Krooz Komic - should they be back onboard?

Krooz Komics - Do you want them back??  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Krooz Komics - Do you want them back??

• I really enjoy the Komics and they should be onboard even if a few more dollars per passenger.
    • I enjoy the Komics but I'm not willing to pay more.
    • I don't care if the Komics are onboard, just reduce the cost.
    • I don't care one way or the other.

Looking back on the threads of this board it appears that my fellow passengers speak as fondly about the Krooz Komics as much as any other entertainment. Many miss them and the general consensus seems to be they believe this is a cost savings measure. I don't see the cost of two entertainers being in excess of $4000/wk. For Voyager and Freedom class that's less than $2 additional fee per passenger.

Question, do you miss the Komics and do you think RCI should put them back on the larger ships even if it means paying $4 more per passenger?

I happened to ask DW this very question just two nights ago. It had occurred to me that the KKs were missing in action since our last Voyager cruise three year ago. What triggered my memory of them were a few pictures of our [then] 14 y/o daughter and a KK on formal night. (One of our favorite pics!)

I say, bring 'em back... As far as paying extra...don't think so.

1225297408037912873S425x425Q85.jpg

The krooze komics were really funny on our Explorer cruise. They sure did make waiting for the shows alot better, and with them there you didn't have to play bingo :mad: before each show started!

Stupid bingo! I wouldn't win at Bingo even if I was the only one playing! :mad:

We had Krooze Komics on Freedom. We're going on Mariner next month and the email we got froom RCL did not note them. I will not miss them. They were a sort of incidental pleasantness, although I doubt they cost the avaerage cruiser more than a dollar each.

Stupid bingo! I wouldn't win at Bingo even if I was the only one playing! :mad:

This made me laugh --- last year on the Navigator, I was playing "win a cruise bingo" and I got down to one number -- so I stood up. And then....low and behold....they called my 1 number -- so I called Bingo! I was shocked and amazed (I never win). Well, from way down front - a tiny voice also calls Bingo! Yikes -- now, there are 2 of us and since I don't want to share my free cruise with her .....we go into "playoff mode". Well -- you guessed it....the number called was not on my card -- but, it was on hers. So....I was officially the unluckiest person on the entire ship! I got to call Bingo! but, I didn't win anything!!! (At least when you call bingo during a normal game, you split the pot with the others that win --- during win a cruise bingo - only 1 winner!) Oh well....another time maybe!:)

I would pay MORE just to keep the KK's OFF the ship! :p I love to laugh and my favorite thing in the world is a sense of humor, but for some reason these dudes grated on my nerves like there was no tomorrow! Grown men acting like idiots? No thanks. It wasn't for me for sure. I could probably see it more if they hired 15 year old boys to act like wackos, but not grown men. It just didn't "sit" right with me, it was more like watching a car wreck out of curiosity than it being entertaining. JMHO of course! :D

This made me laugh --- last year on the Navigator, I was playing "win a cruise bingo" and I got down to one number -- so I stood up. And then....low and behold....they called my 1 number -- so I called Bingo! I was shocked and amazed (I never win). Well, from way down front - a tiny voice also calls Bingo! Yikes -- now, there are 2 of us and since I don't want to share my free cruise with her .....we go into "playoff mode". Well -- you guessed it....the number called was not on my card -- but, it was on hers. So....I was officially the unluckiest person on the entire ship! I got to call Bingo! but, I didn't win anything!!! (At least when you call bingo during a normal game, you split the pot with the others that win --- during win a cruise bingo - only 1 winner!) Oh well....another time maybe!:)

LMAO, this was too funny!!!

Any chance you could have been her cabin mate on that free cruise??? :D

I would pay MORE just to keep the KK's OFF the ship! :p I love to laugh and my favorite thing in the world is a sense of humor, but for some reason these dudes grated on my nerves like there was no tomorrow! Grown men acting like idiots? No thanks. It wasn't for me for sure. I could probably see it more if they hired 15 year old boys to act like wackos, but not grown men. It just didn't "sit" right with me, it was more like watching a car wreck out of curiosity than it being entertaining. JMHO of course! :D

So Christie, are you saying you didn't like them? Just kidding. "... watching a car wreck out of curiosity..." That cracked me up.

Seriously though, for those who enjoyed them, when you say you wouldn't pay any more do you mean not even $1? My point was the consensus views this as a cost savings measure and what they paid these folks could easily be added to the cost and no body would have ever noticed. I used $2 as an example but in reality, like one poster replied, it's probably less than $1. This would not have broke my travel budget.

Now, for those like Christie, I can see these folks not wanting to pay more - even if it's one penny.

Thanks for giving me your HO. (humble or honest opinion)

Archived