Help on "OLD" ship

ArizonaRalphie

I'm trying to get Captain's Circle credit for a cruise I took in January or February of 1991. The cruise was the Mexican Riviera and I believe the ship was the "Dream." Was there a ship called the Princess Dream? Any idea if if sailed the Mexican Riviera? Now all I need to do is find our what my telephone number was in 1991 and I could have it made.

Ralph

I don't recall any Princess ship named Dream.

There is a ship, Norwegian Dream, which before she was stretched, was called Dreamward. I don't recall if she was on the West Coast, but her sister was. Sister is now Norwegian Wind, was Windward before stretch.

We took to Windward Vancouver to Los Angeles, in fall of 94.

You might want to pose your question to Host Doug Newman, over on the "whatever happened to..." board. He is quite a whiz on old ships, and their history.

You may be thinking of the old Dawn Princess - we did the Mexican Rivera on her in 1989 so that may be the same one.

Good luck with the change - I haven't had any luck getting my husbands and my accounts to coincide. We always cruise together and he has one more cruise than I listed and the Capt. Circle person on the ships can't seem to make the change without further documentation. We don't have anything dated back that far. :confused:

We are both Platinum now, but when we get Elite, he will be there one cruise before me unless we do the 102 cruise since they are counting days now!!! Frustrating at times but we enjoy the perks!!

I'm trying to get Captain's Circle credit for a cruise I took in January or February of 1991. The cruise was the Mexican Riviera and I believe the ship was the "Dream." Was there a ship called the Princess Dream? Any idea if if sailed the Mexican Riviera? Now all I need to do is find our what my telephone number was in 1991 and I could have it made.

Ralph

I found a list of cruise ships that dates back that far. Not sure how complete it is, but it seems to have quite a few. I couldn't find any ship in the Princess fleet at that time by that name. You might have a look, it might come to mind if you see it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cruise_ships

Best of Luck!

I don't know, it's still a mystery to me. Could have been the Dawn Princess but according to Wikipedia that didn't go into service until 1993. I was not married to my current wife at the time, so naturally I don't have any photos or stuff. I'll keep plugging along. The Captain's Circle representative on the Tahitian Princess told me that if I could remember my telephone number at the time, it would help a bit. But, alas, I'm blank there too.

Ralph

Some times the library in a town might have old telephone directories. You might check the library where you were living at the time. Some times there are city directories that are kept with addresses and phone numbers. Those that work on genealogy often use these types of sources.

If you haven't call the Captain Circle and speak with them about it. Often those working the Captain Circle desk on the ships are "clueless".

Good Luck!

Dawn Princess 1 was actually brought into the Princess fleet during the Sitmar purchase. It was originally a Stimar ship and the name was changed to Dawn Princess when she joined the fleet – this would have been mid to late 80s.

Archived