footwear for dining room

goin'toalaska

West Marine also carries Crocs.

I have several pair of Caymans. I also own the Nile and Athens styles, and a pair of maryjanes.

Be aware that some Crocs fit better than others.

The Crocs company has the shoes manufactured in various places.

For example, I wear size 7, and the Crocs I have that were manufactured in Colorado are women's 7. Those are Cayman, Athens and Nile models.

I have the marjanes, made in China, size 7.

I have the college logo ones [Go Buckeyes!] made in Colorado, size 6-7.

And the Disney Crocs, made in China, size 6-7.

I ordered two pair of Crocs online from the company and when they came they were way too wide. They were size 7, but they were made in Mexico.

We sent them back. The company rep my husband spoke with said there was a little quality control issue with sizes from different manufacturing plants.

All of the above Crocs were authentic -- not cheap knock-offs.

I wear mine all over Disney -- and we walk miles and miles. No sore spots on my feet after. I wear them to the beach, out walking the dog, etc.

I wear them when I do laps on the cruise ships. They are just perfect for that!

I think Crocs are a love/hate kind of thing. One of my sisters absolutely HATES them, as does one of my daughters.

They sure start conversations though, wherever you go!

I have a very dear friend who introduced me to them ... and I am forever grateful!

So, if these shoes are so ugly, why would they be stolen out of someone's luggage? I guess some people like ugly shoes.:D

Would you rather be wearing ugly shoes and be walking on air :p

OR

be wearing pretty shoes and have sore, aching feet? :eek:

I rest my case!!:D

Many of us have reached that wise age (and it arrives at different times for everyone) where we know what is really important in life----

Would you rather be wearing ugly shoes and be walking on air :p

OR

be wearing pretty shoes and have sore, aching feet? :eek:

I rest my case!!:D

Many of us have reached that wise age (and it arrives at different times for everyone) where we know what is really important in life----

I truly do not think that those are the only two options.

I have plenty of shoes that are both good looking and comfortable enough to walk miles over cobblestones and anything else. These days there are more choices than ever.

I really do not like the look or fit of Crocs. I made myself try on a pair last week after reading all of the rave reviews. They run very wide and did not fit my feet at all.

Give me my Cole Haans any day of the week:).

I really do not like the look or fit of Crocs. I made myself try on a pair last week after reading all of the rave reviews. They run very wide and did not fit my feet at all.

Comparing Crocs with Cole Haans is like comparing apples and oranges. They are entirely different shoes, different material, entirely different fit and feel (Crocs aren't supposed to fit your feet like leather shoes), different look (like tennis shoes vs. 3" heels) and for different purposes. I have both and love both but would never ever be deciding between the 2 of them as to which pair to wear with the same outfit. I wouldn't garden or go to a pool in CH's nor would I wear Crocs out to dinner with my best slacks and blazers. :eek: :eek:

Oceanwench,

You detail you own a number of styles.

I wear mine all over Disney -- and we walk miles and miles. No sore spots on my feet after. I wear them to the beach, out walking the dog, etc.

I wear them when I do laps on the cruise ships. They are just perfect for that!

Which style are you referring to by this statement?

Just came back from Nordstroms looking at crocs. They only carried the ballet slipper which was too narrow for me or the ones with holes. My toes got caught in the holes. I will have to look someplace else for the ones with no holes. ugly, yes, but very comfortable. i can see why people love them.

I guess the "Crocs in the dining room" folks are just a variation on the "Fuzzy slippers in the dining room" folks.

They're fun, they're comfortable ...

And they can spark conversation/debate:

"Oh, what IS she wearing on her feet? Some kind of plastic clog? Heavens! Arthur, get my smelling salts!"

I'll leave my fancier footwear [not going to drop names] in the cabin on casual nights, most of the time, in favor of Crocs. :)

Oceanwench,

You detail you own a number of styles.

Which style are you referring to by this statement?

Sail,

When doing laps, I wore my Caymans. I did not own any other styles when I last cruised.

I never worried about a wet/slippery area.

I also wear my Caymans when at Disney, but that is because I tend to be at Disney in the cooler months.

Did you check their store locator on the Crocs Web site?

I know Journeys [in the malls] sells them, but only carries Beach.

