Spring Break '08

pazandak63

Hi -- our Spring Break here in Georgia is the week of April, 7, 2008, so we just booked the Carnival Triumph out of MIA for April 5, 2008. Travelling with two kids, ages 15 y.o girl and 7 y.o. boy. This will be our first cruise on Carnival. We've previously sailed on Royal Caribbean and Disney as a family. We're all very excited!!

Moe

Sailing the Conquest Mar 16-23 out of Galveston. Dh, myself, and 11 year old twin boys. Our friends are going too with their 9 year old daughter. Our sp was supposed to be 3/3 and we had a great deal on a balcony but then the district changed sp a few weeks ago and it is costing us $1500 more to go with just an ov cabin. This is the sp for most of the schools in the whole Houston area so I expect the ship to be crowded.

We have 1 11-year-old daughter who is on spring break starting March 28. This will be our first time cruising, and we are going to go somewhere we can drive to from our home in Indy within about 13 - 15 hours. We are road trip people.

We are considering Royal Caribbean Grandeur (for 5-nights from Tampa), NCL Gem from NY (7-nights), NCL Majesty from Charleston (7-nights), Royal Caribbean Explorer from Bayonne (9-nights which I fear will be too much for my first cruise - I'm worried about motion sickness). We have ruled out Disney because of the cost.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for others with kids who want to cruise in '08...

Its not too early to start to look at these! Anyone out there that is thinking of traveling with other families?

...and we are looking for a fun family cruise. Any groups for this time period???

I'll jump in too!

I'm a single mom traveling with (will be) 14 yr old daughter, my mom, and my sister. We'll be on the Grand Princess, 3/22/08 sailing - Western Caribbean.

We tried out Princess this last April at Spring Break mainly because at 13 on Princess, she was in the TEEN group! She was bored stiff in 06 on Carnival because of their 12-14 group. They put them in too often with the 9-11 group and geared to the younger age. Also, there were no facilities just for that group on our ship. RCI groups their kids like Carnival.

On Princess, she loved having the teen room, video games, music, movies, activities, sports and of course the big screen at the pool.

Good luck with your choice!

Sharon

Our spring break runs April 4-13. We are cruising on RCCL's Mariner of the Seas April 6-13 and taking our 15 yr old daughter. We wanted to take her friend who is in another school, but their break is different and falls more in line with most I have seen on this board. So my daughter is a little nervous going without a friend, but as outgoing as she is I don't think it will be a problem. Anyone else going on this cruise with teens in the same age range?

• 4 weeks later...

Going for 11 days out of NYC March 8, 2007, with 4 kids....12, 14, 17 and 19 ( 2 rooms, one for us, quad next door for the kids). First time on HAL, but from what I've read on other boards starting to worry if we'll be the only ones with kids...anybody else out there ??????

• 3 months later...

Single Mom taking my 10 and 13yr olds on Navigator of the Seas 03-07Apr. We were going to do the 07Apr 5nt, but the kids didnt want to go for that long when I booked it. They are sorry about it now that its getting closer!

Taking the kids out of school a few days early so we can drive down to Ft Lauderdale from North of ATL.

We Cant Wait! :p :p

Archived