2008 Europe / Transatlantic Itineraries Here!! L@@k!!

Commodore Suzy

2008 Princess Europe Deployment

Sailings will open 3/24/07 according to the Princess press announcement to TAs. The announcement is a blurry fax with very small print, so typos should be expected. Don’t lynch me if a 16 is really an 18 or visa versa! J

What to do on 3/24/07: It's actual humans putting these itineraries in the 'system' at Princess, so they may or may not hit this exact date, but they try. On this date you need to CALL Princess or your TA. Their website will NOT be instantly updated.

Please DO NOT ask me to contact you, do not give me your contact info, and do not ask or discuss prices at all on this thread. This thread is informational ONLY and any mention of these things will cause this entire thread to be removed. Please take this info, and go forth and contact your own TA for more info.

I will check in periodically on it to see if there are questions I'm allowed to answer, but I'm a TA and it's VERY VERY important that you follow the Cruise Critic rules and not give any kind of contact info here on the boards. It would be unfair to everyone.

Crown Princess will do a 15-night Western Europe Transatlantic on 5/5/08 from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Copenhagen.

From 5/20/08 – 9/7/08 she’ll do 10-night Scandinavia / Russia cruises. This is the exact same itinerary that the Star Princess is doing in 2007. Most cruises included Oslo. On 6/26/08, 7/19/08 and 8/8/08 she’ll have a stop for Berlin instead of Oslo.

9/17/08 she sails 18-nights from Copenhagen to FLL through Iceland and Greenland

Emerald Princess will do a 18-night Mediterranean Transatlantic from FLL to Barcelona 4/14/08.

She will then have Princess’ usual 12-night Mediterranean itineraries we’re used to seeing year after year and she is doing in 2007.

4/30, 5/12, 5/24 she’ll do “Grand Mediterranean” from Barcelona to Venice or reverse

6/5 Greek Isles

6/17 Greek Isles & Mediterranean

6/29, 7/11 Grand Mediterranean

7/23 Greek Isles

8/4 Greek Isles & Mediterranean

8/16, 8/28, 9/9, 9/21 Grand Mediterranean

10/3 18-night Mediterranean Transatlantic from Venice to Fort Lauderdale

Grand Princess 4/12/08 20-night “Three Continents Transatlantic” from FLL to Rome (Civitavecchia) Stops are in Caribbean, South America, Africa, Med. Similar to Royal’s in 11/07 I believe, but reverse.

Grand will sail a wide variety of 12-night itineraries. Of all of these only British Isles says ‘enhanced’. That means to me that if you look up these same itinerary names in 2007 you’ll see the ports for 2008.

5/2/08 Greek Isles & Mediterranean Rome to Venice

5/14/08 Greek Isles

5/26/08 European Explorer Rome to Southampton

RT (round-trip) Southampton for a while below:

6/7/08 British Isles 6/19/08 North Cape & Norwegian Fjords

7/1/08 British Isles

7/13/08 North Cape & Norwegian Fjords

7/25/08 British Isles

8/6/08 Iceland, Norway & British Isles

8/18/08 British Isles

8/30/08 European Explorer from Southampton to Rome

9/11/08 Greek Isles & Mediterranean Rome to Venice

9/23/08 Greek Isles

10/6/08 Egypt & Aegean

10/17/08 Greek Isles & Mediterranean Rome to Venice

10/29/08 Greek Isles

11/10/08 Egypt & Aegean

11/22/08 21 night “Three Continents Transatlantic” from Rome to FLL

Pacific Princess 4/22/08 “Mediterranean Rivieras” 16 nights from Southampton to Venice. This is a new itinerary, so the ports listed are: Le Harve, Lisbon, Gibraltar, Barcelona, St. Tropez, Livarno, Rome, Sorrento/Capri, Albenia / Sarando? (can’t read it), Dubrovnik, Venice overnight

Then a series of 12-night cruises on familiar itineraries:

5/8, 5/20/08 Holy Land from Venice to Athens and then Athens to Rome on the second one

6/1, 6/13 Mediterranean Collection Rome to Venice, then reverse

6/25/08 Holy Land Rome to Athens

7/7/08 Crimean & Aegean Coasts Athens to Rome

7/19, 7/31 Mediterranean Collection Rome to Venice then reverse

8/12 Mediterranean Mosaic Rome RT

8/24 Mediterranean Collection Rome to Venice

9/5 Holy Land Venice to Athens

9/17 Crimean & Aegean Coasts Athens to Rome

9/29 Mediterranean Collection Rome to Venice

10/11, 10/23, 11/4, 11/16 Holy Land Venice to Athens and then back and forth

11/28/08 21-night Passage to the Amazon new itinerary Venice to Manaus ….. Split, Naples, Rome, Casablanca, Benjui, three ports in the Amazon after crossing Atlantic

