Single Supplement

oceanbreeze50

Norwegian, Carnival, Silversea, Seabourn, MCS Cruises, and Discovery World Cruises may have singles programs just to name a few. I think best bet is find a cruise you want to do and check with the line for that particular cruise.

I have sailed on several lines and for the past three years have been paying a full 200% on NCL and Celebrity. I thought maybe there were some lines that charged less for singles, even tho their fares were higher. It would all seem to even out in the end.

Occassionally the lines will run a special but most do charge the 200%. HAL, I believe still has the find a roommate programe where you pay for 1/2 the room and they will try to match you up. If they can't find someone then you get the room for the price you paid.

I messed around a bit with pseudo reservations, and on Princess I noticed 150% for inside and oceanview. Balconies and above were 200%.

Don't know if that is standart though or just on the cruise I was checking on.

Costa has some good programs that I have been getting lately. They charge between $200-$300 for the supplement. Our supplement on our TA is only $140. It was much higher and they dropped it about 4 weeks ago. It depends on when you sail and how much in demand that cruise is. If you can go in the off season, many times they will drop the supplement to much lower to fill the ship.

Are there any cruise lines that do not charge a full 200% for single supplement?

Regrettably, there are very few ships left that have single cabins. Cunard's QE2 is the most prominent of these; the Fred Olsen ships all have singles, as far as I know; perhaps the Saga Rose & Saga Ruby too. Otherwise, single cruisers will occupy a double cabin--more often than not paying a hefty supplement.

Archived