Help with my personal scavenger hunt

O2BKate

I am leading a group of 12 (total including me) on the Statendam sailing Sept. 30th, 15 day Circle Hawaii trip and as I have done on past cruises, I like to do extra, fun things for my group. I decorate their doors, slip a "thought for the day" comic under their door every day, give out a goodie bag, etc. Since on every cruise we usually include some new people to our group, "The Ancient Mariners", this allows everyone to relax and get to know their fellow passengers.

This year, I am providing cameras in everyone's goodie bag and putting on our own photo scavenger hunt. I want a list of around 50 items from which to choose, and everything will have a point value. Then, when we get them developed after the cruise, we will have another party to look them over and award prizes. I was hoping for about 25 items for onboard ship and 25 items for in the islands. Since I have never been to Hawaii myself, your help would be appreciated.

So far my list includes the following:

Picture of volcano (more points depending on the view)

Group picture by the pool, one point for every person, 2 points if it is a crew member, 3 points for an officer and 10 points if the captain is included.

Sunset

Hula dancers

Diamond Head

Dessert extravaganza

A blowhole

Akaka Falls

Statue of Kamehameha

A monkey pod tree

As you can see, I am severly lacking on both shipboard and port ideas. I know this board will help immensely in coming up with great ideas. Thanks for your help in advance.

Kate

60 days from today, Statendam

That sounds like alot of fun. Your group is sure to enjoy. Nice of you to go to such effort.

On the ship, you might have them look for:

Pack of matches with HAL Logo.....(good luck; I don't think they have have them available anymore but someone might have an old pack in the pocketbook, beachbag etc)

An empty bonine package (sea sick med)

A lariat with HAL logo

Photo of a pax wearing a platinum Mariners medal at Mariners party

Photo of pax wearing Mariner's pin that comes in document package

Photo of EMPTY bread pudding pan at Lido lunch

A dinner menu signed by Captain or Hotel Manager

That sounds like alot of fun. Your group is sure to enjoy. Nice of you to go to such effort.

On the ship, you might have them look for:

Pack of matches with HAL Logo.....(good luck; I don't think they have have them available anymore but someone might have an old pack in the pocketbook, beachbag etc)

An empty bonine package (sea sick med)

A lariat with HAL logo

Photo of a pax wearing a platinum Mariners medal at Mariners party

Photo of pax wearing Mariner's pin that comes in document package

Photo of EMPTY bread pudding pan at Lido lunch

A dinner menu signed by Captain or Hotel Manager

Wow, those are great suggestions. Thanks everybody. One thing I thought of was a picture of "you" behind the cruise directors desk. Do you think this would be a big fat no-no? If you make friends with the director and ask pretty please? That one would definately be worth more points. The big draw here is trying to get our group out and about and meeting lots of new people.

Kate

One thing I thought of was a picture of "you" behind the cruise directors desk. Do you think this would be a big fat no-no? If you make friends with the director and ask pretty please?

Kate

While they are all very pleasant, nice folks, I think they could get a bit annoyed when the 5th or 8th or 13th person asked for that picture. If only one or two folks were doing that okay, but I don't think I would like being so pestered if it were me trying to do my job.

Sounds like on & off the ship items..

Here's more

Macadamia nuts

Mumu

Officer wearing a Lei

Souvineer from Hilo Hatties

Since you do the door decoration thing.. How about a "find me" - ask other passengers onboard if you could attach something to their door.

How about?

a photo of a pilot boat?

a photo with the yum-yum man?

a used bingo card?

autographs of cast/orchestra members?

autographs of the cruise staff (cruise director and assistants)?

a photo wearing life jacket?

table assignment tag?

Sounds like fun!!

Archived