Your 1st Rccl Cruise...

When and on which ship... for us it was in december of 1991 on the monarch of the sea's...it was only her 3rd voyage and the thing creeked like no tommorrow but is was fantastico...in fact the next yr 1992 we took a 10 cruise on the nordic prince of blessed memory...she was a pure beauty...small and the staff mingled with all of the passangers all the time...the romance was then on and we have been with rccl 9 more times since and on 13 total cruises since 1991...i don't call it a sickness but rather a privledge...the privledge continues on 3-18-07 ADVENTURE OF THE SEA'S...sip'n and smil'n on the adventure 2007.,..

First RCCL cruise,

I won a contest and got a free cruise on the Viking Serenade out of San Pedro, CA in March of 1998.

We had already done 12 other cruises on many different lines, so we had a lot of cruise lines to compare with RCCL. When we took the RCCL cruise, we found we loved the service and the friendly staff so much that we knew this would be our choice from then on. We have done 9 cruises on RCCL and have our 10th booked since that first one on the Viking Serenade.

Shame on us. :o We did stray from RCCL twice since 1998 to do 2 Hawaiian cruises on the now out of business American Hawaii Cruise lines.

Our very first RCI cruise was on Monarch in November. It was in 1997 and it was truly amazing. It was so good that we booked the same cruise on Monarch for May of 1998. We found out that there is such a thing as real orange juice served in the mornings. You see our first cruise was on the Costa Victoria, and they served watered down Tang for breakfast in their version of the Windjammer.

Our head waiter was Francois Wache who is now the Hotel Director on Splendour. Boy, could that man make a mean pasta dish for lunch!!

Just can't get enough of RCI...........love spending our son's inheritance!

My first Royal Caribbean cruise was on the Sovereign of the Seas out of Port Canaveral, Florida on July 9, 2000. We fell in love with that ship and Royal Caribbean. We knew nothing about cruising before that cruise, we didn't even know which ship was ours when we drove up to the port :p ! Sovereign had just been repositioned to Port Canaveral from Miami and they were still working out the kinks, so said the crew, but we saw no faults. We were in awe of the ship and we had the time of our lives. Since that cruise, we have been on the Carnival Imagination, Voyager of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas, and Navigator of the Seas- none of which were as special as that first cruise. We have loved all of our cruises, but none of them will hold the special place in our hearts that the first cruise does. We are doing the same cruise as our first cruise in 29 days. It will be fun to see how everything has changed.

My first cruise was on the Monarch out of San Juan. Just looked up the sail date because I saved my boarding documents. It was 5/3/98 so it looks like I was cruising with Jim and Patti. (I was with the crazy crew that dressed its race horse in dreadlocks.) It was an an all expenses paid Company trip. My first cabin was a Junior Suite. Because of a Delta mix-up, I even flew first class to San Juan. What an introduction and boy was I ever hooked!

My first cruise was on the Monarch out of San Juan. Just looked up the sail date because I saved my boarding documents. It was 5/3/98 so it looks like I was cruising with Jim and Patti. (I was with the crazy crew that dressed its race horse in dreadlocks.) It was an an all expenses paid Company trip. My first cabin was a Junior Suite. Because of a Delta mix-up, I even flew first class to San Juan. What an introduction and boy was I ever hooked!

OMG....I remember that horse.:D BTW, did it win or not? Small world. That was our second encounter of flying into and sailing out of San Juan............what an experience.:(

Sun Viking in the early 90's out of San Juan. We thought it was great, and there was nothing like it. Looking back, what a small boat that was! But, we had a great table, and had a ball. lt was enough to give us the cruisin' bug.

Empress of the Seas in September of 2004. It was an 8 day sailing to Bermuda and we had extremely rough seas both going and returning to Cape Liberty. Besides that we had a great cruise and wonderful service. Another thing I'll always remember is the attacking shower curtain in the tiny bathroom. Those were the good old days. Hopefully we'll be able to sail on her one more time before she leaves the fleet.

