Fox 5 NYC - Dawn Bedbug Story is Coming Up

shoreguy

Jim,

Are you trying to get some cruisers to get disgusted, cancel their bookings, NCL lowers fares and you can get a cheaper cruise ;)

Cause that would be why I would make a thread like this LOL

-Monte

Jim,

Are you trying to get some cruisers to get disgusted, cancel their bookings, NCL lowers fares and you can get a cheaper cruise ;)

Cause that would be why I would make a thread like this LOL

-Monte

Gem prices are in fact getting out of hand - 2850 pp AF Feb 2008 - I need to change the title of the thread.

The fact is it always fun to watch the tabloid news on fox NY

OK... I'm not usually one to watch Fox but I saw your post and decided to check out the report. I've not heard about this before, but I have to admit that bedbugs kind of freak the cr*p out of me. Are these reports founded? I'm on the March 22nd cruise on the Dawn and... ew.

Some people don't need to hear anything like this...they get all scheaved(sp)out. Didn't see the story, got a call from a fellow cruiser, now they don't want to go. Or if they go it will be with a fine tooth comb.

Wish I knew where to find the story , its not on Fox website:confused: .

OK... I'm not usually one to watch Fox but I saw your post and decided to check out the report. I've not heard about this before, but I have to admit that bedbugs kind of freak the cr*p out of me. Are these reports founded? I'm on the March 22nd cruise on the Dawn and... ew.

Bed bugs are brought aboard by passengers. they are a fact of life at every hotel and cruise ship. They do not carry disease but are annoying(roaches set off ashma attacks)....but I wouldn't be happy finding them. What cabin where they in...

It takes a lot to kill bedbugs.....

Did Fox show any pictures or video of the bedbugs? If not NCL should sue Fox for lack of proof! Did NCL have the opportunity to respond? If not, NCL should sue!

Our local television news stations were given the thumb by the local electricity utility. When they ran a story and claimed the utility failed to answer their questions in the half hour before they ran the story on the 10 PM news, the chairman of the board of the utility company told the owners of the station, not the editor, that they had a vice president of public relations, who would respond to any query, if given the time to study and confirm the problem. They pulled their advertising from the station. That was six years ago, but the other stations and the local newspaper got the response, the next day....The television station that ran the story six years ago had a change in editors and reporters one week after they ran the false misleadiing story. And still hasn't seen any advertising. No more of this calling 30 minutes before breaking the news, no more of this giving no time whatsoever to confirm the story.

I loved my cruise on the Dawn but it will be quite awhile before I would go again. I was shocked to hear the story. I watch Fox News everynight. Does anyone know what cabin they were in? I have some friends leaving in a couple of months.

Did Fox show any pictures or video of the bedbugs? If not NCL should sue Fox for lack of proof! Did NCL have the opportunity to respond? If not, NCL should sue!

Our local television news stations were given the thumb by the local electricity utility. When they ran a story and claimed the utility failed to answer their questions in the half hour before they ran the story on the 10 PM news, the chairman of the board of the utility company told the owners of the station, not the editor, that they had a vice president of public relations, who would respond to any query, if given the time to study and confirm the problem. They pulled their advertising from the station. That was six years ago, but the other stations and the local newspaper got the response, the next day....The television station that ran the story six years ago had a change in editors and reporters one week after they ran the false misleadiing story. And still hasn't seen any advertising. No more of this calling 30 minutes before breaking the news, no more of this giving no time whatsoever to confirm the story.

absent malice corporations rarely win such lawsuits against news departments. Since this is matter of public concern and the person telling the station the problem is id'ed they have more than enough proof to get it dismissed on motion. Also most of the time this has been in prep a long time(more than a couple of days) and NCL had time to respond.

Pulling ads are more effective...Channel 5 isn't in the top 3...

Now we know of something else to add to those "must hav" packing lists.

Just remember to keep your luggage zipped up at all times.

Would it help to pack spiders? Do they eat bedbugs? Don't the Geckos go for cockroaches?

Maybe we have the basis for a good Sephen King story here.

The fact is it always fun to watch the tabloid news on fox NY

Until a few months ago I had the NY locals from DishNetwork (RV exemption) but some jerks decided I didn't need them in my camper. I really had a good time watching some of your local news. Besides, I could get the results of sporting events that hadn't even been played here yet :)

-Monte

Did a little web surfing, and I'll bet they got the bed bug story from this:

http://www.capecodtoday.com/blogs/index.php/DonsBlog/2007/01/23/ncl_cruises_freestyle_or_free_for_all

Ooh, someone thought they were signing up for a bunch of "I'm better than you" extra-speshul services and got a rude awakening when he ended up having to cruise with other people! Oh, the humanity!

The bedbug story is gross but we're hearing about this sort of thing more and more lately, didn't one of the big network news magazines find them in luxury hotels?

Just saw the news report......these people traveled on the Dawn in November...why are they just complaining about it now? Why not make it known immediately? Seems to me to be some other reason than just to "make the public aware of this situation". Hmmm.........

If you don't like bed bugs, then never,ever, ever stay at the Regents Palace in Picadilly in London.have a look at their hotel on trip advisor for the photos people have put on, all covered in bites..we were booked there in 03, and promptly moved out, what a shocking hotel( flea bag motel should be the name) and they wanted 375 a night!!

I was on the Dawn in November. At the time there was a thread on CC about the Spirit and bedbugs. I remember hearing a story of someone finding them behind a picture. I specifically did not look behind a picture, or anywhere else dark because I did not want to find any little friends.

I was interviewed by NY Fox in 2005 as we were on the Dawn the week after the wave. I didn't realize the station was like "that."

The NBC affiliate in Boston is pretty tabloid.

Archived