Iceland - Reykjavik excursion question

CHACruiser

we took the Hop on/off bus. Hopefully it doesn't exist any more. First we went to a museum (excellent) then to the modern church and then saw the bus but found out a fire truck was next to it as it had lost its oil. End of trip. Honestly!

Started to rain and we were not near anything much but saw a sign that said Traditional Icelandic Food. So we went to the second floor and had lunch there. My friend had the daily fish special which came with an interesting dessert somewhat like a gingerbread pudding. Good! More than I would pay for lunch at home but this was expected and we all enjoyed it! After, the rain continued and we had to walk back to the old harbor==all downhill it seemed. Luckily we brought rain gear. Golden Circle was great! We had an extra day in Iceland as the remnants of an Atl. hurricane was heading for the North Sea. So the captain put the pedal to the metal and we raced to Iceland!!

This cruise was from Denmark and ended up in NYC after Greenland etc. I called it a "life experience".

Edited by catl331

Is there something special about Icelandic chocolate? I'll also try to find a hot dog stand this July.

I cannot say that there was anything "special" other than it was much more tasty than I expected. We have a local candy company that makes what I think is the best chocolate candies. I just thought what I bought in Iceland was as good.

We are going to Iceland in July 2016. We had much the same choices off of the Rotterdam. I have decided to do the Delicious Golden Circle Tour with Gray Line. This is a variation on the Golden Circle Tour with a stop at an organic greenhouse for snacks and lunch at a farmhouse and then snacks at a traditional turf house farmstead. I am excited about this. Pick-up at the dock in Reykjavik and transfer to van tour. 309 Euros for two including the food stops. See Gray Line Reykjavik for more information. Hope it is good. :D