Does the loud music by the pool bother you while cruising?

Wow, We are in our 40's and I love the musis. All kinds is great. It should not drown out the conversation though. HAl hardly plays any music, so maybe that is a better choice for people bothered by the music. When we cruise HAL we just bring an ipod.

The only time music by the pool will bother me is if they start blasting that awful jungle music that they insist on playing in the disco...you know the disco nights when there is hardly anyone in there listening to that stuff.....the only time I ever see the disco packed is when they play 50's, 60's, 70's or 80's music...you would think they would learn based on the crowds.

However, getting back to the original question, I think music around the pool should be limited to only Caribbean type music...no big band 40's...no rock...no country western and no jungle music...jungle music is defined by me as the disco music that is writtten around a bass drum lead!

Pardon me but what exactly is jungle music

Jungle music is a term I heard on my last cruise that refers to "today's Club Music" seems like it is 75% loud base drums just banging away!

I was in the disco on my last cruise and a gentleman from Scotland (home of Rod Stewart) asked me if the music being played in the disco was American music? I replied that I did not know and certainly hoped it was not! The music bening played was this new club music which sounds like a bunch of bass drums....the gentleman from Scotland advised that in his country the music would be called jungle music...maybe because it does not sound like music!

Archived