***LIVE*** FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS with Arlene & Tony

arlenemilt

I finally got around to reading this "live from" thread and in addition to Arlene and Tony, a few more of you are adding your own comments.

I saw a mention of Donna Brown (Hawaii) a few pages back. Seems like her first private tour went well and everyone enjoyed it. I know she had a huge lot of research and planning for the several she will be doing on all her B2B sectors and hope they all go as well as that one.

First of you CCers to spot Donna anywhere onboard, would you PLEASE tell her that Edinburgher (now following this thread) sends her a HUGE "HI"

Thanks.

TONY. I think you were on our RC for Regal P. last March (Valparaiso to Ft L) but had to cancel long before travel dates. Sorry you missed it, it was excellent, but pleased for you that you could go this year instead.

Forgot to add ....taht was the cruise that EARLJR was on as well and DRUKE I as well and the "Hockey Pucks" for cookies!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Well, we're here in the Falklands and right now we're not getting off the ship. Ship ok, Milt not. Now his back is a little "out." Ah........the trials and tribulations of getting older. :( Perhaps in a few hours we can venture ashore. Fortunately we were doing this port on our own, so no forfeiture of tour $$$. Right now he just doesn't feel up to bouncing around in a tender for 20-30 minutes.

The weather is ok, which interpreted by a Floridian means not horribly cold. Temp is approx. 48 degrees, but humidity is 90% and air is calm. Weather forecast is 40% chance of rain but at 9:25 all looks good.

Nothing exciting happened last night; Bill already told you about Den West show. There was a 70's "something" which we didn't go to; don't identify with 70's music. Tonight is a 50's/60's, but I didn't bring my poodle skirt and saddle shoes. :)

Internet cafe surprisingly busy now. Can't imagine why all these people are sitting here instead of going ashore. I have an excuse, but the others?

Our dinner last night was interesting inasmuch as the maitre de Francesco made some special items for our fun table. We had grilled veggies and a spaghetti putanesca prepared especially for us. My other selections for dinner was escargot and onion soup. For me a perfect meal; nothing else necessary. He also made a special dessert of bananas Foster; YUK to me, yummy to the others. That's another B word that is synonymous with Baaaaa.

To Susie: Friends of ours will be on your cruise; Sharon and Larry from Seattle. Say hi for us if you find them, which you will if you're trivia inclined.

To Stacey: There's already too much fat in my diet. And on my thighs. :D

Will check in later.

Arlene

Thanks, Tony. That would also (unfortunately) be my guess. It will be a while for me before I get to either 30/300. I'm hoping the # of cruises will be 25 or 26. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Lynda as soon as I hear anything I will let you know on here as well.

Tony

Well, we're here in the Falklands and right now we're not getting off the ship. Ship ok, Milt not. Now his back is a little "out." Ah........the trials and tribulations of getting older. :( Perhaps in a few hours we can venture ashore. Fortunately we were doing this port on our own, so no forfeiture of tour $$$. Right now he just doesn't feel up to bouncing around in a tender for 20-30 minutes.

The weather is ok, which interpreted by a Floridian means not horribly cold. Temp is approx. 48 degrees, but humidity is 90% and air is calm. Weather forecast is 40% chance of rain but at 9:25 all looks good.

Nothing exciting happened last night; Bill already told you about Den West show. There was a 70's "something" which we didn't go to; don't identify with 70's music. Tonight is a 50's/60's, but I didn't bring my poodle skirt and saddle shoes. :)

Internet cafe surprisingly busy now. Can't imagine why all these people are sitting here instead of going ashore. I have an excuse, but the others?

Our dinner last night was interesting inasmuch as the maitre de Francesco made some special items for our fun table. We had grilled veggies and a spaghetti putanesca prepared especially for us. My other selections for dinner was escargot and onion soup. For me a perfect meal; nothing else necessary. He also made a special dessert of bananas Foster; YUK to me, yummy to the others. That's another B word that is synonymous with Baaaaa.

To Susie: Friends of ours will be on your cruise; Sharon and Larry from Seattle. Say hi for us if you find them, which you will if you're trivia inclined.

Will check in later.

