at dinner, I'll have dessert sent to our suite.
I will check out the Spa Pool this time.

My tip: (and I don't think I saw this) If you would like to have a cocktail on your balcony and you have managed to :eek: bring a bottle in your bag, have your butler bring you a few glasses of different juices to mix. Sometimes they can even get you pineapple!:D

[quote name='Donnaluv2cruise']whew!!! :p Thanks everyone.
My favorites:
I can ask my butler for almond crossiants and waffles.
I can ask for something different then the little appetizer plates, like shrimp cocktail.
Thanks for the info on the email situation, since I know my husband will want to check his a few times.
Thanks for the tip on the sashimi, I know we'll definately take advantage of that one.
We'll definately have cappachinos delivered to our room. (and I'm going to try those coconut pastries too)
If I'm too full at dinner, I'll have dessert sent to our suite.
I will check out the Spa Pool this time.

My tip: (and I don't think I saw this) If you would like to have a cocktail on your balcony and you have managed to :eek: bring a bottle in your bag, have your butler bring you a few glasses of different juices to mix. Sometimes they can even get you pineapple!:D[/quote]

Do you have to be in a suite to get these extras?

I have been in CC before and gotten the chocolate croissants before, but what about the cappachino? Is there a charge for this?

From what I've read you do have to be in a suite for the free cappachinos. Although I think I've read you can get them in the dining room.
We've only been on Celebrity once, on the Constellation. We booked a CC but when we checked in were taken to the room next door, which was a Sky Suite. Needless to say, we were a little lost because we had no idea we would be having the perks that go along with it, so we hadn't read up on it before hand. Now we're spoiled, so we've booked one! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi -
We have never stayed in a suite ... we usually just book a balcony cabin. However, anyone can have those yummy almond croissants! They are served each morning in the Cova Cafe, and they are free. Cova Cafe also has a wide variety of pastries (including lovely individual ham & cheese quiche) which you can then take to your room or up to the buffet on Deck 10. (This is on Infinity, Millennium, Summit and Constellation). The Cova will only charge for coffee in that area.

So, take it to your room or the buffet and enjoy these goodies for free! The Cova Cafe also has wonderful goodies in the afternoon.

Enjoy!
Liz

• 2 weeks later...
I just contacted Mike Zahrte of RCCL to receive my shipboard credit for owning 100 shares of RCL. He is no longer the person responsible for this program but he sent me a flyer which provides all the instructions needed to receive your credits. He's a nice guy and I hated to think of him having to respond to these requests over and over because of this board. Here's the part of the file he sent me that you will need:

[FONT=Times-Roman]Below you will find an exclusive shareholder benefit for an onboard credit that can be redeemed for an array of[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]spectacular onboard services and amenities–for your personal enjoyment. Take advantage of this benefit as many[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]times as you like each and every time you set sail on one of our fabulous ships.[/FONT]
[B][FONT=Times-Bold] [/FONT][/B]
[CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Times-Bold]Shareholder Benefit[/FONT][/B][/CENTER][/CENTER]
[B][FONT=Times-Bold] [/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Times-Bold]$250 [/FONT][/B][FONT=Times-Roman]Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.[/FONT]
[B][FONT=Times-Bold]$200 [/FONT][/B][FONT=Times-Roman]Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.[/FONT]
[B][FONT=Times-Bold]$100 [/FONT][/B][FONT=Times-Roman]Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.[/FONT]
[B][FONT=Times-Bold]$50 [/FONT][/B][FONT=Times-Roman]Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman] [/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]Onboard credit is valid for any cruise vacation on Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises (excludes[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]any sailings on the Celebrity Xpedition[/FONT][FONT=Times-Roman]SM [/FONT][FONT=Times-Roman]and any sailings offered under the Celebrity Xpeditions[/FONT][FONT=Times-Roman]SM [/FONT][FONT=Times-Roman]program).[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]Reservations must be booked no later than May 1, 2007. Additional terms and conditions apply.*[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]This benefit is offered exclusively to shareholders that directly own a minimum of 100 shares of Royal Caribbean[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]Cruises Ltd. at time of booking. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]To take advantage of this offer, please mail the following items to Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., Investor Benefit, P.O. Box 02511, Miami, FL 33102-5511:[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]• A photocopy of your shareholder proxy card or a current brokerage statement[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]showing proof of ownership of at least 100 shares of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]• Your name (the owner of the 100 shares will receive the onboard credit)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]• Your home address, telephone number and e-mail address[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]• Your ship and sailing date[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]• Your confirmation number[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]• Your Captain’s Club or Crown & Anchor Society Number (if any)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]Alternatively, you may fax all the required documentation (in a single fax) to 305/539-4645 or email jpeg images[/FONT]
[FONT=Times-Roman]of all required documentation to [/FONT][I][FONT=Times-Italic]shareholderbenefit@rccl.com[/FONT][/I][FONT=Times-Roman].[/FONT]

Wow!!:D I finally finished reading this thread. We have not sailed Celebrity since 2002. We just recently booked a 5 night Century for Spring Break/Easter of 2008. This thread was a great way to familiarize myself with Celebrity once again.