Royal Princess – All new itineraries

4/28/08 23-night “Scandinavia & Russia Transatlantic” FLL to Stockholm. Azores, Lisbon, Cork, Dartmouth, Le Havre, Harwich, Amsterdam, Kiel Canal Transit, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Stockholm

Followed by 6 “Classical Europe” 16-night sailings that go from Stockholm to Rome or reverse. The ports are: Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Kiel Canal, Amsterdam, Dover, Le Havre, Lisbon, Cannes, Livorno, Rome (Civitavecchia)

5/21/08, 6/6, 6/22, 7/8, 7/24, 8/9

8/25/08 21-night “North Atlantic Explorer” from Stockholm to Montreal. The ports are: Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Bomholm, Copenhagen, Oslo, Scripter, Farce Islands, Reykjavik, Nuuk, Qaqortoq, St. Anthony, Corner Brook, Quebec City, Montreal

Sea Princess is back doing her usual collection of sailings round-trip from Southampton. No new itineraries. 14-nights unless noted otherwise.

4/12/08 Tropical Transatlantic from Barbados to Southampton

4/28/08 Mediterranean Adventurer

5/10 Mediterranean Medley

5/24 7 night Iberian Interlude

5/31 Mediterranean Adventurer

6/14 Mediterranean Medley

6/28 Mediterranean Adventurer

7/12 7 night Scandinavia

7/19 Mediterranean Medley

8/2 Mediterranean Adventurer

8/16 Mediterranean Medley

8/30 Iceland & Greenland Transatlantic from Southampton to New York

---

Princess announces their itineraries for the following year (which is 5/08 - 4/09 in this case) by 'trade'. Meaning, Europe is a 'trade', Alaska is a 'trade', Mexico is a 'trade', etc. Basically, geographic areas get announced in chunks. They tend to announce something every few weeks from this March one for Europe out to August for Panama. They generally run in approximately this order, but they really flipped it around last year so there's no telling how it'll come out this year:

Europe

Caribbean summer only

Alaska gulf 1-way cruises and cruisetours

Hawaii summer and Tahiti all year

Alaska round-trip cruises

Exotics - South America, Asia, Australia, Hawaii, Transpacific, Canada & New Engaland

Caribbean 10/08 - 4/09

Mexico

Panama & Coastals

I will post each deployment instantly when I see it, as I'm an addicted cruiser too and I know you're interested!

Any idea what is "enhanced" on the British Isles itinerary for the Grand? How it differs from this year's trips?

Two ports gone (Holyhead and Kirkwall) and two new are in (Cork and Liverpool)

The itinerary for the new British Isles is: Southampton, St. Peter Port, Cork, Dublin, Liverpool, Belfast, Glasgow, Inverness, Edinburgh, La Havre, Southampton

Should have written that one originally, as I try to write new itineraires, but I was in a hurry to get it posted. :)

Thanks.........we are coming back to Princess in the fall of 2008 and hope to book Hawaii on the Diamond if itineraries are the same as 2007.......look forward to your releases as they become available.......

Thanks again.

Two ports gone (Holyhead and Kirkwall) and two new are in (Cork and Liverpool)

The itinerary for the new British Isles is: Southampton, St. Peter Port, Cork, Dublin, Liverpool, Belfast, Glasgow, Inverness, Edinburgh, La Havre, Southampton

Should have written that one originally, as I try to write new itineraires, but I was in a hurry to get it posted. :)

Thanks! :)

Thanks Suzy,

We sailed the British Isles in 06' and want to do it again. Do you know if Liverpool is a new port for Princess? I don't see it listed on their website. I was looking to see what they had listed there for shore excursions and they don't even list Liverpool.:(

Thanks,

Anne

THANKS Suzy, guess we'll have another three weeks to wait until booking but it gives us something to "dream" about and makes planning a little easier. The weather here today sure makes you want to 'book that cruise". . . . . . . . . .

Thanks Suzy,

Do you know if Liverpool is a new port for Princess? I don't see it listed on their website. I was looking to see what they had listed there for shore excursions and they don't even list Liverpool.:(

Thanks,

Anne

Yes, new for Princess at least compared to 2007. They might have done it in a prior year, but there is no info / I don't recall that.

You might try www.cunard.com. Remember, Cunard and Princess are run from the same headquarters office and often have similar shore excursions. If Cunard has Liverpool (no idea if they do or not), Princess will likely use the same shore excursion vendors / offer the same things.

