Princess Room Service for suites.

jimd909

Hello All,

I've searched but can' really find the answer. I know if you have a suite, you get an extended menu for room service.

I'll be sailing on the Golden Princess (12/2007) in a Vista Suite and wanted to know if the extended menu for room service included hot breakfast (i.e., scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, french toast, etc.).

Also, how is it "extended" for lunch and dinner?

Thank you.

It is anything available in the dining rooms when it's available. So you have to wait until the dinner service starts before you can order from the dinner menu.

You should also be very specific on what you want too. If you want butter with your lobster tail make sure you ask for it or it may get cold while you wait for a second delivery...

Enjoy! There is nothing like a lobster dinner on a vista balcony with the sun setting in the background.

I'll be sailing on the Golden Princess (12/2007) in a Vista Suite and wanted to know if the extended menu for room service included hot breakfast (i.e., scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, french toast, etc.).

Each time we have been in a vista suite the dining room menus were placed in the room by the steward and changed daily.

You are free to order from them just as if you were in the dining room.

Have a great cruise!

Mike:)

We haven't had to ask for the menus in our vista suite stays. The breakfast menu was standing on the coffee table when we returned from dinner and the lunch and dinner menus were placed in the suite on the sofa end table while we were out for breakfast and morning errands.:)

Just pick up the phone and call room service.

We always tip the room service people about $5 for a meal; but that is up to you.

Thanks! I thought I read somewhere that you can order breakfast the night before to be delivered at a specific time. Is this true?

I think being able to eat a full meal on the aft balcony will be great.

The menus are placed in your room every day, that's the way it was on the Star and on the Crown. You simply call room service, give them your suite number and order whatever you want. The other poster is correct, if you want drawn butter, ketchup,or butter for your rolls, be specific and ask or it won't come.

There is a form you can put out for breakfast the night before on your door but it doesn't have the full breakfast order on it, it's an abbrievated hot breakfast menu.

It's a wonderful thing eating out on the balcony, enjoy!

Carolyn is right about the hang tag menus.

Just pick up the breakfast menu in your cabin and call room service that morning and either have them bring it in 15 minutes or tell them the time you would like it to be delivered.

You will be spoiled!

We found that if you specified a range for breakfast - say 8:00 - 8:30, it would invariably arrive 15 minutes before the earliest time in the range (in this case 7:45).

Keep that in mind when filling out the card.

We found that if you specified a range for breakfast - say 8:00 - 8:30, it would invariably arrive 15 minutes before the earliest time in the range (in this case 7:45).

Keep that in mind when filling out the card.

Keep in mind that you don't fill out a card for a full hot breakfast in a suite, you simply call room service on the telephone.

Is this only for suites or all rooms. I will be in a mini-suite.

This is only for full suites and does not apply to minis.

And marylandcruisers,

Yes, there is a difference. All cabins other than suites feature a room service menu that consists of mainly sandwiches and other cold plates, all at no charge.

is there a different menu for people with suites to people with just balcony cabins? what is the difference?

Yes, there is a huge difference now in the items that can be ordered. The room service menu for inside, outside, balcony and mini suite categories is quite limited. Extended Continental Breakfast items in the AM and sandwiches, salads and desserts for the rest of the time. Princess used to offer full dining room menu service to all cabins, but that changed a couple of years ago and is now only offered to full suites. Full suites are entitled to order off the dining room menu or just about anything else they would like.

I know, before anyone says it, I also miss the days when you could order whatever you wanted and have it delivered right to your door. Ahhhhhhhh the memores, just wish it was still available.

My wife and I were just in a premuim suite on the Star. The menus for Lunch n Supper were in our cabin every day, the night before.

We were able to order any lunch item between noon and 2:30 PM. We did not order any supper.

I believe we also had ane xpanded breakfast menu, via the order form in suite, but we found the breakfast's the weak link of all the great food. The service was impeccable, which was noticeable in lieau of not having a butler (didn't miss it either). WSe'd mark off the exact time we wanted breakfast, and it was there, every morning at that exact time.

Princess could not do enough to make our stay memorable. As good as any cruise we've taken on HAL or X.

Oh, ya, the Caribe mid ship balcony was TO DIE FOR...especially being 60% exposed to the natural sun...

jc

Toronto

X Galaxy Sept 25-06

Princess Star Jan 27-07

X Xpedition Sept 30-07

i now when we was on RCCL, and celebrity you could order bacon and eggs and sausage. can you order that on Princess?

These hot breakfast items can only be ordered from room service if you have booked a full suite on Princess (mini suites do not fall into this category). They used to allow you, no matter what category you had booked, order anything from room service. Now, they have stopped this practice and stick pretty close to the expanded Continental breakfast menu only (with a few minor exceptions at times) in any other category.

Yes, there is a huge difference now in the items that can be ordered. The room service menu for inside, outside, balcony and mini suite categories is quite limited. Extended Continental Breakfast items in the AM and sandwiches, salads and desserts for the rest of the time. Princess used to offer full dining room menu service to all cabins, but that changed a couple of years ago and is now only offered to full suites. Full suites are entitled to order off the dining room menu or just about anything else they would like.

I know, before anyone says it, I also miss the days when you could order whatever you wanted and have it delivered right to your door. Ahhhhhhhh the memores, just wish it was still available.

It's just a memory on Princess. Other lines still have the hot room service in particular breakfast. HAL features ordering anything from the dining room with it is open. It was a great feature.

Maybe if people comment on the room service on Princess, it may change. It almost looks like room service is being treated like a "class" of service thing on Princess or a revenue generator for the balcony served meals. It's not that way on the other lines. which is a pity especially if you are under the weather or just want to be served breakfast in bed on your vacation without purchasing a suite.

After they introduced their ultimate balcony breakfast and dinner (extra charge on both of these) I wondered how long it was going to take them to limit the room service items. Within about 6 months of these 'ultimates' being introduced, we watched room service begin to refuse these extra items being delivered. I agree, I think it is terrible and I do not agree with it one bit.

It was not that long ago where you could order from the diningroom menu during meal times in any category cabin. Such a shame that the Princess I have been so loyal to over the years has changed so many of the things that made our cruise experience special for us.

Archived