Hotel in San Diego

lgoldst801

Holiday Inn on the Bay (not "Bayside"---that's a different property). It's directly across the street from the pier---you can even hear the PA system the morning your ship comes in.

There's a complimentary shuttle from the airport, and they will also drive you to the pier when you're ready to check out.

There's a restaurant in the hotel itself---breakfast was delicious. And a Ruth's Chris restaurant on the property if you want dinner there.

The Holiday Inn is great if you can book it, but sometimes it books solid ... and early. Sadly, I didn't buy early enough to get into the Holiday Inn for March 12 pre-cruise.

For somewhat more one can get a nice view of the bay from the Manchester Grand Hyatt. It's farther away from the Pier, but it's a VERY nice hotel and the rooms have windows that open AND, if you get a bay room high up you get a GREAT side-view of the ships coming in and going out. I'm in hopes of getting good shots of the Ryndam approaching on March 13th.

We are in the Holiday Inn (across from the pier) as mentioned by RuthC and Revneal....

Revneal - we will miss each other by a few days... sadly. :confused:

I guess we'll have to look for you next on the Eurodam. :)

I agree with the others, HolidayInn would be the ideal.

Greg, I won't be on the cruise with you either but I am currently in a "Holding Pattern" for an extended business trip to Plano for the next 3 or more months. I plan on stopping by your church to see and hear one of your sermons at least. I actually should be there already but there were issues that needed to be worked out.

-Bob

We just got back from San Diego after the 15 day Pananma Canal cruise on the Volendam. We stayed four nights in the LaQuinta in Old Town. The hotel was very clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. It was a few minutes walk from wonderful restaurants in Old Town. It was about a 10 minute cab ride to both the airport & cruise terminal. We really enjoyed it and plan to stay there whenever we sail from San Diego.

We stayed in the Best Western Bayside - just a couple of blocks up from the pier. They have a shuttle for the airport and the pier. From the Best Western we walked to the Maritime Museum and to Little Italy. We ate at the Waterfront Saloon - just burgers and beer but it was fun. The oldest bar in San Diego. We took a cab to the zoo - it was about $8 I think. The price was less than the Holiday Inn.

Archived