Incredible thread! Thanks so much to all you seasoned Celebrity cruisers for sharing your wealth of knowledge! I'll be heading out on my very first cruise in July of 08 on the Millenium in Alaska and this info will certainly come in handy. Thanks again!

One tip I found out on the ships is that you can also get a New York Sirloin Steak every night, and it's grilled to perfection. I also believe snails is available every night as well.. I don't even want to try spelling the most common name... Another secret is that if your on a roll away bed and it happens to sink in the middle of the bed then you can ask your room attendent to put another matteress on top of it and after that I slept like a baby.. Long time ago though. Another secret is that almost anyone can sneak into the restricted spa and pool area in the aqua spa if you know the right entrances.. I think that's about all I know. I had a CC suite a few weeks ago and had no idea what the appetizers were so didn't eat any of them and now I know I could have asked for something else. Wonderful.. Best Pizza and pasta in the back of the ship where the indoor pools are on M-Class ships, and the hamburgers are the best at the poolside grill.. Also you can get whatever toppings you want on your ice cream instead of jsut one or two you can get as many as you want just ask.. I think that's about it.

[quote name='BananaAnna']Compilation at post 938 on page 47. Here is the link to that page: [URL="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=60920&page=47"]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/sho...=60920&page=47[/URL][/QUOTE]

For those of us with with 40 posts per page it is page 24 - I don't think the signatures have anything to do with it, Muushka, but I haven't checked.

I am guessing that BananaAnna has her posts set to 20 per page.

[quote name='LoveSt.Thomas']One tip I found out on the ships is that you can also get a New York Sirloin Steak every night, and it's grilled to perfection. I also believe snails is available every night as well.. I don't even want to try spelling the most common name... Another secret is that if your on a roll away bed and it happens to sink in the middle of the bed then you can ask your room attendent to put another matteress on top of it and after that I slept like a baby.. Long time ago though. [B]Another secret is that almost anyone can sneak into the restricted spa and pool area in the aqua spa if you know the right entrances.. [/B]I think that's about all I know. I had a CC suite a few weeks ago and had no idea what the appetizers were so didn't eat any of them and now I know I could have asked for something else. Wonderful.. Best Pizza and pasta in the back of the ship where the indoor pools are on M-Class ships, and the hamburgers are the best at the poolside grill.. Also you can get whatever toppings you want on your ice cream instead of jsut one or two you can get as many as you want just ask.. I think that's about it.[/quote]

The rest of your suggestions are great, but that one isn't appropriate. We shouldn't promote stealing, and that is essentially what it is to use an amenity that you don't pay for...

Secrets: the Aqua spa option on Celebrity, hardly visited on our cruises and we worry that it might go away. Incredible food choices--shrimp skewers several times on our 14 nighter; you have to look for the cooked to order menu item of the day or ask, there are luscious healthy choices just sitting out for "help yourself" that include salads, desserts, main courses, lovely and quiet area to eat and eager service

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='dogboy']Are there any 'secret' shortcuts on the Constellation to get around ship faster?[/QUOTE]

you can move from forward to aft much more quickly, often by walking through on a cabin deck vs. a public deck (for instance, after dinner, go to 8 and cross to the front and go back down for the theatre.

I just couldn't let this marvelous thread sail off the boards without thanking everyone for their input and maybe giving it just a little bump!;)

Marlee

[quote name='erni']Bought 100 shares of stock on Tuesday 4/18 for a cruise we are taking on 4/28/06. Faxed info to Celebrity 4/19 - $200 shipboard credit was issued to our account on 4/20. Of course on Thurs. morning it was down $100 but now it is at a profit of $107. Had to laugh when it went down $100 - thought this was a gread idea.

So - even when buying the stock even 10 days before a cruise is not to late to buy.[/QUOTE]

My parents bought RCCL stock the morning of their cruise and with a lot of calling around, that shareholders' credit was in the system before they set sail at 5pm. I wouldn't recommend it though unless you have a helpful stockbroker. Kudos to RCCL for getting the credits to the shareholders so quickly.

Archived