Journey and Quest

Sky Sweet

At first I was very excited about Journey and Quest. However, I have read a number of reviews about this type of ship indicating that they do not handle rough seas well. Is there anyone else who is reluctant to book a cruise on these ships because of this factor.

Smaller ships are more sensitive to rough seas, you'll definitely feel more motion. I personally never get sea sick, and have fond memories of a cruise on another R-class ship (Tahitian Princess) so am looking forward to cruising Journey in January 2008!

Floris

At first I was very excited about Journey and Quest. However, I have read a number of reviews about this type of ship indicating that they do not handle rough seas well. Is there anyone else who is reluctant to book a cruise on these ships because of this factor.

I have been on these ships between Ren and Oceania over 20 times and would not sail any other kind of ship if I could help it..Had some rough seas a couple of times but I dont get seasick so it was wonderful.

Jan

I have been on Oceania's ships three times and only once was it rough enough to cause problems. This was on the Irish sea and I think any ship would have had problems that night. These ships are luxurious and intimate. The staff will know you by the middle of the cruise. The food is much better since they are cooking for fewer guests. They can get into areas the bigger ships can't manage. You will get to know more of your fellow passengers. The average age on Oceania and from what I am told on Journey will be 40's to senior citizen and there will be few if any children (with the exception of the first few months on Journey when they will have the Zenith passengers transferred on). I personally love them and try only to sail on them.

On the other hand, if you like Las Vegas style shows, rock climbing walls and lots of different places to rock the night away - these ships are not for you. The entertainment is lowkey and the bars tend more towards martinis and string quartets. I guess it is all what you prefer.

Karen

ColquittCruise1

Not at all. Rough seas don't bother me. Besides, I saw the Quest(Blue Dream) in Aruba, she is going to make a grand addition to the fleet.. From what I have heard from friends who were on her, she is magnificent on the inside. Even has working fireplaces.

Archived