Topless on the Veendam?

DarkJedi

We were in port with the Veendam and someone mentioned they had a topless deck. I didn't think HAL had topless decks, do they?

There was no "designated" topless deck in December on the Volendam. There were a handful of us that sunbathed topless, though. (We had the whole deck to ourselves...highest deck FORWARD)

Jedi --

Yours is the second post I've seen with an ad in it. Is this your own, or does it automatically come with being on Cruise Critic? Just curious.

Tom

I believe its a brand new nuisance CC came up with to keep the site running and still offer it for free.

Personally, I think that is terrible to go topless, especially on a December cruise that I assume had a lot of children...

Which is the highest Deck forward? I assume those sunbathers would have the deck to themselves as others (again, especially those with the children) would run the other way.

Personally, I think that is terrible to go topless, especially on a December cruise that I assume had a lot of children...

Which is the highest Deck forward? I assume those sunbathers would have the deck to themselves as others (again, especially those with the children) would run the other way.

Terrible to go topless? Is this because you feel that the human body is shameful, or that you feel women should be covered when around men to show their subjugation?

Renee, in that case you were in Costa Maya with us. That's where someone told me that they had been on the Veendam's topless deck with a friend. I had been wondering if it was the area in the back with the palm tree setup.

Terrible to go topless? Is this because you feel that the human body is shameful, or that you feel women should be covered when around men to show their subjugation?

Renee, in that case you were in Costa Maya with us. That's where someone told me that they had been on the Veendam's topless deck with a friend. I had been wondering if it was the area in the back with the palm tree setup.

If I'm not mistaken, the Palm Tree area aft is for Children Only. (And there's no way that they can view topless cruisers FORWARD)

I had been wondering if it was the area in the back with the palm tree setup.

That's the teenagers' "Oasis" area! It's probably not the best idea for women to go topless where there are loads of teenage male hormones raging. :eek:

That's the teenagers' "Oasis" area! It's probably not the best idea for women to go topless where there are loads of teenage male hormones raging. :eek:

I agree with that completely LOL

That was just the only area of the ship we could see from our's that looked like the railing was obscured.

I tried to enlarge your avatar..... All dressed up for formal. I was eager to get a better view of your dress. :)

We have cruised Veendam a number of times and I've never seen/heard of any topless sunbathing on that ship.

There was no "designated" topless deck in December on the Volendam. There were a handful of us that sunbathed topless, though. (We had the whole deck to ourselves...highest deck FORWARD)

Deck 14 forward? With the green metal floor and all the comm antennas? You must get an interesting tan basking in the glow of all those microwaves! :)

c070302-072106_sml.jpg

Didn't see any sunbathers up there a couple weeks ago, topless or otherwise. Didn't go looking in the middle of the day, either.

Here's a good shot of the deck. As you can see, it was basically deserted. It really was lovely and secluded. (Except for the occasional cocktail service that we requested)

I'm HOPING that the Amsterdam has the same nice layout in December '07. (The Veendam looks YUCKERS)

6f4e.jpg?tkn=ph07d9FBpvMdoHQH&saveas=Cindy,+Fred+and+Nan

I believe its a brand new nuisance CC came up with to keep the site running and still offer it for free.

Trust me, if you want to have a CC message board, you'll consider those ads ANYTHING but a nuisance. They pay the bills and keep the servers up and running.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Trust me, if you want to have a CC message board, you'll consider those ads ANYTHING but a nuisance. They pay the bills and keep the servers up and running.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I consider TV ads a nuisance even though they enable me to enjoy my favorite shows like Heroes, Mythbusters and Battlestar Galactica for free. I simply put up with it. Make no mistake, I'm not complaining about the CC ads, but I calls them likes I sees them.

We are straying way off course for the topic here though. Boobies are far more interesting than any ad I've ever seen. Even though I'm in my 30s, considering that the average age of the HAL pax is much older than I am still, its probably a good thing there are no topless decks on HAL ships.

Personally, I think that is terrible to go topless, especially on a December cruise that I assume had a lot of children....

Those who agree with this post would be best advised to avoid beaches in the South of France. :D

For myself, I prefer the French approach. Bathing suits tops are optional for all genders, ages, and body types, and nobody thinks twice about it, whether you choose to wear one or not. Because everyone treats it in a matter-of-fact way, the kids don't think it's a big deal.

That said, I'd be hesitant to adopt that approach on a US-based cruise ship, precisely because many people in this country do have a different attitude, and I wouldn't want to offend, or create a spectacle. Too bad, though!

Archived