Spring Break '08

pazandak63

Hi, Great timing. I was just looking for our next cruise and was considering Spring Break 08. What ages are your kids? Also, when is your spring break? In SC we are looking at March 17-21. Let me know.

I have 3 kids...but two are older and off with their lives...my youngest is 13.

I did search around a bit and found a group going that has quite a few families...a 8 day southern Carib on Carnival liberty...or...I can continue to look until I find something that fits better...

Karyn

I did search around a bit and found a group going that has quite a few families...a 8 day southern Carib on Carnival liberty...or...I can continue to look until I find something that fits better...

Karyn

That 8 day group Liberty trip is a STEAL! I was considering it too but I already promised the kids to do WDW that month. Make sure you book with the group. Those rates aren't that good anywhere else I noticed.

We just booked the Carnival Valor for 3/30/08. Our spring break will be starting on 3/21, but we will be pulling the kids out for the week after to save some money. So they will be doing homework during their regular spring break. We booked early to get adjoining inside cabins. The kids (who will be 14 & 11 at the time) are already excited.

Just remember to look at the dates and talk to your school for spring break for the kids. Easter is early next year, March 23. I know our school system schedules the break around the Easter holiday so our break changes every year. While our school has not set the permanent school schedule yet, the did confirm out break will be in March not April as it has been the last 2 years.

I agree, it's never too early to think about next year. Heck, I booked a condo overlooking Pearl Harbor for our 2006 Spring Break trip 15 months in advance. We only do a big vacation every other year so in 2008 we may book a cruise for the 13 y.o. DS's Spring Break. We're still in the early planning stage and are looking at Freedom of the Seas. DH and I are newbies to cruising and had a wonderful time in Alaska on the Diamond Princess back in August 2004. After the Diamond Princess, I'm worried how other cruiselines will compare.

Karyn

Where did you find the info on this group cruise?

We just booked the Conquest sailing March 16 - 23 (Easter Sunday 2008). Our kids will be 13 (girl), 8 (boy), 5 (boy) at time of sailing. They all loved Camp Carnival and will be participating.

To add to the Spring Break FYIs:

In Arizona, our district has break from March 10-24, but we're on a modified year-round schedule and get a longer break.

The big college week is March 10th, but many colleges will be off the week before and some the week after. For example, Notre Dame, Arizona State, A&M, UT are off the week of March 10, but Univ. of Ariz and USC are off a week later.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We booked on NCL for march 23-30-08. Both my family and our friends family. Our boys are both 15 and we are surprising them with the cruise.They won't know until we get there. We are more excited about seeing their reactions when we drive to the port and they see the ship. It will be the boys first cruise.

We are going on the 6 day Carnival Liberty March 23, 2008. We will have our then 16 year old and 4 year old. YES, we started ALL OVER again! :D

My son and I are also taking the 6 day Carnival Liberty, however, ours is April 6. :)

Our Spring Break (Lakeland, FL) is March 30th - April 4th. We'll be on Emerald Princess for 10 days leaving March 25th. My daughter will be 7 and in 1st grade. My son will be 3.5 (and in preschool). Also travelling will be our 12 and 16 yo nephews from Chicago. Their Spring Break is the week before ours. So the two week family vacation will include a week of SB for each family, plus a week of skipping!

Our spring break in the northern suburbs of Chicago starts on 3/21. We also have 2 1/2 days off at the end of Feb., so we are slated to be on the Mariner of the Seas out of Port Canaveral on 2/24 with dd11 and twin ds8 and numerous friends and their kids.

We just booked on NCL Pearl - leaves March 7th and returns March 16th...9 days that fit perfectly into our March break. We have 3 boys...14, 9 & 8 years.

We were on the Pearl last year and loved it!

Spring break in No. Illinois is either the week before Easter for most public schools and for the parochial schools/private schools the week after which is 3/20-3/30 ( we get Holy Thurs and Good Friday too)

• 4 weeks later...

We are in North Carolina and our Spring Break begins March 21st of 2008. We are booked on the Norwegian Majesty out of Charleston, SC that leaves on March 22nd. My husband and I are a bit worried that the ship will be full of intoxicated college students. Our kids are ages 10 and 12 - both boys. My older son is looking forward to seeing the babes in bikinis, though. :o

I live in NJ and in our school system we don't necessarily have a "spring break" however we do get off a few days for Easter. So, we just booked a family NCL Sun with 14 people - 4 "school age", 4 "young adults" and 6 adults for the week of March 15 - 22. Haven't seen too many others posting that their spring break occurs during that time....

Archived