Do you have a West Marine anywhere near you?

I bet there are stores in Harvard Square that carry them, if you are near there.

I truly do not think that those are the only two options.

I have plenty of shoes that are both good looking and comfortable enough to walk miles over cobblestones and anything else. These days there are more choices than ever.

Oops---my bad! I certainly did not mean to say it was CROCS or nothing--I know that there are plenty of other comfy shoes out there---

it really is what works for each person! If Cole Haans is what makes your

feet happy--good for you! My sister also hates CROCS! When we are together we also don't discuss Tonya Harding, Michael Jordan, and religion! I hope that we can still be friends! My sister and I are!:)

Sail, if there's no place near you that you can try Crocs on, then Zappo's would be your best bet because there's no shipping/no return shipping. They have a few of the styles at a reasonable price.

I agree with the others that you cannot compare Crocs with any other shoe. They are unique. As to "fit", as someone said they don't exactly "fit":) . They're just good 'round the house, 'round the block, 'round the deck shoes. For me, though, I need the raised heel so I'm looking forward to ordering the Capri or Ithaca.

Another HUGE bonus to Crocs is they're almost lighter than air ... so they are fantastic for packiing!

Just came back from Nordstroms looking at crocs. They only carried the ballet slipper which was too narrow for me or the ones with holes. My toes got caught in the holes. I will have to look someplace else for the ones with no holes. ugly, yes, but very comfortable. i can see why people love them.

Carol,

I think the "one with holes" is the Caymen style...and the most popular. What style is the one w/o holes?

I will have to goi out tomorrow and try some....I've bought them for my grandkids, but never for myself! :eek:

Which model do you wear for walking the deck/"On Deck for the Cure"? I just looked at Crocs site and while I like the Athens (and will probably buy some), I don't think they're suitable for walking any considerable distance. I didn't like the look of Nile.

Good morning, Sail,

I was away from the board this weekend and just catching up. The style we wear while walking is the Beach model--their original style (4 years ago, when we started wearing them, their ONLY model :) ). My husband will not wear sandals but he loves his Crocs. Whenever we went to Disney World in the past I always did what was suggested by taking 2 pairs of sneakers and switching between them to avoid blisters--it never worked. I also developed blisters while doing the 5K walks no matter how expensive and well fitting the sneakers were. Since we discovered Crocs it has made walking long distances so much easier (especially in airports--no more trampled toes from other people's luggage, which used to happen when I wore sandals). They are also a dream to slip on/off during security. In the winter months here in the Midwest we wear them with socks (when not wearing our Crocs boots). Some people do prefer the Cayman because it is more size-specific--I have both and both styles work for me. I agree with Heather about the Athens (flip-flops). I've never cared for that style before but these are so comfortable. I wear the mary janes to work with my work trousers and they are completely acceptable. I'm definitely going to check out the new style with the heels.

As far as ordering from their website, I usually do it only when I need several pairs (for gifts or when a new style comes out). I believe if your order totals $100 or more the shipping is free. Otherwise I buy them at Dillards, Hallmark or a chain we have in the malls here called Coach House gifts.

Hi Dedemona......

Thanks for your great post. I have never looked for Crocs so have no idea what stores in our area may carry them.

We don't have Dillards in Massachusetts but I intend to try a Hallmark Store.

If not successful there, it's Zappos or Crocs. com. I'll try a Beach and an Athens model.

Of course, I'd prefer to be able to try them on before purchasing but both sites take returns so not a problem.

Let you know how I make out. :)

Thanks, I did that.

One two stores reasonably close to me to try. I think they might a smattering to try but would be very surprised if they had more than 1 or 2 styles.

:) Hopefully they'll have the two I wish to try.

On the other hand, if I want to go into the city, Boston has a ton of locations.

Well, I'm the proud owner of a pair of crocs. Unfortunately, as I was opening the car door, I smashed my finger between it and the side view mirror of the car parked next to me. it's now all balck and blue and swollen. the price of fashion.

Anyway, the lady in the store told me that the woman who invented those thingies the kids stuff in the holes was at home with her sick kids doing arts and crafts projects. She says she sold her company to Crocs for $20 million. She aslo suggested that HAL sell the crocs in their store.

Archived