HAL Documents At The Pier

spcl4cs_gal

Has anyone ever picked up their cruise docs at Pier 26 on the day of boarding as opposed to having them sent to you? I just booked my cruise yesterday with Vacations To Go and was told that there wouldn't be enough time to have the docs sent.

You should have no problem at all.

When you arrive, you can get baggage tags from the stevedores to attach to your "checked" suitcases.

Then, when you enter the terminal, at the counter, you should have no difficulty checking in.

People check in for cruises all the time without written documents.

BE SURE TO BRING WITH YOU.....any and all paid receipts you have, anything you have in writing that pertains to this cruise, confirmation, confirmation number and PASSPORT/photo id.

I thought the ship was at pier 30. I may be wrong as Princess is at the same place and I thought that it was all one pier. Does anyone know for sure

The HAL rep who loads us onto the bus in Ft Lauderdale called it Pier 26 but who knows. 26 or 40...just as long as the ship is sitting there when we arrive. :D

:)

A couple of times we have seen long lines at a booth specifically set up for people picking up their documents at the pier - especially in Ft Lauderdale.

HAL mainly uses pier 26 but if there are 2 HAL ships in, they sometimes use 22.

Princess has their main pier across the bay - not that far away. And when they have 2 ships in, they use pier 20.

:)

Sometimes there are two (or more) HAL ships in at the same time and, obviously, they need more than one pier. We have even disembarked at Princess' pier one cruise. It was a NIGHTMARE. I have never seen HAL have such a disorganized disembark. They didn't even have the banners hung over the luggage to indicate where your colored tags would be found.

HAL does not pick where they will go. Sometimes Immigration authorities say where. It seems to me I was told when doing Immigration ashore rather than onboard the ship they prefer Pier 22? Not sure.

We disembarked at Pier 4 (normally a Princess pier) on the Rotterdam. It was a mess because we and many others had driven and parked at the Midport Parking Deck at 26 where we embarked. Taxis were not real happy about getting a fare just going w/in the port, though we could have waited forever for the shuttle bus Hal provided.

Also disembarked from the Oosterdam at a different pier from 26 where we had embarked, but it was very close and no problem walking to the car. So you never know. :rolleyes:

I don't remember the pier number but we embarked from the Pier from H*** once, do to a record breaking number of ships in port. It was way down the end and normally used by "Discovery Cruises". There were very view places to sit and it was so mobbed the Fire Marshal would have had a field day in fines. Hal did start boarding a little earlier than usual because it was so bad.

On the brighter side we were the first to leave port that day and it was really cool watching all the others follow us out. :cool:

Archived