How do you find out about your room rates going down.

Go onto rccl.com and start to book (click on the ship you're going on & the date). Then see how much the room is currently going for.. if it's less then call RC or your TA, which ever you booked with.

Make sure you are not signed into your "my cruises" account when you check it. The have been some recent posts that they changed their rooms by accident while checking for price drop.

Go onto rccl.com and start to book (click on the ship you're going on & the date). Then see how much the room is currently going for.. if it's less then call RC or your TA, which ever you booked with.

You should also continue to Pretend to book the cruise. This will show any resident/military/senior discounts that might be available to you. You should also check the Promowave site.

Every day we go on rccl.com and pretend like we're booking the cruise again, all the way to where they quote rates. It's a morning ritual that has saved us big bucks! :D

Me To! Does the rate usually drop closer to your sail date? Mine only dropped by $35 and I don't want to bother my TA for that.

Jenny :confused:

It's a every day check for me....my home page is RCCI and reminds me to check...today was a good day for my one in Sept...went down $160. for us...:) I think I have seen 2 or 3 price drops now for this one!

Was checking on my Sept. cruise and found a senior rate which saved me $250 a person.We had to change cabins to another category and deck,but it was a higher category and deck and saved the money.They were both for inside cabins,though,which I know alot of people will not take.

The bad thing about my trip is I have to go Aug, 12th due to the kids go back to school on the 22nd. I had to rent one JR and one D1 room to keep them seperate so they don't kill each other. Could have gotton a GS for a lesser price for 4 but knew they could not stay in the same room for 7 nights. The cost at this time is very expensive so I need all the advice I can get on how to find discounts for this time if any. Yes I know the kids are spoiled brats, but I just want to get through this week and let every one be happy.

Unfortunately you just have to keep going back and checking. This is how we find low air faire prices :)

If you book at a higher price, and then the price drops, call the cruise line (or a TA if you used one) and ask that they honor the price drop. If they don't, switch TAs or tell RCI that you're transferring the booking. :)

I'd check any cruising website (Orbitz, travelocity, kayak). Just pretend you're booking a new cruise for the sailing date you've already booked. Fill out the same ship, itinerary, sailing date, and cabin category. Then compare the price they want for the price you paid. :)

I booked my July 01/07 cruise through a TA. No clue how much I would have paid in US $ at the time, since I booked in Canadian $. Anyone have any idea how I could possibly work backwards to figure out what it would have been, in order to compare current prices? It's a 34 ppl cruise so any additional $ we can save would be huge. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

Now here's something I found out- I have been checking all the time since booking whether price had gone down- every time I logged on it showed the same price...... Oh well.

Then yesterday I checked from someone else's computer- so they didn't "recognize" me and the first page that comes up has a curtain across- you click on the selection that applies to you- -

1- First time Cruiser

2- Cruised before,but not with Royal Caribbean

3- I'm loyal to Royal ( for those who have cruised with RCCL)

I clicked on 3- I'm loyal and it was SOO slow that I lost patience and clicked on 2- "I've cruised before but not with RCCL- surprise surprise,the prices were $230 each cheaper for first two and $50 cheaper for third pax.

So I called RCCL-I didn't mention which screen I was in and claimed the reduction without any problem.

After I got to thinking about it I went back to look at 'I'm loyal to Royal' and the prices were not reduced there!!!!

Seems to me it's selective pricing to maybe attract new customers from other cruiselines....

Oh,and on MY PC this morning I get my usual screen which shows Tower Bridge London- I don't get the curtain screen,so it obviously recognizes my PC.

Just a thought.

Isn't that interesting. You would think that as a LOYAL cruiser you would have a better price. On Princess it works that way. The prices are less or at least just the same after you sign in. I'm going to do what you did now and see what happens with cruises I check. Thanks.

I just tried and the curtains didn't come up. I used my husband's computer where the cookies were erased and they didn't come either. Sometimes on his computer they are there ( the curtains to choose ), sometimes not. No rhyme or reason. Now since they post different prices, I really want them to appear!! Anyone else have the same experience? Thanks.

Hi...

we are sailing on NCL Pride of America in July. Where can I go to monitor for price drops? I have not been able to check prices on the NCL website directly.

Thanks,

Karen

How are you getting that countdown clock on your signature? I can get it to show just fine on my preview, but it won't stay (no matter what clock I use from that site)

Archived