Arlene

Where the heck are you in the internet cafe?...I am just around the corner if you see this in time????:rolleyes:

Tony

You better be doing that Aug cruise next year from Sweden to Montreal on the Royal Princess with me...remember you ahve a FREE place to stay in Montreal!;)

Tony

I like the one from Rome all the way to Montreal; 37 days. We may book it when reservations open on March 24th.

Where are you now, in the library? I don't see you here and we're on line simultaneously.

Arlene

I like the one from Rome all the way to Montreal; 37 days. We may book it when reservations open on March 24th.

Where are you now, in the library? I don't see you here and we're on line simultaneously.

Arlene

Either one is fine and will be great sailing into home port!...I haven't been able to do that for years.

Tony

Too Funny, hope the pucs are no where to be found on the Golden. :D

The choc. chip cookies are wonderful; too wonderful! They have the regular ones and the double chocolate ones. I have a stash in my frig. For Milt of course. :)

Arlene

Today we arrive in Port Stanley and as I am looking out the window in the internet cafe there is a beautiful Sunrise.

Bill,

Can't believe you were in here at sunrise!!!! As I mentioned to you briefly yesterday, have been under the weather for the past 4 days and hopefully will be up and about more now. Cindy and I will plan on being at the next CC get together here onboard. Anyway, it's good to see both you and Vicky again here on the Golden.

Curt :)

The Falklands (Port Stanley) was one of my favorites. I went on a very interesting tour of the Battlefields of the 1982 War, tour guide being a retired Sgt. Major of the British Army. Although he had not been in the particular campaign, he had a very good sense of the history of it.

Although Tony complains of the "hockey puck" cookies on that trip - I found the desserts and baked good to be quite good.

Interesting how two can perceive something entirely differently.

The choc. chip cookies are wonderful; too wonderful! They have the regular ones and the double chocolate ones. I have a stash in my frig. For Milt of course. :)

Arlene

Enjoying reading all the info - let us know if you get off the ship and hope Milt's back feels better.

I will have to try the CC cookies, everyone raves about them and I'm not much of a fan but will give them a try next time around:D

Will check in later.

Arlene

Did you find out why so many were in the Internet cafe, where tours cancelled or postponed??

You and your 'B' words - also not a fan of cooked Banana though:D

Dinner sounds good, love the escargot - getting me hungry:eek:

Good Morning to All the "LIVE" Posters on the Beautiful Golden!:)

(Arlene, Tony, Bill, Ann & Curt!;))

This Live from is getting livelier all the time:D :eek:

Have a Great Day in Port Stanley!

My Best!

jotBill(MTA)

golden_bridge.jpg

Good Morning to All the "LIVE" Posters on the Beautiful Golden!:)

(Arlene, Tony, Bill, Ann & Curt!;))

This Live from is getting livelier all the time:D :eek:

Have a Great Day in Port Stanley!

My Best!

jotBill(MTA)

golden_bridge.jpg

How do you put a picture into the message? A simple paste?

What is "the office"? :confused: I am still trying to figure out some of the shorthand.:o Some finally click,:) but some, hmmm. :eek:

All of the descriptive posts are wonderful.

How rocky has the ship been. It seems several are under the weather. (Arlene, hope Milt's back is better now)

After cruising so often, do most of you not go to the shows? Other than trivia and the internet and eating of course, what do you do with your time? I for one still try to do most everything, so far have only done one cruise a year. (until this year, going to do Canada/New England for the fall colors in October.) Hope to sail more once the house gets sold. This site has really been wonderful, really sorry I never knew about it before.

Well we will see you all a week from today, no thats tomorrow. Really starting to pack soon, although as usual, the day before will tell the tale.

See you soon and may the weather be great and the ports full of adventure (not pickpockets)

Marianne

Arlene

A & T,We just might join you on those 37 Days, have to give it some thought!:)

Arlene, hope Milt's back get up & running today for the Falklands.;)

Curt, I see you will be bringing in the Pacific Princess to Ft Laud Jan 10th 2008, for Our World Cruise. Did you consider that 102 Days? You are Real "Big Time Cruisers" :eek:

Bill, Your reports are excellent & you must be a very light sleeper & early riser, Thank you!:D

My Best!

jotBill(MTA):(

Hi Everyone on the Golden!

