Fox 5 NYC - Dawn Bedbug Story is Coming Up

shoreguy

Actually, I am a bit of an expert... well, sort of.. LOL. I'm a journalist, and we have to know a bit about everything. What we don't know, we research. And yes, Google is a wonderful tool IF you quote reliable sources (as I did). Now DO tell me what ficticious statements and "assumptions passed as facts" you are alleging?

And coincidently, I did a bed bug story about a year ago. I'd be happy to send you the script if you give me your e-mail address.

Have a good night, and don't let the bed bugs bite! :D

I don't know what kind of a jounalist you are, but my DH has been in the business for probably more years than you have been alive: no, you don't have to nor do you know a bit about everything. You might think you do. As for doing a story on bed bugs, that I will believe. I don't think most of us want to read it though. Nmnita

I don't know what kind of a jounalist you are, but my DH has been in the business for probably more years than you have been alive: no, you don't have to nor do you know a bit about everything. You might think you do. As for doing a story on bed bugs, that I will believe. I don't think most of us want to read it though. Nmnita

If your husband is a good journalist, he will tell you that it's very dangerous to assume anything.

Never-the-less, I'd love to hear where he works (not specifically, of course.. but... a local newspaper, national newspaper, local radio, national radio, local TV, national TV?). I'm curious, just how long HAS he been in the business?

Quantity, though, doesn't equal quality. There are some very sharp young journalists and some really bad older journalists, as well as some really bad young journalists and some really sharp older journalists. There are people who crank out crap for 40 years.

A general assignment reporter does need to keep current and does need to know a bit about everything. Bed bugs has been back in the news for a few years, and any general assignment reporter his/her their salt would be aware of this.

Actually, I am a bit of an expert... well, sort of.. LOL. I'm a journalist, and we have to know a bit about everything. What we don't know, we research. And yes, Google is a wonderful tool IF you quote reliable sources (as I did). Now DO tell me what ficticious statements and "assumptions passed as facts" you are alleging?

And coincidently, I did a bed bug story about a year ago. I'd be happy to send you the script if you give me your e-mail address.

Have a good night, and don't let the bed bugs bite! :D

Im glad you can laugh at yourself. an "expert". Being a journalist doe not make you an expert in anything, and if you say you need to know a bit of everything - that makes you a QUEEN of all trades but a master of none,and i bet that holds true for you as i seriously doubt you know a lot of any one subject. I bet you are the type of "journalist' who writes about whatever, just to fill inthe space.

What you deem reliable is not necessarily FACTUAL, just because you believe what you read, but then again - you are a journalist and you have to believe a lot of stuff in order to continue producing scripts.

Im not going to waste a minute of my time go go through your posts and show you exactly where you passed assumptions as facts. i know it and so do many others. i have nothing to prove to you.

,,,,and, if you did a bed bug story, it must have been a lousy one, because if i was a journalist doing that story, somewhere within the story i would provide a full list of treatment options, including those that are safe for mattresses, but you clearly didnt, based on your senseless replies to my posts about specific chemicals and their treatment abilities.

i dont want special treatment from you. everyone deserves to see your script !!??!! , so if you must share it, post it here and lets talk about it, maybe theres a lesson in it for you.

NMNITA: a journalist that "knows" a bit about everything, or claims they have to know a bit about everything, usually do stories about anything and nothing at all, just to blow air. I believe that surfgirl also knows a little bit about botox, genetic mutation and penis enlargement among other things. SURFGIRL,, which story are you doing next?

Im glad you can laugh at yourself. an "expert". Being a journalist doe not make you an expert in anything, and if you say you need to know a bit of everything - that makes you a QUEEN of all trades but a master of none,and i bet that holds true for you as i seriously doubt you know a lot of any one subject. I bet you are the type of "journalist' who writes about whatever, just to fill inthe space.

What you deem reliable is not necessarily FACTUAL, just because you believe what you read, but then again - you are a journalist and you have to believe a lot of stuff in order to continue producing scripts.

Im not going to waste a minute of my time go go through your posts and show you exactly where you passed assumptions as facts. i know it and so do many others. i have nothing to prove to you.

,,,,and, if you did a bed bug story, it must have been a lousy one, because if i was a journalist doing that story, somewhere within the story i would provide a full list of treatment options, including those that are safe for mattresses, but you clearly didnt, based on your senseless replies to my posts about specific chemicals and their treatment abilities.

i dont want special treatment from you. everyone deserves to see your script !!??!! , so if you must share it, post it here and lets talk about it, maybe theres a lesson in it for you.

NMNITA: a journalist that "knows" a bit about everything, or claims they have to know a bit about everything, usually do stories about anything and nothing at all, just to blow air. I believe that surfgirl also knows a little bit about botox, genetic mutation and penis enlargement among other things. SURFGIRL,, which story are you doing next?

I clarified your post, and you go on the attack. Did I somehow hurt your ego?

Archived