Thanks for posting. Any info on Baltic Cruises?

It's there... Crown Princess.

Thanks Suzy :)

The itinerary for Iceland,Norway and British Isles 2008 will be like 22.06.2007 itinerary? or i'm wrong? :)

Unless I made mention of it being different, you can presume they're the same as the prior year with the same itinerary name.

OK... the multi-quote thing didn't pick up all the things I was trying to answer. Will have to try that again! ;)

Any idea what ship(if any) will be sailing from NYC in 2008?

They don't sail from NY to Europe usually? Maybe you missed the last part of the post? This is only the announcement for Europe and Transatlantic sailings. Other trades, such as Caribbean or Canada & New England, will be announced by Princess later in the year. I always post here on CC the minute I see the news though, so watch for posts by me throughout the coming months.

Thanks Suzy for all the info. Do you know what ports the Trans- Atlantic on the Emerald will visit before arriving in Barcelona?

I'll get back to you...left the papers on the Emerald downstairs where my family is sleeping in. ;)

Thank you for your posting...you list the two european explorer cruises on the grand as 12 day cruises which is shorter than the 2007 15-day ones - is that correct and if so, what ports have been dropped?

Rome, Florence, Cannes, Barcelona, Gibraltar, Casablanca, Seville, Lisbon, Vigo, La Havre, Southampton is the new one

You can let me know what's different. ;) The press announcement I am reading from is just easier to tell you than trying to figure out how it's different.

--

Transatlantic on Emerald before Barcelona:

FLL, Madeira, Seville, Gibraltar, Sardinia, Rome, Florence, Marselle, Barcelona

Suzy thanks for posting all of that information it is great for us to know to start planning the next year's cruising season. I in particular love that new Royal Princess North Atlantic cruise from Stockholm to Montreal! Great for us eastern Canadians to be able to just fly one way and then get home so easily. I don't every recall Princess in Montreal, how great is that?

http://www.cunard.com/Destinations/ShoreExcursions.asp?Region=11&sub=se

WALES & CHESTERTravel the Welsh border country on a scenic drive that visits Llangollen, famed for its international festival. Explore the historic city of Chester and tour its 10th century cathedral. (more...)Approximate duration: 9 hoursAdult Price: n/a / Child Price: n/a

A TASTE OF CHESTERChester was founded by the Romans in the first century A.D. Your visit includes a narrated panoramic drive about the city. Visit the 10th century cathedral and enjoy free time for independent sightsee (more...)Approximate duration: 7 1/2 hoursAdult Price: n/a / Child Price: n/a

IN THE STEPS OF THE BEATLESSee Penny Lane and Strawberry Field on a narrated drive about town. Walk up Matthew Street and view Beatles monuments and the New Cavern Club. Visit the multimedia ‘The Beatle Story’ exhibit and explo (more...)Approximate duration: 3 1/4 hoursAdult Price: n/a / Child Price: n/a

CITY OF CULTURE & SPEKE HALLSurvey the city sights on a narrated panoramic drive about town. Visit the city’s two cathedrals and tour Speke Hall. This superb example of Tudor architecture has remained virtually unaltered since t (more...)Approximate duration: 3 1/2 hoursAdult Price: n/a / Child Price: n/a

ANFIELD - THE LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB EXPERIENCERelive the glorious history of Liverpool Football Club on a behind-the-scenes tour of Anfield Stadium. (more...)Approximate duration: 4 hoursAdult Price: n/a / Child Price: n/a

THE CUNARD & PIER HEAD HERITAGE WALKING TRAILExperience Liverpool’s maritime heritage on a walking tour of Pier Head, a World Heritage Site. Tour the Cunard Building and visit the Merseyside Maritime Museum at Albert Dock. (more...)Approximate duration: 3 hoursAdult Price: n/a / Child Price: n/a

VILLAGE OF PORT SUNLIGHT & LADY LEVER ART GALLERYCross the Mersey River to the Wirral Peninsula. Visit Port Sunlight, a model workers’ village created by soap magnate William Lever. Tour the Lady Lever Gallery, which boasts a superb collection of En (more...)Approximate duration: 3 1/2 hoursAdult Price: n/a / Child Price: n/a

A TUDOR DELIGHT - RUFFORD OLD HALLSurvey the city sights on a panoramic drive about town. Visit Rufford Old Hall, an old Tudor country house that may have once witnessed a performance by William Shakespeare. (more...)Approximate duration: 4 hoursAdult Price: n/a / Child Price: n/a

Archived