Thanks to all you who are taking time to include us on the first part of the voyage. It's great to hear about what's going on.

Hope Milt's back is better and you were able to get off the ship. You now have a whole bunch more of us who will be hoarding CC cookies!!

I think it was Marianne who asked what the "office" is - add me to the question. I think I've figured out most of the abbreviations, but haven't gotten that one.:)

Bill, I thought my DH was the only person up before daybreak - he keeps telling me it's beautiful. So far, I haven't been able to pull myself out of bed to check it out. I'll just continue to take his word for it!!

We are getting even more excited about joining in Valparaiso and look forward to meeting everyone.

A & T,We just might join you on those 37 Days, have to give it some thought!:)

Arlene, hope Milt's back get up & running today for the Falklands.;)

Curt, I see you will be bringing in the Pacific Princess to Ft Laud Jan 10th 2008, for Our World Cruise. Did you consider that 102 Days? You are Real "Big Time Cruisers" :eek:

Bill, Your reports are excellent & you must be a very light sleeper & early riser, Thank you!:D

My Best!

jotBill(MTA):(

Bill please do join us next year for taht 37 days...

Tony

What is "the office"? :confused: I am still trying to figure out some of the shorthand. Some finally click, but some, hmmm. :eek:

All of the descriptive posts are wonderful.

How rocky has the ship been. It seems several are under the weather. (Arlene, hope Milt's back is better now)

After cruising so often, do most of you not go to the shows? Other than trivia and the internet and eating of course, what do you do with your time? I for one still try to do most everything, so far have only done one cruise a year. (until this year, going to do Canada/New England for the fall colors in October.) Hope to sail more once the house gets sold. This site has really been wonderful, really sorry I never knew about it before.

Well we will see you all a week from today, no thats tomorrow. Really starting to pack soon, although as usual, the day before will tell the tale.

See you soon and may the weather be great and the ports full of adventure (not pickpockets)

Marianne

Marianne...actually this is my 5th consective season in South America and I must say the best sea conditions ever and weather as well overall.

I personally do not go to the shows unless it's a new one being released. I don't try to do everything either on one cruise...

Today's weather was the worst in a longtime here in Stanley.

Tony

Too Funny, hope the pucs are no where to be found on the Golden. :D

Nope no picks onboard this cruise....I straightened out that pastry chef on the New Orleans to Rio de Janeiro cruise a while back!

Tony

so don't know if this will go through easily. Lots of freezing going on; Jot World Bill can understand completely.

Milt's back/hip problem today is most likely part of his two day ago food illness. He most likely got dehydrated and if you don't replenish fluids (he's very very bad about drinking anything other than coffee) it can trigger a gout attack. Ergo............Physician heal thyself. He'll be OK in due time. We did not get off the ship and those who did are still frozen. Weather has been rainy all day and I understand the line to tender back to the ship is not under cover and extremely long. There are 3 ships out there; ours, Rotterdam and Hanseatic. Too many people at once for so small an area. The word is that there were a total of 7 penguins to be seen. We saw a whole lot of them last year in South Africa, so missing them today is not disappointing.

BigTimeCruiser: Cindy & Curt - hope you noticed your door. I presume we'll get to meet you eventually.

Michael: Tony's hockey puck cookies were on the Regal and our other friends confirmed them as such.

Julia: AFAIK, no tours were cancelled. Internet crowds may have been due to folks already having been to this area or not wanting to venture out weatherwise. BTW, there are B words I do like; too much. Bread, for one:)

Bill: That would really be some LIVE if you were to be on the same ship with us. Could the Board handle it? :rolleyes:

Going to do something constructive now. Read. Later. Maybe.

Arlene

The Falklands (Port Stanley) was one of my favorites. I went on a very interesting tour of the Battlefields of the 1982 War, tour guide being a retired Sgt. Major of the British Army. Although he had not been in the particular campaign, he had a very good sense of the history of it.

Although Tony complains of the "hockey puck" cookies on that trip - I found the desserts and baked good to be quite good.

Interesting how two can perceive something entirely differently.

True...but EARLJR and Carolyn both agreed they were Hockey Pucks on the Regal last year as well.

Tony

Archived