Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

Happy5804, I've had good luck calling Princess and asking about the number of children on board. They have always given me a number. I wish the internet was not acting up on the Golden since I am addicted to this thread and really miss hearing what is happening.

Me too on both counts:D

Wish someone on board could get on and post, wonder how many kids got on for this next leg:rolleyes:

Good Morning Golden Cruisers!

(& also you out there that are Landlocked)

Have a Great Day in Mexico until 6PM!:)

& looking forward to hearing about your travels as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!

(Is anybody there:confused: Calling Earth!:eek: Come in Golden?:eek: )

Jot (WIWT)

golden_bridge.jpg

I had no problems with the internet on my Mexican cruise a few months back so maybe all of the kids that boarded in Acapulco are hogging the Internet Cafe. Makes me wonder is this going to be a repeat of the infamous Hawaii cruise. :eek::eek::eek:

I had no problems with the internet on my Mexican cruise a few months back so maybe all of the kids that boarded in Acapulco are hogging the Internet Cafe. Makes me wonder is this going to be a repeat of the infamous Hawaii cruise. :eek::eek::eek:

Infamous Hawaii cruise:confused: - more info or a link please.

Wonder how many kids got on in Aca:rolleyes:

Infamous Hawaii cruise:confused: - more info or a link please.

Wonder how many kids got on in Aca:rolleyes:

You might want to do a search on the Island Princess.. Rich Mexican family let their kids run wild while parents gambled.. The kids tore up the ship, threw chairs/stuff overboard, took over the pools, disrupted passengers, etc.. As for this cruise, I heard numbers from 300 - 600. Maybe someone has better info.

I did a search.. Some info is posted on this thread.. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=285469&highlight=Island

We docked at Puerto Vallarta this morning. They closed and locked the Internet Cafe with a sign saying there was no satellite access. Although the Internet has been extremely slow and most days not functional, this is the first time they have locked the doors. It has been so bad, that many people have been bringing their books to read while waiting to access their email provider---And this is not a joke. So, this message is coming from a pier side Internet cafe with super high speed access.:( :(

We docked at Puerto Vallarta this morning. They closed and locked the Internet Cafe with a sign saying there was no satellite access. Although the Internet has been extremely slow and most days not functional, this is the first time they have locked the doors. It has been so bad, that many people have been bringing their books to read while waiting to access their email provider---And this is not a joke. So, this message is coming from a pier side Internet cafe with super high speed access.:( :(

Thanks for taking the time out to keep us up to date. :) So much for limited access. Not only is it not unlimited for the platinums and elites, it's not no internet at all.:confused: :(

Enjoy your cruise, regardless.

We docked at Puerto Vallarta this morning. They closed and locked the Internet Cafe with a sign saying there was no satellite access. Although the Internet has been extremely slow and most days not functional, this is the first time they have locked the doors. It has been so bad, that many people have been bringing their books to read while waiting to access their email provider---And this is not a joke. So, this message is coming from a pier side Internet cafe with super high speed access. :(

BTC, Thanks for the Heads up!:)

The Web Cam has not updated since 8:15AM CDT, either.:(

The Internet must be Fried on the Golden these days.:mad:

Say Hi to all on board from All of US!:D

Jot

You might want to do a search on the Island Princess.. Rich Mexican family let their kids run wild while parents gambled.. The kids tore up the ship, threw chairs/stuff overboard, took over the pools, disrupted passengers, etc.. As for this cruise, I heard numbers from 300 - 600. Maybe someone has better info.

I did a search.. Some info is posted on this thread.. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=285469&highlight=Island

Thanks, I will read this thread when I get back from dinner:D

I remember reading about that cruise from H-E double toothpicks

last year on the Island P. And that was 15 days of it.

Dang. Now that WOULD make our cruise a little more interesting, I suppose. Ugh. I hope if it is THAT group :eek: that they disembark in San Fran

Good Morning Golden Cruisers!

(& also you out there that are Landlocked)

Have a Great Day in Mexico until 5PM!:)

& looking forward to hearing about your travels as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!

(Is anybody there:confused: Calling Earth!:eek: Come in Golden?:eek: )

Jot (WIWT)

golden_bridge.jpg

You were too early for them...before anyone got in to close it. The early bird gets his worm!

Enjoy Acapulco and the rest of the Mexican Riviera!