When and on which ship... for us it was in december of 1991 on the monarch of the sea's...it was only her 3rd voyage and the thing creeked like no tommorrow but is was fantastico...in fact the next yr 1992 we took a 10 cruise on the nordic prince of blessed memory...she was a pure beauty...small and the staff mingled with all of the passangers all the time...the romance was then on and we have been with rccl 9 more times since and on 13 total cruises since 1991...i don't call it a sickness but rather a privledge...the privledge continues on 3-18-07 ADVENTURE OF THE SEA'S...sip'n and smil'n on the adventure 2007.,..

A long.....time ago. Our honeymoon cruise, Song of Norway, January 15, 1972!!!!!!:) 7 day Caribbean. Were hooked for life. 35 years later, we haven taken at least 1 cruise per year.

Last cruises Constellation Baltic - 6/17/06 - Century Caribbean 12/16/06. Next cruises - Summit Panama Canal 4/14/07. Navigator Canary Islands -

10/16/07...... 2008 - ???????

My first cruise was on Sovereign of the Seas Christmas cruise 1991, SOS was the largest cruise ship in the world at the time. Over the past few years before that cruise we got fed up with the crazy holidays so we decided to go on a cruise instead. It was one of the best choices we have ever made. We cruised 3 Christmas' in a row + a New Years. Those were the days when RCCL would leave you Lladro figurines in your cabin on Christmas night. Well RCI doesn't leave us Lladro's anymore and we don't sail on Christmas either since the family pitched such a fit when we weren't around on Christmas. I'll never forget that first cruise and I've been hooked ever since.

Hasn't happened yet. Sovereign of the Seas in August. I was happy to see the post about the person who loved this as their first cruise.:)

We didn't love it.... we REALLY loved it :) . It got us hooked big time!

Our first cruise on RCI was the Grandeur in 1997. We took this cruise with my sister and her hubby, we had 2 D1's.

There was a huge group on board and many of the public areas were closed during the week, it wasn't a good experience for us. I'm not ever sure why we decided to cruise with RCI again :eek:

Hey Mike, do you have the signature option turned off? I only ask because we can see you inactive ticker...

###

Our first cruise on RCCL was the Radiance from Ensenada to Seattle

in April 01. While it was our 9th cruise, we thought the Radiance

a beautiful ship and enjoyed our cruise.

Our next on RC was the Splendour in Jan 03 RT from Galveston.

Our 20th cruise will again be on the Slendour from Galveston to Barcelona

this April.

We have enjoyed trying different lines, different ports of call,

and the best cruise is always our next one!

Navigator May 2004 - I was hooked!

The only other cruise I went on was the NCL Skyward in 1985 and I wasn't impressed. It took me 19 years to get on another ship after that!

Sovereign in 1989. She was the largest cruise ship in the world at that time.

We had previously sailed NCL's Sunward II 3 times and when we drove up to the pier in Miami and saw the Sovereign sitting there, the four of us were just speechless at the size of her. Have sailed quite a few other ships since then but the "grand old gal" is still our favorite in many ways.

Tanker4

Empress of the Seas in September of 2004. It was an 8 day sailing to Bermuda and we had extremely rough seas both going and returning to Cape Liberty. Besides that we had a great cruise and wonderful service. Another thing I'll always remember is the attacking shower curtain in the tiny bathroom. Those were the good old days. Hopefully we'll be able to sail on her one more time before she leaves the fleet.

Our first RCCL cruise will be on the Empress next month. I'm looking forward to everything except the shower curtain.:)

October of 2001 on the Majesty OTS. Four nights to test the RCI waters. Did it again the next year. Loved the ship and the crew which was really great. Went back to Carnival for a few years until I tried the Navigator. We were docked next to her in San Juan. I said that I wanted to cruise on that ship and did. Have not looked back since then and feel like I wasted too many years cruising with a line that did not measure up to what I'm experiencing now. Oh well live and learn!!!!!!:) ;)

Archived