Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

BOB : My wife Ellen and I decided to try the pancake this evening.It came out great.

We live in Toronto and we first had the pancake when we were in the US and had breakfast at the Original Pancake House in Buffalo. We love it. They also make a version with sliced apples.

Thanks again for the recipe. Maybe one day we will be on the same cruise and I will be able to thank you in person.

Michael

BOB : My wife Ellen and I decided to try the pancake this evening.It came out great.

We live in Toronto and we first had the pancake when we were in the US and had breakfast at the Original Pancake House in Buffalo. We love it. They also make a version with sliced apples.

Thanks again for the recipe. Maybe one day we will be on the same cruise and I will be able to thank you in person.

Michael

Dear Michael:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. There are many ways to use the Puffy German Pancake and one additional way is to eliminate the sugar, and cook it in beef drippings instead of butter. What you'll end up with is a delightful Yorkshire Pudding.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Hey,

I went down this afternoon to check out the Mercury at Canada Place in Vancouver (a little pre-cruise tease for our November cruise to Hawaii). I ask two different cruise staff (by yelling across from the pier) whether they served lunch today (embarkation day). Both staff replied that they did! I am somewhat sure they understood my question over the noise of the ship getting ready to leave.

In any case, that should be one more piece of evidence that there is a chance to eat lunch in the dining room on embarkation day.

I can't wait to cruise... 114 days... aargh!

Bill

Hey,

I went down this afternoon to check out the Mercury at Canada Place in Vancouver (a little pre-cruise tease for our November cruise to Hawaii). I ask two different cruise staff (by yelling across from the pier) whether they served lunch today (embarkation day). Both staff replied that they did! I am somewhat sure they understood my question over the noise of the ship getting ready to leave.

In any case, that should be one more piece of evidence that there is a chance to eat lunch in the dining room on embarkation day.

Bill

Thanks Bill!!! I was beginning to wonder if my memory was failing me with regard to having lunch in the dining room on embarkation day after soooo many Celebrity vets said they have never seen it!

Maybe its just Mercury that does this??? Who knows.... I am amazed that my "little" secret though has gone through 2 or 3 pages of discussion though!:eek:

We will all have to keep up with this isssue and post our results here!:D

My Connie secret is that it is simply awesome.

I think the best thing is the Thassolatherapy pool. No kids are allowed and its truly a spa like heaven. Oh..frog legs in white wine sauce..yum..

Also, to go from one side of the ship to another, its faster to go through a deck of only cabins..avoiding lots of people.

Daph

Wow' date=' what a lot of useful information! I went through all 45 pages and cut and pasted my own "Celebrity Secrets" email to send to the rest of my party.[/color']

!!

Could I please get a copy of the list? Sounds like a lot of great info. Thanks for compiling it...! N.real2 at verizon.net

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but if you are eating breakfast or lunch in the main dining room and don't wish to be joined by people outside your party, take the napkins off the place settings at the empty seats and lay them flat. No one else will be seated at "your" table.

AZAMARA: One of my new friends,who I met on Cruise critc and who will be sailing with a number of us on the Connie for their Xmas-New Year's cruise Dec.2008, just finished a cruise on the Journey. She has reported that the ship is great. She is of the opinion that the food is better than on the larger Celebrity ships. She feels that maybe with a smaller size ship that more dollars are spent per passenger on food.

Michael

Wow great tips- Long reading, glad I started early! (Feel like I just read half the internet.

I will be on the Summit Aug 10th (Alaska) We will try to board early and see about lunch!

Lunch in the dining room on embarcation day must be new. We were on Mercury last Jan. and the lunch venues listed in the program are Palm Springs Cafe and Grill (buffet), pizza/pasta corner and the poolside grill.

The dining room was closed for lunch on port days "....so that we may present an expanded buffet luncheon in the Palm Springs Cafe."

Hey,

Bill

Bill

any chance of checking out the noise above Cabin CC1000 that is the Gymnasium as on a cruise I never use one

we are going down under in January

There are a few others on this thread coming as well

are you keeping well Kathie

Eluned & David

Lunch in the dining room on embarcation day must be new. We were on Mercury last Jan. and the lunch venues listed in the program are Palm Springs Cafe and Grill (buffet), pizza/pasta corner and the poolside grill.

The dining room was closed for lunch on port days "....so that we may present an expanded buffet luncheon in the Palm Springs Cafe."

We've done some investigative work to get to the bottom of this. Donald (Celebrotymania) checked it out on the July 27th sailing, and there was NO lunch in the dining room on embarkation day:( .

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived