Another BIG SALE or is it?

dansu

Got an email last night....This Thursday only! Carnival's 35th Anniversary One Day Sale.

It looks like any other BIG SALE...my sailing date wasn't included.:(

Free Upgrades, and Hot New Caribbean Itineraries

code: CP1S

Got an email last night....This Thursday only! Carnival's 35th Anniversary One Day Sale.

It looks like any other BIG SALE...my sailing date wasn't included.:(

Free Upgrades, and Hot New Caribbean Itineraries

code: CP1S

Check this out...DH and I each have computer running....we put in the P1S code for a cruise we are looking at and the rate is $549 ....we put in the DP3 code and the same cruise is $469.

I'm going with the $469 rate.

The price of our cruise jumped $40 overnight. :mad:

None of the codes I tried resulted in lower cost, but did get the upgrades.

Glad we booked when we did ! :rolleyes:

The price has gone up each time, just before these BIG one day sales.

this is probably a silly question, but just wondering where you put the code #s in at to see the prices?

Thanks for the info

When you are on the Carnival website and have narrowed down your choice you select the Book now button. This takes you to another page that asks for # guests, home city, sail date, past guest number and there is a box for the promotional code. Here you enter the dp3 or p1s to see what deals are available.

I tried the code for past guests and it works for me even though im not a past guest. No flames but can i use it if it works?

Anyone can put the code in and check the price, but when booking you will have to provide Carnival with your past guest number.

Question:

I've booked an IS guarantee through my travel agent for a sailing next month.

If the "sale" this week has a good price for an OV guarantee, will I be able to call up my travel agent and pay the difference to upgrade? Or am I "locked in" to my category since it's past the final payment date?

When you are on the Carnival website and have narrowed down your choice you select the Book now button. This takes you to another page that asks for # guests, home city, sail date, past guest number and there is a box for the promotional code. Here you enter the dp3 or p1s to see what deals are available.

Thanks for the reply buddyjo143, I'll try it and see if it works.

i haven't seen such great deals. maybe i'm not searching the right time frames. but it seems to me that the prices are not only not that great, but even slightly higher:confused:

Yep, thats what everyone has been posting here. Im thinking prices are just higher than last year's. period. lucky if you book a year ago maybe, but not great if you are booking now.

I booked and holding a cabin, at least I will get the cabin I want, if not the price :cool:

I was just about to call my PVP to make my final payment for our cruise in May when I saw this thread and thought "OHH, a chance to save some dough!!!"

So I plugged in the P1S code for our cruise and got a rate of $479 for passengers 1&2, and $299 for #3, which was an Oceanview cabin on the Riviera deck, upgraded to Empress deck.

I thought there might be SOME savings on that rate, since I recieved a Military discount on my origianal booking, that I booked 3 weeks ago during the "BIGGEST SALE EVER" but in calling the PVP, she informed me that while this sale gives upgrades, I couldn't use my Military discount on it, so I guess I saved some $$ on the last sale.

Oh and BTW, I didn't get the email either...props to Dansu for posting the info!

If you read all of the fine print in the e-mail add the offer is very restrictive.

Usually not the dates or cabin grades I would want. But for someone with a more open schedule ( My kid is struggling and needs to stay in school),

it might save them some money... Heck maybe it is just a good excuse for some people to book LOL.

Archived