Mary

Mary,

I love worms that do their job, but not to eat.:eek: Apparently I was able to walk right in the doors were closed but not locked and there were no signs saying that the internet cafe was closed. So as the story goes I used my card and the computer worked and you know the rest of the story.:rolleyes:

Easykruz,

Bill

Have you spoken with anyone on your cruise who did Machu Picchu with an independent tour guide service instead of using Princess?

Thanks

Julia

Julia,

I spoke to DRANDYL, Andy and Joyce and they thoroughly enjoyed their independent tour of Machu Picchu.:) Like I said before, no matter how you get to Machu Picchu, just make sure you get there.;)

Easykruz,

Bill:)

For those of you that celebrate Easter, Happy Easter.

Well like Big Time Cruiser said the internet connection has been non-existent the past few days. Today is the first day that I am able to post anything (because it was too too slow) even to my e-mail account.:eek: Not much to tell you about the good entertainment other than a great stand up comedian, Scott Wyler. For those of you getting on the Golden in SF make sure you do not miss him. Today's afternoon movie is "Bobby". As Jot Bill said we are in Mazatlan today. That takes care of the good.

The bad, are the kids running up and down the hallways and knocking on doors all night long (when people are retired for the night).:eek: I say no more.:rolleyes:

The ugly, I'll let someone else report on this that has first hand knowledge.

Easykruz,

Bill

Bill, glad to see you back. I guess the internet cafe is open again. We all missed you and others posting from the ship. Say hi to all from all of us!

Mary

Mary,

As Big Time Cruiser said there was a sign on the closed doors of the internet cafe yesterday stating there was no internet connection and there wouldn't be any today either in Matzatlan. Much to my surprise this morning the internet cafe is open, slow connection but open.:D I will say hi to everyone I see.

Easykruz,

Bill :)

Really enjoying the pics and all the details about the excursions.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences everyone.

How is the service and food ect on this trip, are there a lot of 'local' dishes from the places you are visiting or the regular menu's??

Your welcome.

The service and food are great (excellent). As far as the food ashore, local dishes, Dollar Bill (cheapskate:eek: ) will not pay for food ashore when the food is free on the ship.:D Maybe someone else can address the local dishes.

Easykruz,

Dollar Bill:)

Bill,

Thank you so much for posting which movies are being played.

We'll be getting on the ship on 4/12, I presume the day you're getting

off??

How was Acapulco and what tours did you do if any? Any feedback

from those who went on tours? We're still undecided, although we've

been to Acapulco for extended periods of time before, but it's been

a long, long time.

How was your weather today?

We'll be having our CC get-together on 4/13 at 11 a.m. at Skywalker's.

If you're still on board or anyone else ffrom this thread, please join us

Do you know, or can you find out from someone how many kids they

expect on board for next week please? It's sort of in the middle of

spring break, the day we get on, but am curious about the number

of kids.

We had 600 on the sailng in Alaska last year.

Is Dreamgirls one of the movies currently playing? I hope so.

Thanks!

"Happy"

Happy,

Whether or not Vicky and I get off you will have a marvelous time aboard the Golden Princess. (Yes, we will be getting off) Dream Girls is also one of the movies on board.

Whether or not you take any tours you will have a wonderful time in Acapulco. I suggest the fort across from the dock, which is a great museum about the history of Acapulco and has some magnificent views of Acapulco. Bill and Ellie, HUGHTWO, took a boat ride around the Bay and said it was great.

Whether (weather) has been hot and humid, in other words excellent (I love warm weather).

Easykruz,

Bill and Vicky:)

For those of you that celebrate Easter, Happy Easter.

The bad, are the kids running up and down the hallways and knocking on doors all night long (when people are retired for the night).:eek: I say no more.:rolleyes:

The ugly, I'll let someone else report on this that has first hand knowledge.

Easykruz,

Bill

Does this mean there is a Big Ugly?:confused: :eek:

(If so, any hints?)

Thanks again for the long awaited update!

Jot:)

Well no more news to report folks,

Hopefully tommorrow in Cabo San Lucas (last port before SF) I will be able to post.

As Edward R. Murrow would say, "Good Night and Good Luck".;)

Easykruz,

Bill

Mr. Bill

Dollar Bill

Wild Bill and

Billy the Kid

Over and Out:eek: :D

Does this mean there is a Big Ugly?

(If so, any hints?)

Thanks again for the long awaited update!

Jot

I do not like to repeat what I heard because I PERSONALLY don't know if they happened, so no rumors started here. Hopefully someone who has first hand knowledge will report. I'm sorry to get everyone's interest up.

JOT Bill nice to hear from you again.

Easykruz,

Not trying to be a trouble maker Bill

Archived