Booked a hump cabin on Serenade of the Seas

DKNE

I called our TA today and got her to switch our cabin to a hump one on deck 9!!!!

Anyone have a hump cabin on Deck 9 on the Serenade of the Seas before?

I am very excited!!!!!:D

If you have pics, you can share, ya know!! :)

Congratulations!! We tried to book the middle of the hump on deck 9 last year but it was taken (even 13 months ahead) so we were on deck 8. I think on deck 9 the cabin is a bit bigger.

Have a great cruise, the Serenade is terrific.:D

If you want to see what the cabin below looks like- http://www.jlfcruise06.dell.shutterfly.com

I just changed my reservation from Radiance of the Seas to the Jewel. We had an aft JS....on the corner for 6 nights on Radiance and switched to a hump cabin on Jewel for 8 nights. I ended up with cabin 9588. Should I have gotten the one dead center??

We had a hump cabin on deck 9 on the Serenade in Sept. and it was great!:)

You are close to the elevators and stairs and yet it is still quiet.

We had one by the elevators, second cabin over and our balcony was bigger. It shows some white area on the ship diagram and that is the extra space we had on the balcony.

Our in-laws had one on the other side of us, in the middle of the hump and their balcony looked smaller than the other balconies we could see looking along the railing.

There was just room for two chairs and a small table and no room to walk around them. We had a lounge chair, two chairs and a small table and Lots of room for much more.

It is a beautiful ship and they have a great crew! Have fun!:)

We had a hump cabin on deck 9 on the Serenade in Sept. and it was great!:)

You are close to the elevators and stairs and yet it is still quiet.

We had one by the elevators, second cabin over and our balcony was bigger. It shows some white area on the ship diagram and that is the extra space we had on the balcony.

Our in-laws had one on the other side of us, in the middle of the hump and their balcony looked smaller than the other balconies we could see looking along the railing.

There was just room for two chairs and a small table and no room to walk around them. We had a lounge chair, two chairs and a small table and Lots of room for much more.

It is a beautiful ship and they have a great crew! Have fun!:)

I saw the cabins like that and didn't know if I would be able to see around the cabin next door. I will have to pull up the ship layout. Do you know what cabin number you had?

When we were on our cruise we took a look at the cabins on the sides of the elevators. They have HUGE balconies with loungers as well as a table and chairs.

We decided that even though we like the hump, which is on the opposite side of the ship, the next time we book that class ship we will try for these cabins by the elevators. I would however do deck 8 or 9 only on the elevator side because of the life boats.

Shanafan-

We were in # 9076 and we didn't find it a problem seeing into any cabin or anyone seeing into ours.

I suppose if you really want to look, you or the cabin can lean your head around the divider.

We can see along the railings to the front of the ship but not back.

It was a super room and a great balcony, we would book it again.

We have the same cabin but the first one from the elevator booked for next month on the Radiance.

We were on the Serenade for 11 nights to Hawaii and we did not find it windy.

It's funny, this seems to come up a lot. There are hump balcony cabins (especially) on the Radiance class. And then there are hump balcony cabins that people desire that are actually the port side "next to the hump" cabins. They are also available starboard, but aren't quite as large.

There are advantages to both. The hump cabins (to me) have tiny balconies, but many people like them because you have an obstructed view towards either end of the ship. The next to the hump cabins have really big balconies for their E-1 or D-1 status. Many of them have 1 or 2 loungers, a chair or 2, and 1 or 2 small tables. We like the midship bigger balcony cabins, and have not noticed the hump to be an obstruction.

It gets a little confusing sometimes, but I think both hump and next to the hump cabins are in a desirable location. :D

It's funny, this seems to come up a lot. There are hump balcony cabins (especially) on the Radiance class. And then there are hump balcony cabins that people desire that are actually the port side "next to the hump" cabins. They are also available starboard, but aren't quite as large.

There are advantages to both. The hump cabins (to me) have tiny balconies, but many people like them because you have an obstructed view towards either end of the ship. The next to the hump cabins have really big balconies for their E-1 or D-1 status. Many of them have 1 or 2 loungers, a chair or 2, and 1 or 2 small tables. We like the midship bigger balcony cabins, and have not noticed the hump to be an obstruction.

It gets a little confusing sometimes, but I think both hump and next to the hump cabins are in a desirable location. :D

I booked a E-1 close to the hump area. Hump cabins just opened up.... I do not know if I should change cabins because of the view.... How is your privacy near the stairs/elve? Do you hear people while in your cabin?

We have stayed in 9584, 9586 and sister stayed in 9588 on the Serenade and or Jewel. Love the location, love the cabins, love the balcony. You can't miss. No noise from the centrum and no noise from the elevators, they are on the other side.

They do tend to be booked quickly now, everyone is finding out about them. We tried to book them on our uncoming Serenade to Hawaii, booked last April (06) for Oct 07 and they were already gone.......maybe someone will let one go soon!

I-em-ed, loved this cabin. We were in 9584 while going thru the Panama Canal. We were on the balcony, going thru and one of the hugh light pods hit the Windjammer where it juts out and crashed to the ground. Scared the xxxx out of me and thank goodness no one below got injured.

Morebeaches, thank you. I have lurked however you all have been posting for so long and have so much to say to each other I feel like an intruder. I may say hello now and then and we will meet at the M&M and we WILL have a great cruise.

Take care

"There are advantages to both. The hump cabins (to me) have tiny balconies, but many people like them because you have an obstructed view towards either end of the ship."

Sorry...middle of the hump cabins have small balconies and an UNOBSTRUCTED view to either end of the ship. I can't believe I had total brain freeze like that. Apologies. :)

When we were in 8086, we heard no people. You could faintly hear the piano or band in the centrum until midnight. There is actually a large distance and a firewall between your cabin and the elevators. :)

"There are advantages to both. The hump cabins (to me) have tiny balconies, but many people like them because you have an obstructed view towards either end of the ship."

Sorry...middle of the hump cabins have small balconies and an UNOBSTRUCTED view to either end of the ship. I can't believe I had total brain freeze like that. Apologies. :)

LOL.....

Anyway, we never heard any noise in our cabin. I actually preferred it to the jr suite, 1100 corner aft, we had a couple of years back.

1558 looks like it has a good size balcony, you are scrunched in between the Royal Suite and an Owner's suite. The Royal Suite cabin width extends out further than (in the diagram) your balcony. It looks great. Let us now how that is, and how you like it, please!:D I am curious how it looks onboard.

Archived