Solo Cruising and Princess

Brneyznfl

well..my first afternoon and evening were alot like some of the bad experiences mentioned and i was prepared to say"never again" -i have done other solo travel on land & really loved it. however,things got better & i became more relaxed,determined i was gonna jump right in(not off the balcony-haha) and i ended up having a great time! as for crew ignoring you,my experience ranged from being ignored to getting calls in my cabin from crew "expressing interest" so to speak and mostly polite , friendly service overall-so i guess it can really vary good luck on future travels:)

I've stayed away from Princess because I thought their single fares were 200%. Apparently this isn't alway the case.

Can any of you give me any guidance on the Princess cruises that charge less? Is it destination, type of cabin, booking early, etc.?

I've gotten reasonable solo fares on both HAL and Carnival.

Roz

I've stayed away from Princess because I thought their single fares were 200%. Apparently this isn't alway the case.

Can any of you give me any guidance on the Princess cruises that charge less? Is it destination, type of cabin, booking early, etc.?

I've gotten reasonable solo fares on both HAL and Carnival.

Roz

This opinion is based soley on experience and I hope it helps. I have my 3rd solo Princess Cruise booked for this fall. I cruised the Golden solo 2001 because it was a "new" ship I paid 200% for my balcony, less taxes and port fee's for 1 person. Im doing exactly the same thing this fall on the Emerald. Im pretty sure the percentage is based on the age of the ship as well as the category of statesroom. Princess balcony's are premium, Princess knows that, thats why there's no break on single occupancy, especially on new ships. Im going solo and I can tell you right now there will be less than 5 people on this sailing solo. Maybe some singles but not solo. Im on this particular sailing for the ship, the line, the length of the cruise and the itinerary, couldnt pass it up. Todd..........there are some GREAT deals on the Caribbean Princess balcony's 7 day, do B2B for 2 weeks with a balcony east and west Carib. great way to go, because its not a new ship anymore.

Archived